REALLY, YOU THINK RUSSIA WANTED A TRUMP PRESIDENCY … DID YOU LISTEN TO THE SPEECH?
During President Donald Trump’s amazing speech in Poland yesterday, he brought up many issues and concerns for the West. Among them was a not so veil tongue lashing of Russia and Putin. A day ahead of President Trump’s meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin for the first time on the sidelines of the G20 summit, Trump put Putin on notice. Make no mistake about it, Trump’s comment that “Poland and its neighbors are never again held hostage to a single supplier of energy” was a direct slap at Russia.
While President Trump didn’t definitively agree Thursday with the assessment from the CIA, NSA, and FBI that Russia meddled in the 2016 presidential election, he and his administration have taken five aggressive steps against Russia.
- Commitment to NATO’s defense agreement
- The sale of the Patriot missile system to Poland (video 28:12)
- Urging Russia to end its “destabilizing activities in Ukraine and elsewhere”
- Sale of liquid natural gas to European nations (video 3:27)
- Scolding Russia after North Korea’s latest missile test