- Uproar over Nicki Minaj Nipple Slip on GMA. Just change the channel!
Daily Commentary – Friday, August 12, 2011 – Uproar over Nicki Minaj Nipple Slip on GMA: Download
Two Monkeys helping science in making inroads in brain-machine interface technology. The only problem, there should have been three. The technology is fascinating.
Two monkeys with tiny sensors in their brains have learned to control a mechanical arm with just their thoughts, using it to reach for and grab food and even to adjust for the size and stickiness of morsels when necessary, scientists reported on Wednesday.
The Dana Pretzer Show On Scared Monkeys Radio – Thursday, May 14, 2008 – Guests Include Susan Murphy Milano, Drew Kesse, Randy Tat, Tim Miller and Judy Cornett
This week Dana welcomes:
- Susan Murphy Milano, Author and Domestic Violence Expert
- Drew Kesse discussing the Jennifer Kesse / Tiffany Sessions Missing Persons Act
- Randy Tat, Los Angeles based artist and designer
- Tim Miller of Texas Equusearch discusses his upcoming trip to Aruba in search of Jose Manuel Vicenzo Tromp, missing since November 27, 2007
- Judy Cornett, victim’s advocate from Safety Zone Advocacy, Inc. Predator Patrol discussing a rally for Becca McEvoy
19 year old Miss Michigan, Kirsten Haglund, was crowned the 2008 Miss America. Thankfully, she was not asked any questions on regarding geography or why Americans cannot find the US on a world map as last years contestant from South Carolina was. Just three years ago, Kirsten Haglund was was battling an eating disorder and today she finds herself Miss America 2008.
LAS VEGAS — Miss Michigan Kirsten Haglund, a 19-year-old aspiring Broadway star, was crowned Miss America 2008 on Saturday in a live show billed as the unveiling of the 87-year-old pageant’s new, hipper look.
Haglund, of Farmington Hills, Mich., sang “Over the Rainbow” to clinch the title. She beat Miss Indiana Nicole Elizabeth Rash, the first runner up, and Miss Washington Elyse Umemoto, the second runner up for the $50,000 scholarship and year of travel that comes with the crown.
Haglund, a cheery, classic blond, wore a revealing silver sequined dress and black bikini during the evening gown and swimsuit portions of the pageant. As her platform issue, she promised to advocate for awareness of eating disorders, an illness from which she has recovered.
Army Sergeant Competes for Miss America Title: Jill Stevens, A.K.A. ‘GI Jane,’ Can Shoot a Rifle and Model a Swimsuit
Miss America’s image has taken a beating lately, but this year an unlikely hero may be coming to rescue of the beleaguered pageant: “GI Jill.”
Among the contestants who will parade their talents, poise and beauty before the judges tonight in Las Vegas is Miss Utah — Army Sgt. Jill Stevens, from Kaysville, Utah, who will trade in her cammies for haute couture.
Scared Monkeys.com gets its 10,000,000th visitor.
We would like to thank all that made it possible. We thank those that come to SM to read, listen, comment and take part in heated, yet hopefully respectful debate. No one wants to live in a vacuum. Even though the internet has become more and more polarized, respectful opinions are always welcome. However, as just a reminder … hate is not an opinion.
Since we first started blogging on Scared Monkeys in February 2005 we have covered an array of stories from politics to missing persons, illegal immigration to true crimes, from Terri Schiavo to Natalee Holloway and all things in between. There have been changes and innovations along the journey. We are most proud of the fact that there have also been many instances where people and families have been served by the actions of this site.
There is always a brand of humor on Scared Monkeys that occurs as well as its always important to remember laughter. Some times a point is best made through a picture or through sarcasm.
Thank you all … and now back to blogging.
Welcome back to the new look SCARED MONKEYS.com. More changes and improvements are still on the way. Scared Monkeys.net forums have also been updates as well. Stay tune for further changes this weekend.
We want to wish all the Father’s a great day. Here are a couple of quotes to share on this day honoring our Dad’s.
- Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope. —Bill Cosby
- “Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!” —Lydia M. Child
- By profession I am a soldier and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder – infinitely prouder – to be a father. A soldier destroys in order to build; the father only builds, never destroys. The one has the potentiality of death; the other embodies creation and life. And while the hordes of death are mighty, the battalions of life are mightier still. It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle field but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, ‘Our Father who art in Heaven”. — Douglas Macarthur
- It is much easier to become a father than to be one. — Kent Nerburn
- Sons have always a rebellious wish to be disillusioned by that which charmed their fathers. — Aldous Huxley
And my favorite Quote that should sit on the desk of every Dad out there…
- By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong. — Charles Wadworth
Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad’s out there.
This just in … Tim Miller and TES are going to Kansas at the request of the Search Director and law enforcement to help in the search for 18 year old Kelsey Smith. TES will be bring a team of 10+ members including water and air search capability. We have also learned that the parents of Jodi Sanderholm, the KS college teen who TES helped in her search will be joining to help in the search efforts as well.
Kelsey Smith was abducted according to police as captured on video surveillance.
For more on the story of missing Kelsey Smith and further updates go to Missing & Exploited.
Update: TES will be arriving tomorrow morning
Person of interest video
Texas EquuSearch Hogs & Horses, Mission for the Missing
Above left: Tim Miller & Cheryl Benskin – Above right: Cindy Wisdom, Courtney Zavala, Tim Miller
Courtney Zavala, Channel 2 News & Tim Miller
On Saturday May 19, 2007 Texas EquuSearch held its 3rd annual Hogs and Horses, “Mission For the Missing” Fund raiser. The event was a tremendous success raising an estimated $62,000. Scared Monkeys attended the event and will have numerous pictures to follow of the event and of the weekend in Texas with Tim Miller and TES. Listen to the Dana Pretzer, Scared Monkeys radio live broadcast at the event, HERE.
Thanks to Cheryl Benskin and all her hard working people who put it all together. A very special thank you to Courtney Zavala, Channel 2 News, for always wanting to be a part of helping TES and the families of missing persons. We were honored to have Dave Holloway as our special guest to join us in the festivities. Red from Scared Monkeys is always a pleasure to have around and we were so glad he could make it. You can catch some coverage and photos of the event on his website www.scaredmonkeys.com . (Texas Equusearch.org)
Scared Monkeys would like to thank Tim Miller, Dave Holloway, Cheryl Lawless, Cindy Wisdom, Cheryl Benskin, Gene Robinson and the numerous others in attendance that we talked to at the event. We would also like to thank the many well wishers who came up to us during the event and most importantly the generosity of so many that made the event such a great success. Your giving will provide for future searches for missing loved ones.
(Tim Miller, TES)
Why they call it “Hogs & Horses”