18 Apocalyptic Predictions Made During the Time of the First Earth Day in 1970 That Were Just Flat Out Wrong
WOW, COULD THE 1970′S GLOBAL ALARMISTS BEEN MORE WRONG?
Everyone who was old enough during the 1970′s remembers the constant predictions that there would be an ice age. There was gloom and doom of apocalyptic type catastrophes and that were were headed into an Ice Age. It is those same disingenuous people who now predict that man made global warming will be the end of times. Hey folks, can you people settle on your scientific lies? From the American Enterprise Institute comes the following 18 predictions made in the 1970′s around the time of the first Earth Day. Take a good look and see just how wrong these alarmists have been already. Now we are supposed to give their present day predictions any credence?
To watch these VIDEOS is just amazing. Interestingly enough, the media called Earth Day a failure.
EARTH DAY … A QUESTION OF SURVIVAL (Walter Cronkite)
How accurate were the predictions made around the time of the first Earth Day in 1970? The answer: “The prophets of doom were not simply wrong, but spectacularly wrong,” according to Bailey. Here are 18 examples of the spectacularly wrong predictions made around 1970 when the “green holy day” (aka Earth Day) started.
1. Harvard biologist George Wald estimated that “civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.” [Um, wouldn't this mean that the world would have ended between 1985 and 2000? If my calendar serves me correctly, isn't it 2015? As Maxwell Smart, Agent 86 would say, "missed it by that much".]
2. “We are in an environmental crisis which threatens the survival of this nation, and of the world as a suitable place of human habitation,” wrote Washington University biologist Barry Commoner in the Earth Day issue of the scholarly journal Environment. [Hmm, see prediction 1.]
3. The day after the first Earth Day, the New York Times editorial page warned, “Man must stop pollution and conserve his resources, not merely to enhance existence but to save the race from intolerable deterioration and possible extinction.” [The 1970's editorial folks might want to visit Beijing, China.]
4. “Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make,” Paul Ehrlich confidently declared in the April 1970 Mademoiselle. “The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years.” [Wow, some one really got this one wrong.]
5. “Most of the people who are going to die in the greatest cataclysm in the history of man have already been born,” wrote Paul Ehrlich in a 1969 essay titled “Eco-Catastrophe! “By… some experts feel that food shortages will have escalated the present level of world hunger and starvation into famines of unbelievable proportions. Other experts, more optimistic, think the ultimate food-population collision will not occur until the decade of the 1980s.” [Paul Ehrlich was on a stuck on stupid role in the 1970's with his predictions.]
6. Ehrlich sketched out his most alarmist scenario for the 1970 Earth Day issue of The Progressive, assuring readers that between 1980 and 1989, some 4 billion people, including 65 million Americans, would perish in the “Great Die-Off.” [Dude, the Great Die Off, really? The only thing that died between 1980 and 1989 was Paul Ehrlich's reputation and credibility.]
Earth Day 1970 Part 6: Boston … Boston Police break up protest at Logan Airport (CBS News with Walter Cronkite)
7. “It is already too late to avoid mass starvation,” declared Denis Hayes, the chief organizer for Earth Day, in the Spring 1970 issue of The Living Wilderness. [Good grief, even though his predictions were toal BS, this guy is still spouting his bovine scatology.]
8. Peter Gunter, a North Texas State University professor, wrote in 1970, “Demographers agree almost unanimously on the following grim timetable: by 1975 widespread famines will begin in India; these will spread by 1990 to include all of India, Pakistan, China and the Near East, Africa. By the year 2000, or conceivably sooner, South and Central America will exist under famine conditions….By the year 2000, thirty years from now, the entire world, with the exception of Western Europe, North America, and Australia, will be in famine.” [Wrong again, what was this fascination with famine? Or was it wishful thinking?]
9. In January 1970, Life reported, “Scientists have solid experimental and theoretical evidence to support…the following predictions: In a decade, urban dwellers will have to wear gas masks to survive air pollution…by 1985 air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half….” [OMG, ROTFLMAO]
10. Ecologist Kenneth Watt told Time that, “At the present rate of nitrogen buildup, it’s only a matter of time before light will be filtered out of the atmosphere and none of our land will be usable.” [Watt also predicted the world would run out of oil by the year 2000 and that humans would emit so much nitrogen light would actually be filtered out of the atmosphere. Where is my head shaking emoticon?]
