Prior to Airport Fort Lauderdale Shooting FBI Closed Alaska Investigation … Then Esteban Santiago Goes On Mass Murder Attack … Suspect Told Investigators, He Planned the Attack … Could Face Death Penalty
JUST LIKE WITH SO MANY OF THESE MASS KILLINGS, IT WAS PREVENTABLE … JUST WTF WAS THE FBI THINKING IN DEALING WITH THIS LUNATIC?
According to accounts, the suspect in the Fort Lauderdale, FL airport shooting that left 5 people dead and several more injured told investigators that he planned the attack. 26 year old Esteban Santiago has been charged with federal crimes and could face the death penalty. As per FBI Agent George Piro, Santiago spoke to investigators for several hours after the mass murder attack at the Fort Lauderdale airport where he opened fire with a 9mm semi-automatic handgun that he appears to have legally checked on a flight from Alaska. WHAT!!! You will read below why such astonishment as to how on earth this individual was allowed to possess a gun, let alone legally check it on the plane. Not to mention, Esteban Santiago bought a one way ticket to Florida. Did this not sound off any bells or raise any red flags? Nope, the TSA was too busy checking grandma’s walker and patting down little girls. It does not matter if this was an act of terror or not, how does someone who alerted the notice of the FBI because of insane actions, then be given his gun back, allowed to board a plane with a one way ticket and then allowed to check a gun. Have we completely lost all common sense?
The suspected gunman in an airport shooting rampage in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. — Esteban Santiago, 26, an Iraq War veteran — has been charged with federal crimes and could face the death penalty, the Justice Department announced Saturday night.
Santiago showed signs of violence and what authorities called “erratic behavior” in the months before they said he traveled 4,000 miles from home, loaded a gun in a baggage area and killed five people in some 80 seconds.
“The area was crowded with newly-arrived passengers retrieving their luggage, according to a news release from the Department of Justice. “Santiago started shooting, aiming at his victims’ heads until he was out of ammunition
However, why does there only have to be a terror angle to something in order for a suspect to be considered a danger to the public? Esteban Santiago was a mental case who should have been committed to an insane asylum after being arrested twice for domestic violence and then showing up to an FBI office in Alaka telling agents his mind was being controlled, complaining that the government was forcing him to watch Islamic State videos. AND YOU GAVE THIS LUNATIC HIS GUN BACK, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
Investigators said Saturday that Santiago drew frequent police attention for domestic violence in his Alaska home town and twice was arrested within the last year. Two months before the shooting, they said, he was admitted to a mental-health facility after showing up at an FBI field office and telling agents his mind was being controlled, complaining that the government was forcing him to watch Islamic State videos.
Police held his gun for a month, and then gave it back to him, authorities said.
Those sporadic run-ins now raise questions about how Santiago evaded detection as he boarded two flights — checking in a weapon — before he landed at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and allegedly fired at unsuspecting travelers.
Investigators said they were still trying to determine if there was a terrorism motive. A day after the shooting, agents had interviewed more than 100 people, including Santiago, who surrendered after firing all of his ammunition by dropping onto the floor, spread-eagle, near a baggage area when a sheriff’s deputy approached him, according to an FBI affidavit.
Daily Commentary – Friday, October 7, 2016 – We All Have Wishes but Some Wishes Should Be Granted More Than Others
- Convicted murderer, Barnie Fuller, asked to be put to death and it looks like he will get his wish.
- According to Prosecutor Juan Martinez in his newly released book, one of the jurors “fell in love” with Jodi and that’s what saved her from the death penalty
Daily Commentary – Wednesday, December 2, 2015 Download
Connecticut Supreme Court Declared Death Penalty Unconstitutional … Allows 11 on Death Row to Live Including heinous Rapist & Murders Joshua Komisarjevsky and Steven Hayes
Shame on the Connecticut Supreme Court … Allows rapist and murders live without parole.
The Connecticut Supreme Court has declared the death penalty unconstitutional on the grounds that it is cruel and unusual punishment. REALLY? You know what I deem cruel and unusual punishment, the torturing, molesting, raping and murdering of 48 year old Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her two daughters, Michaela and Hayley. How could anything else but the death penalty be the punishment for two individuals who would commit such heinous and vile acts? It is times like this that pubic stonings should be allowed.
But instead a bunch of bleeding heart liberals would rather spare the lives of rapists and murders. I wonder if the justices and the libs would feel the same if it happened to members of their families or their friends?
The Petit family home-invasion murders drew international attention: Two men raped and strangled a mother and molested one of her daughters in Connecticut. Then they set fire to the home, killing the woman and her 11- and 17-year-old daughters.
On Thursday, the Connecticut Supreme Court declared the death penalty unconstitutional, sparing the lives of the two killers and nine other convicts who were on death row when the state abolished capital punishment in 2012.
Joshua Komisarjevsky and Steven Hayes were sentenced to death for the slayings of Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, and her daughters, Michaela and Hayley.
“I’m not surprised at this decision,” said Michael Dearington, who prosecuted Komisarjevsky and Hayes, declining to elaborate.
In 2012, Gov. Dannel Malloy signed a bill into law that abolished the death penalty, making the state the 17th in the nation to abandon capital punishment and the fifth in five years to usher in a repeal. But inmates already on death row when the law passed were considered exempt from the law and could be executed.
The Supreme Court decision stems from the appeal of a defendant whose lawyers argued that executions carried out after the state abolished the death penalty would represent cruel and unusual punishment. That inmate, Eduardo Santiago, faced the death penalty after being convicted of a murder in West Hartford in 2000 in exchange for a snowmobile.
Steven J. Hayes
Joshua A. Komisarjevsky
JURY DECIDES FATE OF BOSTON MARATHON BOMBER DZHOKHAR TSARNAEV … SENTENCED TO DEATH
The sentences is is … Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has been sentenced to death. In the end, what else was the jury going to hand down as a punishment for this terrorist who took part in the Boston Marathon in 2013? His goal was to kill as many men women and children as he could. The punishment meets the crime. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev had previously been found guilty on all counts and now came time for his punishment. Despite the best efforts of the defense team and Sister Helen Prejean to convince the jury that Tsarnaev was remorseful of his heinous acts, thankfully the jury did not take the bait. If this was not a death sentence case, what is? The last thing anyone ever needed to hear was that his terrorists punishment was 3 square meals a day, cable TV and demands to have access to pray to Mecca 5 times a day. In the end there was no more appropriate punishment than death. According to accounts, Tsarnaev showed no emotion as he learned his fate and stood with his hands clasped in front of him, his head slightly bowed. He faces death by lethal injection. Personally, I say lets bring back “sparky” for this dirt-bag.
Two years after bombs in two backpacks transformed the Boston Marathon from a sunny rite of spring to a smoky battlefield with bodies dismembered, a federal jury on Friday condemned Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to death for his role in the 2013 attack.
In a sweeping rejection of the defense case, the jury found that death was the appropriate punishment for six of 17 capital counts — all six related to Mr. Tsarnaev’s planting of a pressure-cooker bomb on Boylston Street, which his lawyers never disputed. Mr. Tsarnaev, 21, stood stone-faced in court, his hands folded in front of him, as the verdict was read, his lawyers standing grimly at his side.
Immediate reaction was mostly subdued.
“Happy is not the word I would use,” said Karen Brassard, who suffered grievous leg injuries in the bombing. “There’s nothing happy about having to take somebody’s life. I’m satisfied, I’m grateful that they came to that conclusion, because for me I think it was the just conclusion.”