HE’S BACK … HMM, LOOKS LIKE A CERTAIN ATTORNEY WANTS MORE TV FACE TIME .
It would appear that Aaron Hernandez has hired new counsel for his double murder trial. Jose Baez, yes that Jose Baez, announced on Wednesday that he will be defending former New England Patriot tight end Aaron Hernandez in his upcoming double-murder trial. Aaron Hernandez has already been convicted in 2015 of a murder in Massachusetts, is charged with shooting to death two men, Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado, in 2012 outside a Boston nightclub.
A top Florida lawyer who stunned the nation when he won a murder acquittal for a mother accused of killing her toddler has taken on another high-profile, high-hurdle case.
Jose Baez announced Wednesday he was defending former New England Patriot standout Aaron Hernandez in his upcoming double-murder trial.
Baez, best known for his defense of Casey Anthony, said he realized Hernandez was the subject of much speculation in the court of public opinion — after being indicted in three homicides — but asked the public to keep an open mind “and let the facts unfold in a court of law.”
Of course we all know Jose Baez as the Florida defense attorney who gained fame during the Casey Anthony murder trial in 2011 where a just of fools inexplicably found the tot mom “not guilty as sin” of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. So what else would Hernandez have to lose than hiring Baez, he already got one murderer off Scott free. Hmm, better be careful Aaron, just how do you plan on paying for Jose’s services?
People have speculated why Baez would take such a case. Are you joking? Baez will get all the face time in the world as he has attached himself to a high profile case and there really is no expectation that he will win.
Former New England Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez Indicted on Two Counts of First Degree Murder in 2012 Drive-By Killing of Two Men in Boston, MA
MORE TROUBLE FOR FORMER NFL STAR AARON HERNANDEZ …
Former New England Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez was indicted Thursday on two counts of first degree murder for the 2012 drive-by shootings of two men in Boston, Massachusetts. Hernandez was also indicted on three counts of armed assault with intent to murder and an additional count of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. Hernandez is alleged to be the shooter in the July 16, 2012 drive-by murder of Daniel Abreu and Safiro Furtado. Aaron Hernandez is currently residing in the crowbar hotel awaiting his trial for first-degree murder charges in the shooting death of Odin Lloyd, whose body was discovered June 2013 in an industrial park near Hernandez’s mansion. Following the death of Lloyd and Hernandez’s involvement, he then became under suspicion of for involvement in the unsolved 2012 double murder.
From NFL star to now potential triple murderer … UNREAL.
Former NFL star Aaron Hernandez has been indicted in the July 2012 killings of two Boston men, allegations that come a year after what had been a cold case investigation into the late-night drive-by shooting was revived — seemingly by chance — as investigators zeroed in on the former New England Patriot’s alleged involvement in another killing.
A grand jury indicted Hernandez on two counts of first-degree murder, three counts of armed assault with intent to murder and an additional count of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.
Now, prosecutors say the former NFL tight end was the shooter in the July 16, 2012, slayings of Daniel Abreu and Safiro Furtado, who were killed in a drive-by shooting after leaving a popular Boston nightclub.
“Mr. Abreu and Mr. Furtado were ambushed and executed as they drove home,” said Daniel Conley, the Suffolk County district attorney. The Boston Globe first reported the indictment Thursday.
The men, along with three others, were in a BMW at Herald and Shawmut streets when prosecutors say an SUV pulled up beside them and Hernandez opened fire with a Smith & Wesson .38 caliber pistol from the driver’s side. Surveillance video captured Hernandez’s SUV circling the block near the Cure Lounge on Tremont Street and passing the victims “at a slow rate of speed” before they got into their own car, according to court documents released earlier this year.
“Our investigation has not uncovered any evidence that these two groups were known to each other, but their chance encounter inside the club triggered a series of events that ended in the murders,” Conley told reporters at a news conference this morning. “For us, this case was never about Aaron Hernandez. This case was about two victims who were stalked, ambushed, and senselessly murdered on the streets of the city they called home … On the morning Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado were killed, they were described in media reports as being tied to a Cape Verdean gang based in Dorchester. Nothing could be further from the truth. Neither of them were involved in gangs, guns, or violent crime, and that characterization was unfair to their memory and their families. We have nothing but sympathy for them and their ordeals.”