Earth Day 1970 Part 11: White House Reaction (CBS News with Walter Cronkite) – What’s comical is that Pres. Nixon is the one who created the EPA
11. Barry Commoner predicted that decaying organic pollutants would use up all of the oxygen in America’s rivers, causing freshwater fish to suffocate. [These folks spread this BS and made a living out of doing so. UNREAL.]
12. Paul Ehrlich chimed in, predicting in his 1970 that “air pollution…is certainly going to take hundreds of thousands of lives in the next few years alone.” Ehrlich sketched a scenario in which 200,000 Americans would die in 1973 during “smog disasters” in New York and Los Angeles. [Oh no, its Paul Ehrlich again with another ridiculous claim of gloom and doom. This dude must have been a laugh-riot to be around]
13. Paul Ehrlich warned in the May 1970 issue of Audubon that DDT and other chlorinated hydrocarbons “may have substantially reduced the life expectancy of people born since 1945.” Ehrlich warned that Americans born since 1946…now had a life expectancy of only 49 years, and he predicted that if current patterns continued this expectancy would reach 42 years by 1980, when it might level out. [Damn, I hope this is not the case. Note to Ehrlich, the life expectancy in the United States as of 2012 is 78.74 years.]
14. Ecologist Kenneth Watt declared, “By the year 2000, if present trends continue, we will be using up crude oil at such a rate…that there won’t be any more crude oil. You’ll drive up to the pump and say, `Fill ‘er up, buddy,’ and he’ll say, `I am very sorry, there isn’t any.’” [Oh no, I better go fill up the Chevy. Oh wait, its 2015. My prediction, by the year 2000 Ecologist Kenneth Watt had zero street cred.]
15. Harrison Brown, a scientist at the National Academy of Sciences, published a chart in Scientific American that looked at metal reserves and estimated the humanity would totally run out of copper shortly after 2000. Lead, zinc, tin, gold, and silver would be gone before 1990. [I guess its good for him that he died in 1986 and wasn't around to see his bone-head wrong prediction.]
16. Sen. Gaylord Nelson wrote in Look that, “Dr. S. Dillon Ripley, secretary of the Smithsonian Institute, believes that in 25 years, somewhere between 75 and 80 percent of all the species of living animals will be extinct.” [His prediction should have been that 75-80 percent of the 1970 Earth Day predictions were extinct.]
17. In 1975, Paul Ehrlich predicted that “since more than nine-tenths of the original tropical rainforests will be removed in most areas within the next 30 years or so, it is expected that half of the organisms in these areas will vanish with it.” [Paul, Paul, Paul ... sometimes silence is golden, especially with your predictions].
18. Kenneth Watt warned about a pending Ice Age in a speech. “The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years,” he declared. “If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age.” [What would Al Gore say ... Al said that the Earth had a fever, not the chills. From an Ice Age to Global warming and we experienced neither.]
Hillary Clinton’s Scooby Van Clocked at 92 MPH in New Hampshire in a Driving Rainstorm on Interstate 89
LIKE SAMMY HAGAR, HILLARY CLINTON CAN’T DRIVE 55 …
Yup, she is one of us … first Hillary Clinton’s Scooby van is caught parking in a handicap spot in Iowa, now it is reported that the Mystery Machine was clocked at doing 92 mph in New Hampshire on Interstate 89 in a driving rainstorm as she was being rushed to meet
the little people one Granite state political big-wig to the next. REALLY? Having driven that highway hundreds of times and being pulled over by New Hampshire’s finest for going a much less speed, I think I might have to retroactively contest that ticket. I wonder if the Scooby van had its lights on in the inclement weather, that also would be a ticketable offense. Maybe for their next act the Scooby van will perform a hit and run.
Hmm, what happened to Hillary meeting and being the champion on the commoners?
- Motorcade raced from Keene to Claremont to Concord, obliterating speed limits as Hillary kept a tight schedule of off-the-books events
- Claremont party at the home of an aide to Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen included messaging about income inequality, despite Clinton’s own wealth
- Event was reportedly scheduled to test the waters for a Shaheen endorsement for Clinton
- Evening dinner party was at the sprawling home of the former New Hampshire state Senate president, Sylvia Larsen
Democratic Presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton’s security detail led a handful of journalists on two lengthy high-speed chases to homes of influential Democrats on Monday.
