FUNERAL CRASHER: Wife Noela Rukundo Crashes Her Own Funeral, Much to Husband’s Surprise, Who Had Paid to Have Her Killed … Balenga Kalala, Ultimately Pleaded Guilty & Sentenced to 9 Years in Prison


Noela Rukundo, an Australian woman, returned to her native Africa to travel to Burundi to attend her attend her stepmother’s funeral when she was abducted by a gang of men. They had been ordered by her husband of 10 years to kill her.  The amazing part, she was spared by the hitmen with principles. Hmm, I guess there is sometimes honor among thieves. After having kidnapped her, the men said, they weren’t going to kill her, they didn’t believe in killing women. Instead, they called the husband and told him the job was done.  According to Australia’s The Age newspaper, two days later, they set her free on the side of a road, but not before giving her a cellphone, recordings of their phone conversations with Kalala, and receipts for the $7,000 in Australian dollars they allegedly received in payment.

Noela Rukundo  was presumed dead by her partner and their entire community who held a funeral in her home in Melbourne, Australia, in her memory early last year. Much to all of their surprise, after all of the mourners had left, she approached her former love who was under the impression that his wife was not only dead, but that he had got away with his murderous plan. That’s when she approached him and replied, “Surprise! I’m still alive!” Her husband looked like he’d seen a ghost. Eventually, her husband, Balenga Kalala, pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 9 years in prison.

Balenga Kalala, who arrived in Australia in 2004 as a refugee, paid almost $7,000 to a group of kidnappers to kill the mother of his three children, Noela Rukundo, when she was attending her stepmother’s funeral in Burundi in early 2015.

The group snatched Ms Rukundo at gunpoint outside her hotel in Bujumbura in February and drove her to a secret location.


Finally, she spotted the man she’d been waiting for. She stepped out of her car, and her husband put his hands on his head in horror.

“Is it my eyes?” she recalled him saying. “Is it a ghost?”

“Surprise! I’m still alive!” she replied.

Far from being elated, the man looked terrified. Five days earlier, he had ordered a team of hit men to kill Rukundo, his partner of 10 years. And they did — well, they told him they did. They even got him to pay an extra few thousand dollars for carrying out the crime.

Now here was his wife, standing before him. In an interview with the BBC on Thursday, Rukundo recalled how he touched her shoulder to find it unnervingly solid. He jumped. Then he started screaming.

“I’m sorry for everything,” he wailed.

But it was far too late for apologies; Rukundo called the police. The husband, Balenga Kalala, ultimately pleaded guilty and was sentenced to nine years in prison for incitement to murder, according to the Australian Broadcasting Corp. (the ABC).

Search for Missing 17 Year Old Rebecca Arthur from Connecticut Who flew to Morocco to see Facebook Friend Sima El Adala (Update: Found Safe)


17 year old Rebecca Arthur of Clinton, CT is missing after she boarded a plane from JFK International Airport on Monday and flew to Casablanca, Morocco. Her plan was to travel to Morocco to see a Facebook friend, Sima El Adala. If that is his real name. According to accounts, her parents were unaware of her Facebook relationship with this individual or her plans to fly to Morocco.  However, the two have been in a relationship since Feb. 18, 2015, according to Facebook profile that match the pair’s names and photos.

Rebecca Arthur_Clinton Police Dept

Rebecca is described as a white female, approximately 5′ tall, 150lbs, with blue eyes, and blonde hair with red highlights and was last seen wearing black yoga pants, black sleeveless shirt, and pink, blue, and white Nike brand sneakers. Rebecca had a red suit case. Rebecca arrived in Morocco on July 7.  Police say Rebecca Arthur’s mother dropped her off Monday at the Delta Airlines terminal under the impression that the Clinton teen was flying to California to visit a friend. Instead police say the blond, blue-eyed girl boarded an international flight with about $25 in her pocket to the North African city which was most recently given a high-crime rating by the U.S. Department of State. According to Clinton Police spokesman Sgt. Jeremiah Dunn,  “The daughter had no intent of going to California.”

The FBI, Homeland Security Department and the U.S. Consulate in Morocco are all aiding in the investigation.

Authorities are searching for a Connecticut teenager who traveled to Morocco this week to see a Facebook friend.

The Clinton Police Department is investigating a missing persons report involving 17-year old Rebecca Arthur.