Ex-New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez Indicted on First Degree Murder and Weapons Charges in Death of 27 Year Old Odin Lloyd (VIDEO)
Former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez was indicted today for the first degree murder of Odin Lloyd and weapons charges in a North Attleboro court house. Hernandez is expected to be arraigned on the charges in the coming weeks. Following today’s hearing, Hernandez defense attorney Michael Fee said that “there has been an incredible rush to judgment in this case” and said that he questioned whether prosecutors had enough evidence to prove that Hernandez shot and killed Odin Lloyd.
Afterward, Michael Fee, one of his attorneys, asserted that “there has been an incredible rush to judgment in this case” and said that he questioned whether prosecutors had enough evidence to prove that Hernandez shot and killed Lloyd, 27.
“On the evidence that we’re aware of today, we don’t believe it’s possible for the commonwealth to meet its burden,” Fee said outside the squad red brick courthouse.
Former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was indicted Thursday on first-degree murder and weapons charges in the death of a friend whose bullet-riddled body was found in an industrial park about a mile from the ex-player’s home.
The six-count grand jury indictment charges Hernandez with killing 27-year-old Odin Lloyd, a semi-professional football player from Boston who was dating the sister of Hernandez’s girlfriend.
Hernandez, 23, pleaded not guilty to murder and weapons charges in June, and he is being held without bail.
He had a brief court appearance in Attleboro on Thursday afternoon. Afterward, his attorney Michael Fee said the defense was pleased to be on a path to a jury trial and was looking forward to testing the prosecution’s evidence.
If this indictment is not bad enough, Hernandez is also the subject of two other ongoing investigations, one into a double murder in Boston in 2012 and one in Florida in which a man has alleged that he was shot by the former player in February.
- Following the arrest of Aaron Hernandez on murder charges, the NFL is going to check gang related tattoos
Former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez Denied Bail Agian and Now Under Suspicion for Involvement in Unsolved 2012 Double Murder in Boston
You can take the the boy out of the hood, but can you take the hood out of the boy?
Bail denied again. Bristol County Assistant District Attorney Bill McCauley denied Aaron Hernandez’s request for bail Thursday, one day after the former New England Patriots tight end was charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of a friend Odin L. Lloyd. Hernandez’s defense attorney James Sultan argued that his client is not a risk to flee as he had a fiance and child and that the case against him is circumstantial. However, the judge said that the evidence against Hernandez is “overwhelming” and bail was denied.
But it gets worse, if possible.
Could it get any worse for one time star New England Patriot tight end Aaron Hernandez? The fallen NFL football star has already been charged with the first degree murder of 27-year-old Odin L. Lloyd. According to the Boston Herald, now police are looking into whetherHernandez was involved in an unsolved July 2012 drive-by killings of Safiro Furtado and Danny Abreu, both of Dorchester, MA.
Boston police said they are also probing a possible link to Hernandez in the unsolved July 2012 drive-by killings of Safiro Furtado and Danny Abreu, both of Dorchester. The two pals were leaving a Theatre District nightclub July 15, 2012, when they were ambushed and sprayed with gunfire from a gray or silver SUV with Rhode Island plates at the intersection of Shawmut Avenue and Herald Street.
Boston police were back at Hernandez’s North Attleboro home last night executing a new search linked to the double murder.
More from the Boston Globe on Hernandez’s possible involvement in a double murder.
The new revelations raised the disturbing prospect that Hernandez might have been playing football games last season with the Patriots after he had participated in a double murder.
Investigators believe a fight broke out at Cure, a club in the Theater District, between two men and a group that included Hernandez. Abreu and Furtado, friends who had grown up in Cape Verde, left the club with three other men in a BMW sedan in the early morning hours of July 16, 2012.
Abreu, who was driving, stopped at a traffic light on Shawmut Avenue, about to make a left onto Herald Street, when a silver or gray SUV with Rhode Island license plates pulled alongside the sedan. Someone from the SUV opened fire, killing Abreu, 29, and Furtado, 28.
The men who were with them survived the attack and the killings were left unsolved.