Her lone official appearance on her first day in New Hampshire was a carefully stage-managed small-business roundtable in Keene.
But a lunchtime visit to a main-street bakery and two more appointments later in the day were off-the-books and under the public’s radar.
If police radar had been engaged, however, it would have clocked Hillary’s signature black conversion van – ‘Scooby’, for the uninitiated – hitting 92 mph in a driving rainstorm on Interstate 89, where the top speed limit is 65.
After Clinton emerged from Whitney Brothers, a children’s furniture manufacturer, her black Chevy conversion van raced an hour north to the town of Claremont, hitting 73 in a 55 mph zone.
Another Liberal Hypocrite … Former SNL Cast Member & Actor Dan Aykroyd Says “America is Flat-Out Gun Crazy” … Coming from Someone Who Played a Hitman in Movies
Hmm, so it’s okay for Dan Aykroyd to own and fire a fire arm, but its those other people that should not be allowed to.
Why can’t liberal actors just shut up and act? No one really cares what their political or social opinions are. Being that Dan Aykroyd is from Canada, he probably needs to pretty much shut up when it comes to making comments that “America is Flat-Out Gun Crazy”. During an interview with the HUFFPO, Dan Aykroyd then offered some less-lethal alternatives to guns like taser, sound system that you can use to disable someone, high-frequency generators and nets that you can fire and it completely closes over the top part of the body. All I can say is …
Jane Dan, you ignorant slut. What’s the matter, you forgot about the use of unlicensed nuclear accelerators (VIDEO)? Seeing that Dan Aykroyd appears to be US Constitutionally challenged we will just remind him that The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”
In short he said, “America’s flat-out gun crazy. That’s it, man.”
While he quickly added that “of course, it’s guns in the wrong hands,” Aykroyd then offered some “less-lethal alternatives.”
“There’s a Taser, there’s a sound system that you can use to disable someone, there’s a high-frequency generator that you can use, there’s a net that you can fire and it completely closes over the top part of the body,” he said. “So why aren’t we looking into these alternatives?”
Aykroyd, who’s from Canada, said that in his country “at a certain point, you just let the guy go.” He added that “usually chases are called off once you get to 50 miles an hour up in a street there in Canada. You back off. You don’t chase them anymore.”
LIBERAL HYPOCRITE DOUBLE STANDARD …
Hmm, it would appear that Dan Aykroyd had no issue of participating and getting paid for being a hit man in the movie ‘Grosse Pointe Blank’ and partaking in thus “gun crazy” shooting scene. But of course, that’s different.
Outgoing Democrat Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Says of GOP Presidential Contenders, “I Think They’re all Losers.”
GOOD RIDDANCE HARRY REID …
Honestly, no one is going to miss this miserable man when he leaves the Senate. The Democrat Senate Minority Leader said in an interview with CNBC’s John Harwood that the candidates running for president are all losers. What a miserable individual. It is exactly this type of crotchety, mean spirited behavior that was evident during his run as Senate Majority leader. What ever happened to liberal tolerance? As Taylor Swift sings, “Why do you have to be so mean?”
The Republican field for president in 2016 is full of “losers,” Harry Reid said in an interview that aired Wednesday.
The Senate minority leader, a boxer in his youth, delivered some spirited blows while talking with CNBC’s John Harwood, calling his Republican counterpart Mitch McConnell “a lump of coal” and slamming alternative theories about how he sustained his eye injury.
Reid also said he doesn’t really care who wins the Republican nomination for president. “I think they’re all losers,” he said.
Hillary Clinton, in Her Own Words from Benghazi-gate to Dems Defending Obamacare to Flip-Flop on Gay Marriage to Poor Clinton’s to Foreign Policy Empathizing with One’s Enemies to Email Scandal
Hillary Clinton, in Her Own Words …
America, all you have to do is listen to what Hillary has done in the past to know what she will be like as a president. Hillary Clinton is synonymous with scandal, there is no getting around it, even if the Hillary anti-free speech police try and prevent people from speaking the truth. Hillary launched the worst kept secret of 2015 this weekend and officially announced her run for president in 2016.
We certainly know that she won’t be claiming she will have the most transparent administration ever. Then again, she claims to be for the common folk and that is not true either.