According to investigators, Rebecca was dropped off at the Delta Airlines terminal of JFK International Airport on Monday.

Police say that she flew to Casa Blanco, Morocco to see her Facebook friend, Sima El Adala, arriving on Tuesday.

Her parents were unaware of her plans or the details of the Facebook relationship.

Rebecca Arthur_Profile

A note to all parents, check your kids FACEBOOK page!!! How do you not know your kid is in a relationship, check out Rebecca Arthur’s FB page… Hmm, who is the guy on your page?

Facebook page: Sima El Adala


UPDATE I: Missing Clinton Teen Flew to Morocco … Authorities say they think the person claiming to be El Adala paid for Arthur’s plane ticket.

Police say Arthur flew to Morocco to meet a Facebook friend named Simo El Adala. A Facebook profile for El Adala features photos of Arthur and lists her as in a relationship with the girl. El Adala’s profile states that he lives in Uruguay.

Authorities say they think the person claiming to be El Adala paid for Arthur’s plane ticket, which likely topped $1,000. Dunn said investigators worried El Adala is not who his online persona claims to be.

“We don’t know that he’s a real person,” Dunn said. “That’s our concern.”

Sima El Adala Sima El Adala

Picture: Left: Rebecca Arthur  -  Right: a pic of who is presumed to me Sima El Adala

Anyone with information is asked to contact Clinton Police at 860-669-0451.

UPDATE II:  Rebecca Arthur: Missing teen who ran off to Morocco with online boyfriend found safe and well.

A missing teenage girl who ran off to Morocco to be with her internet boyfriend has been found and is said to be on her way back home to America.

Rebecca Arthur, 17, was located in a seaside resort near Casablanca with Simo Al Adala and his family, safe, and authorities are believed to be arranging for her to return to her native Connecticut.

50 World Leaders at Paris Anti-Terror, Day of Unity Rally, But No President Barack Obama, VP Joe Biden or Sec. of State John Kerry

MILLIONS GATHER AGAINST TERRORISM: Noticeable absent from the worlds show of unity against radical Muslim terrorism was President Barack Hussein Obama …

Nearly four million turned out across France today for unity rallies and nearly one million in Paris, the largest number of people turned out in Paris  France since the liberation of Paris from Nazi, Germany during World War II.  The more than 50 world leaders showed at the Paris march for the “Day of Unity” that included those from Germany, Italy, Poland, Israel, the UK, Ireland, Mali, the UN Secretary General, the US Secretary of State and the Palestinian President. The world leaders and millions of people paid their honor and respects to the 17 individuals who were killed by radical-Muslim terrorist in the last few days at Charlie Hebdo and a Paris kosher deli. Yesterday, the France’s Prime Minister declared war with radical Islam.

Vive la liberté!!!

Crowds streaming in for Charlie Hebdo Unity March in Paris

Paris March: Millions Attend ‘Cry for Freedom’ Rally for Unity

What a show of disrespect that the Obama administration pretty much sent no one to this important show of world solidarity against radical Islam and terror. No Obama, no Biden, no Kerry. But they did send U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to Paris to attend a meeting on fighting terrorism, but did not participate in the “Unity” march. How special.

Here is a list of the world leaders attending today’s Paris rally:

French President Francois Hollande
German Chancellor Angela Merkel
British Prime Minister David Cameron
Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi
Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy
Romanian President Klaus Iohannis
European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker
European Parliament president Martin Schulz
European Union president Donald Tusk
Nato secretary general Jens Stoltenberg
Polish Prime Minister Ewa Kopacz
Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt
Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel
Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras
Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny
Portuguese Prime Minister Pedro Passos Coelho
Czech Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka
Slovakian Prime Minister Robert Fico
Latvian Prime Minister Laimdota Straujuma
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boiko Borissov
Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban
Croatian Prime Minister Zoran Milanovic
Luxembourg Prime Minister Xavier Bettel
Maltese Prime Minister Joseph Muscat
Slovenian Prime Minister Miro Cerar
Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Lofven
Finnish Prime Minister Alexander Stubb
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko
Swiss President Simonetta Sommaruga
Kosovo President Atifete Jahjaga
Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama
Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu
Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg
Georgian Prime Minister Irakli Garibachvili
Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov
Austrian foreign minister Sebastian Kurz

US attorney general Eric Holder (* did not participate in the march)
Canadian public safety minister Steven Blaney