The VIDEO shows clips from just some of the recent Hillary scandals as well as her opinions on foreign policy:
- Democrats Defending Obamacare
- Flip-Flop on Gay Marriage
- Hillary crying Poor
- Empathizing with One’s Enemies – Really, we are supposed to empathize and respect terrorist groups like ISIS, al-Qaeda, Boko Haram and the rest?
- Email/Server Scandal – Hmm, even Richard Nixon didn’t destroy the tapes … remember what she said about GWB admin shredding docs?
Folks claims they want something new, if that is the case, how is Hillary Clinton even a consideration?
Hillary Clinton Officially Announces Her 2016 Presidential Run … Because Everyday Americans Need a Democrat Champion Who Makes Between $5.2 and $25.5 Million
HILLARY CLINTON OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCES THAT SHE IS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT IN 2016 …
How comical, today Hillary Clinton officially announced that she was running for president in 2016 claiming and that everyday Americans need a champion because the deck is still stacked in favor of those at the top. Um, you mean stacked in favor of people like you Hillary? Are you kidding me that an individual who makes $225,000 per speech is going to claim that she is one of the people and run a populist, REALLY? Who is the Democrat party kidding? Talk about your hypocrisy. So all you Democrats think Hillary Clinton is the champion of the middle class, eh? Drink some more Kool-aid. Sorry folks, but if Hillary was a Republican you would be calling her one of the out of touch and privileged one percenters.
‘I’m running for president,’ she says.
‘Everyday Americans need a champion, and I want to be that champion.’
That message is a daring one, given Clinton’s wealth. When she left the U.S. State Department in 2013, her financial disclosure report showed that her combined net worth with her husband was between $5.2 and $25.5 million. Millions more rolled in when she published her memoirs.
She famously claimed last year that she and former president Bill Clinton were ‘dead broke’ when they left the White House in 2001 – when they moved into a palatial home in a tree-lined New York City suburb.
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton ended the suspense on Sunday afternoon, announcing that she will seek the White House in 2016.
“I’m running for president,” said Clinton, a Democrat who would become the nation’s first female commander-in-chief, in a Web video.
“Americans have fought their way back from tough economic times, but the deck is still stacked in favor of those at the top,” she continued. “Everyday Americans need a champion, and I want to be that champion. You can do more than just get by. You can get ahead, and stay ahead. Because when families are strong, America is strong.”
Clinton said she is “hitting the road to earn your vote” and her first stops will be in Iowa, the state where she came in third in the caucuses in 2008. She’ll then head to New Hampshire and South Carolina.
Clinton plans to spend the next six to eight weeks in a “ramp up” phase, reaching out to voters in early voting states and building up grassroots support nationwide, her campaign said. In May, once supporters are organized and able to host watch parties, Clinton “will hold her first rally and deliver the speech to kick off her campaign.”
While Clinton was the center of attention on Sunday, her team made conscious efforts to put voters and key supporters first. The web video runs more than 90 seconds before Clinton makes her first appearance. The video was filmed across the country, including in Iowa and New Hampshire, and features a diverse mix of Americans, including a young mother, a college student, Spanish-speakers, and male and female same-sex couples.
Don’t let anyone kid you America, it’s always about the Clinton’s.
In striking contrast to her 2008 presidential bid, Clinton’s campaign took great effort to take the focus off her. In her two-minute announcement video, Clinton doesn’t even appear until the 1:35 mark.
Instead, the video captured messages central to her campaign by featuring regular Americans starting new phases of life: a mother going back to work after years spent raising her kids; a young woman applying for her first job after college; two Spanish-speaking brothers starting their own business together; two men getting married.
The announcement marks an end to the first, awkward phase of Clinton’s roll-out — a non-campaign that has frustrated Democrats who were anxious for her to turn the ignition switch on a presidential run that the party is deeply invested in.
Bloomberg Poll: Democrats & Independents Don’t Want a Hillary Clinton Coronation, Nor Do They Trust Her Email Story
A recent Bloomberg Political poll shows that both Independents and Democrats do not want a Hillary Clinton coronation, instead they want a challenging primary that will vet the Democrat candidate. According to Democrats and independents, 72% of both groups say her party would be best served by a robust primary where she faces a serious challenger for the nomination. This comes just days away from Hillary Clinton formally announcing that she is throwing her crown into the ring for a 2016 presidential run.
What, me lie?
If Hillary Clinton is to become her party’s 2016 presidential nominee, independents and even Democrats overwhelmingly want to see her earn the title, according to a Bloomberg Politics national poll that also shows increasing headwinds for her candidacy.