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and foreign minister Avigdor Lieberman
Jordanian King Abdullah II and Queen Rania
Palestinian Authority President Mahmud Abbas
United Arab Emirates foreign minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed al-Nahayan
Qatari Sheikh Mohamed Ben Hamad Ben Khalifa Al Thani
Bahrain foreign minister Sheikh Khaled ben Ahmed Al Khalifa and Prince Abdullah Ben Hamad al-Khalifa

Malian President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita
Gabonese President Ali Bongo
Niger President Mahamadou Issoufou
Benin President Thomas Boni Yayi
Tunisian Prime Minister Mehdi Jomaa
Algerian foreign minister Ramtane Lamamra

Dr. Craig Spencer Who Treated Ebola Patients in Guinea, West Africa Rushed to NYC Hospital with Ebola-Like Symptoms … Tests Positive for Ebola


EBOLA COMES TO THE BIG APPLE … 33 year old Craig Spencer, a Doctors Without Borders physician, who recently returned to the United States after treating patients in Guinea, West Africa was rushed to Bellevue Hospital with Ebola-like symptoms. Craig Spencer returned to NYC and landed at JFK International airport on Oct. 17. According to accounts, Spencer’s temperature was 98.7 degrees upon arrival. Looks like the new so-called protocols of people entering the country are garbage and do not properly screen for Ebola. Hmm, haven’t we been saying that for how long? What part about a 21 day quarantine for those healthcare workers who have been exposed to Ebola is such a difficult concept to grasp? Also, when are healthcare workers going to act more responsibly, themselves?

Craig Spencer and his fiancee have been isolated. This is some what unreal that a doctor who knows the risk of Ebola would subject others and his own fiancee to the disease.

Craig Spencer

A 33-year-old Doctors Without Borders physician who recently treated Ebola patients in Guinea was rushed in an ambulance with police escorts from his Harlem home to Bellevue Hospital on Thursday, sources said.

Craig Spencer, who was was suffering from Ebola-like symptoms — a 103-degree [SM editors note: correction, 100.3 degree] fever and nausea — spent Wednesday night bowling in Williamsburg, the sources said. He used Uber taxis to get there and back.

He landed at JFK airport on Oct. 17 on a connecting flight from Brussels, a source said. Spencer’s temperature was 98.7 degrees upon arrival, the source added.

Spencer had been working with Doctors Without Borders in Africa, treating Ebola patients in Guinea, sources said.

He’s undergoing testing at Bellevue to see if he has the deadly virus.

“After consulting with the hospital and the CDC, DOHMH has decided to conduct a test for the Ebola virus because of this patient’s recent travel history, pattern of symptoms, and past work,” the Health Department said.

Test results should be available in the next 12 hours, they added.

Craig Spencer_video

Click HERE to watch CBS – NY VIDEO

When are we going to take this fatal disease seriously, does the Obama administration want America to become like West Africa, riddled with Ebola? Stop the PC nonsense and get serious, stop travel from affected countries and provide 21 day mandatory quarantine for those healthcare workers and military forces who have to provide care in these areas. Craig Spencer returned from Guinea, Africa 10 days ago before showing Ebola-like symptoms. NYC Mayor de Blasio says there is no reason to be alarmed. REALLY? Spencer rode the A, L, and No. 1 subway lines, went running, used an Uber livery cab, and went to a bowling alley in Williamsburg called the Gutter. The bowling alley has since been closed and many unsuspecting NY’ers who rode on the same subways are now concerned. Limited contact, do you know how many people there are in New York City? There is no such thing!

Since returning from Africa, Spencer rode the A, L, and No. 1 subway lines, went running, used an Uber livery cab, and went to a bowling alley in Williamsburg called the Gutter Wednesday night, said Dr. Mary Bassett, the city’s health commissioner. He also visited the High Line park in Manhattan at some point, she said. He began exhibiting a fever and diarrhea on Thursday morning.

“Today, EMS HAZ TAC Units transported a patient to Bellevue Hospital who presented a fever and gastrointestinal symptoms,” Basset said in a statement earlier Thursday before the diagnosis. “As a further precaution, beginning today, the Health Department’s team of disease detectives immediately began to actively trace all of the patient’s contacts to identify anyone who may be at potential risk. The Health Department staff has established protocols to identify, notify, and, if necessary, quarantine any contacts of Ebola cases.”