As Clinton prepared to formally announce her candidacy on Sunday, nearly three-quarters of Democrats and independents in the survey said it would be a good thing for the Democratic Party if she were to face a “serious” challenger for the nomination. Democrats and independents hold the same view, with 72 percent of both groups saying her party would be best served by a robust primary.
What be more damning and problematic for Hillary Clinton is that 53% of respondents stated that she purposely withheld and deleted emails when she was Secretary of State and conducted government business with a person email account and stored them on her own person server. Hillary Clinton would seem to have a trust issue, but sadly, many Democrats don’t seem to care. Even though 53% say she purposely withheld and deleted relevant emails, the same respondents in this poll gave Clinton a 48% net favorable, 44% net unfavorable rating. That can be described as nothing but pathetic and speaks more to the ethically challenged Democrats who would support someone even if they cant be trusted.
But as Hillary Clinton would say, What difference does it make that she is untrustworthy. Neither are her supports.
University of Michigan Cancels ‘American Sniper’ Screening … ‘Made Students Feel Unsafe’ (Update U-M football coach Jim Harbaugh To the Rescue, Movie Back On)
REALLY … Maybe the University of Michigan should change their name from the Wolverines to the “Weenies”.
AMERICA, DO YOU REALIZE YOU ARE BEING DESTROYED FROM WITHIN RIGHT? University of Michigan spokesman Rick Fitzgerald confirmed to The College Fix on Tuesday the movie, American Sniper” was cancelled because it made students feel unsafe. GOOD GRIEF!!! Instead, the University was going to show Paddington the Bear. What kind of gutless cowards exist on college campuses today that continually play the victim card? You people are going to do well in life, but then again, these are the same folks that live in your parents home until your 30. Hey Michigan, you might want to change your fight song to … Hail! to the
victors “victims” valiant. Hail! to the conqu’ring heroes “cowards”.
However, University of Michigan sophomore Jason Weaver still has the right to call himself a Wolverine as he said, “It would be nice to see the university … take a stand against outrageous claims of ‘student exclusion. The film American Sniper in no way creates student exclusion any more than Saving Private Ryan”. You would be 100% correct. But we can’t have anything on a college campus that would properly depict radical Muslims Islamists as Nazi’s.
What a sad state of affairs at our American Universities
University: ‘While our intent was to show a film, the impact of the content was harmful, and made students feel unsafe and unwelcome at our program’
A scheduled movie screening of “American Sniper” at the University of Michigan was abruptly cancelled Tuesday after nearly 300 students and others complained the film perpetuates “negative and misleading stereotypes” against Muslims.
“The movie American Sniper not only tolerates but promotes anti-Muslim … rhetoric and sympathizes with a mass killer,” according to an online letter circulated among the campus community via Google Docs that garnered the signatures.
The signers were mostly students, but also some staff, as well as the Muslim Students’ Association and the president of Students Allied for Freedom and Equality, a Palestinian solidarity group at UMich.
The online memo, titled a “collective letter from Middle Eastern and North African (MENA) and Muslim students on campus,” accused the public university of “tolerating dangerous anti-Muslim and anti-MENA propaganda” by showing the movie, the highest grossing film of 2014.
follows U.S. Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, who served four combat tours in Operation Iraqi Freedom and was awarded two Silver Stars, five Bronze Stars with Valor, two Navy and Marine Corp Achievement Medals, and one Navy and Marine Corps commendation, according to his official Facebook page. But the protestors see him differently.
As reported at the Washington Free Beacon, more than 300 students protested the decision to screen the film because it advanced “negative and misleading stereotypes” against Muslims. The online petition was started by a “Palestinian solidarity group” called the Students Allied for Freedom and Equality and the Muslim Students’ Association. And the university folded like a cheap suit. Um, “negative and misleading stereotypes” … the actions depicted in American Sniper are the truth. I am so sorry if Muslim students can’t handle the truth … what do you think that radical Muslim Islamists act like? So is it a misleading stereotype to depict radical Muslim as savage, beheading murders?
THAN YOU COACH HARBAUGH … FINALLY SOME GUTS COME TO ANN ARBOR, MICHIGAN!!!
For four months, Michigan football coach Jim Harbaugh’s Twitter feed has been a combination of entertainment, opponent tweaks and comments on his team.