Mayor Bill de Blasio said that the man had limited contact with others since coming back from Africa and was working with health officials to identify them. One of those was his fiance, who was also brought to Bellevue. The mayor also cautioned New Yorkers that their chances of contracting Ebola are very slim, even if you were on the subway with Spencer.

“We want to state at the outset that New Yorkers have no reason to be alarmed,” de Blasio said. “New Yorkers who have not been exposed are not at all at risk.”

But of course Obama is not taking it seriously, he appointed a political operative to be the Ebola czar, rather than some one with healthcare and healthcare management experience.

New York City Doctor Tests Positive For Ebola – Doctor’s Fiancee, 2 Friends Healthy, But Being Quarantined.

At the news conference, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said officials believe Spencer came in contact with four people during the time he was infected and symptomatic, and state officials are already talking to those four people.

Those four people include Spencer’s fiancée and two friends – all of whom are healthy, but have still been quarantined, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Commissioner Dr. Mary Travis Bassett said.

The fourth person who is in contact with the state is the driver of an Uber car, which Spencer took when he went bowling Wednesday night in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, Bassett said. The Uber driver had no direct contact with Spencer, and is not believed to be in any danger, she said.


Air Algerie Flight AH 5017 Missing from Radar Flying from Burkina Faso to Algiers across the Sahara … 110 Passengers & 6 Crew on Board (Update: Plane Crash, No Survivors … Wreckage & Black Box Found)

Another plane has gone missing from radar …

The BBC is reporting that Air Algerie Flight AH 5017 has gone missing from radar during its flight from Burkina Faso to Algiers. According to reports, Air Algerie lost contact with the plane about 50 minutes after take-off from Ouagadougou. Spanish airline Swiftair stated that Flight AH 5017 had 110 passengers and six crew on board. Air Algerie has announced that it has launched an emergency plan.

Algeria’s national airline, Air Algerie, says it has lost contact with one of its planes flying from Burkina Faso to Algiers across the Sahara.

Contact was lost about 50 minutes after take-off from Ouagadougou, it said. The plane was last seen at 0155 GMT.

Flight AH 5017 had 110 passengers and six crew on board, Spanish airline Swiftair, which owns the plane, said.

The pilot had contacted Niger’s control tower in Niamey to change course because of a storm, correspondents say.

Algerian and French nationals are thought to be on board.

“In keeping with procedures, Air Algerie has launched its emergency plan,” Air Algerie officials, quoted by APS news agency (in French), said.

Algerian Prime Minister Abdelmalek Sellal reportedly told Algerian radio: “The plane disappeared at Gao (in Mali), 500 kilometres (300 miles) from the Algerian border.”

UPDATE I: Reuters - Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso

Spanish private airline company Swiftair confirmed it had no contact with its MD-83 aircraft operated by Air Algerie, which it said was carrying 110 passengers and six crew.

The company said in a notice posted on its website that the aircraft took off from Burkina Faso at 0117 GMT (2117 ET) and was supposed to land in Algiers at 0510 GMT but never reached its destination.

UPDATE II: No survivors in Air Algerie crash, French president says.

French troops are headed to a remote area in Mali to secure the site of Thursday’s Air Algerie jet crash, the third major international aviation disaster in a week.

French President Francois Hollande announced Friday that there were no survivors in the crash of the MD-83 aircraft, which disappeared from radar less than an hour after it took off early Thursday from Burkina Faso’s capital, Ouagadougou, for Algiers. The plane had requested permission to change course due to bad weather.

UPDATE III: France sends military to guard Air Algerie wreck; black box found.

French officials have dispatched a military unit to the crash site of an Air Algerie jet that crashed in Mali carrying 116 people after vanishing from radar shortly after takeoff late Wednesday night.

French president Francois Hollande announced Friday that there were no survivors in the crash of the aircraft which disappeared from radar less than an hour after it took off early Thursday from Burkina Faso’s capital, Ouagadougou, for Algiers.

Speaking after a crisis meeting, Hollande also announced that one of the aircraft’s two black boxes has been found in the wreckage, in the Gossi region near the border with Burkina Faso. It is being taken to the northern Mali city of Gao.

Next Page →

Support Scared Monkeys! make a donation.

  • NEWS (breaking news alerts or news tips)
  • Red (comments)
  • Dugga (technical issues)
  • Dana (radio show comments)
  • Klaasend (blog and forum issues)
E-mail It