Tonight, he walked into a university controversy.
On Tuesday, the university canceled a scheduled Friday night showing of the movie “American Sniper” due to pressure from Muslim and Arab students after a student-led petition drive challenged its depiction of anti-Arab and anti-Muslim sentiments.
After 9:30 p.m., Harbaugh weighed in, with a message to his 215,000 followers.
After a day filled with intense controversy, the University of Michigan reversed course late Wednesday night and decided to show the movie “American Sniper” at its originally scheduled time and place.
“It was a mistake to cancel the showing of the movie ‘American Sniper’ on campus as part of a social event for students,” the statement from E. Royster Harper, the vice president of student life, said. It was sent just after 10:45 p.m. to the media.
“The initial decision to cancel the movie was not consistent with the high value the University of Michigan places on freedom of expression and our respect for the right of students to make their own choices in such matters.
Some one has gone from a tingly feeling up his leg to very, very bitter …
MSNBC’s Chris Matthews loses it again as he went on a tirade for his pathetic network that no one watched, MSNBC, stop airing “Goddamn” right-wing ads. I guess Matthews only wants MSNBC to air only “Goddam” LEFT-wing ads. Matthews denouncing the troubled network for playing commercials paid for by “piggish” conservative groups. Hey Chris, you do realize how a network makes money, right … by commercial ad play? At this point MSNBC would take ad money from Conservatives like Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levine. MSNBC’s needs all the commercial dollars it can get to keep the lights on. But isn’r it great to see Chris Matthews lose it, makes my day.
MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts ended up under friendly fire on Tuesday when his colleague Chris Matthews launched into a tirade against his own network for airing “goddamn” ads by rightwing groups.
Matthews appeared irritable from the beginning of the segment on Robert’s afternoon show and brushed off small talk with his fellow host.
Matthews said that unlike the “piggish” elites of the Republican Party, average voters who send their children to war would not be interested in more hawkish foreign policy.
“Those people are not impressed by these goddamned ads,” Matthews said, scowling.
“I certainly wouldn’t put them on free, Tom. That’s what we should stop doing,” Matthews added in an apparent reference to the clip that had been played. “Stop running rightwing ads for free on our network.”
Hey Chris Matthews, how’s that far LEFT Obama foreign policy working with Russia, Syria, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yeman and the list goes on and on and on.
Liberal Democrat Rep. Rosa DeLauro to Give Tax Break for Voluntarily Turning in High-Powered Assault Rifles
What else would you expect from an idiot liberal Democrat … Libs continue their assault on the Second Amendment.
Liberal Connecticut Democrat Rep. Rosa DeLauro has introduced legislation that would pay gun owners with tax breaks for voluntarily turning in their assault rifles. What’s this, another cash for clunkers program? I can see it now, criminals handing over their old and out-dated assault rifles, getting tax payer dollars and going out and buying new and better assault weapons. Just another non-thought out, knew-jerk reaction by liberals to a terrible crime. DeLauro originally introduced the bill in 2013 following the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT in December 2012. The legislation failed, but it looks like she is bringing it back again. However, this bill would most likely just fund criminals with better weapons on the tax payer’s dime. Brilliant.
Rosa Delaura made the following comment, spoken like a typical liberal, who has never used a gun and has no respect for the Second Amendment, “Assault weapons are not about hunting, or even self-defense,” DeLauro said. “There is no reason on earth, other than to kill as many people as possible in as short a time as possible, that anyone needs a gun designed for a battlefield.”
Gun owners would receive tax breaks for voluntarily turning in high-powered assault rifles under new legislation proposed Monday.
The Support Assault Firearm Elimination and Education of our (SAFER) Streets Act expected to be reintroduced next week by Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.) would provide gun owners with an incentive to turn in their firearms to local police departments.
“Assault weapons are not about hunting, or even self-defense,” DeLauro said. “There is no reason on earth, other than to kill as many people as possible in as short a time as possible, that anyone needs a gun designed for a battlefield.”
Though DeLauro is in favor of stronger guns laws that would completely ban assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition, she emphasized this bill would not force gun owners to turn in their firearms.
The legislation would provide up to $2,000 in tax credits for gun owners who voluntarily hand over assault weapons to their local police departments.
Insatpundit has a better idea, pay welfare recipients $2000 to be sterilized instead and word the legislation identically like this cash for guns bill.