Oh Boy … Gang of Eight reach bipartisan deal on immigration reform.
The Gang of Eight, Sens. John McCain (AZ-R), Lindsey Graham (SC-R), Marco Rubio (FL-R) and Democrats Dick Durbin (IL-D), Chuck Schumer (NY-D), and Bob Menendez (NY-D), have reportedly reached a bipartisan outline of a deal that would overhaul immigration in the United States. One of the tenants of the immigration reform is to “create a tough but fair path to citizenship for unauthorized immigrants currently living in the United States that is contingent upon securing our borders and tracking whether legal immigrants have left the country when required.”
From the Politico:
A powerful group of senators from both parties has reached a deal on the outlines of a comprehensive immigration overhaul, a development that will drive an emotional debate on a hot-button issue unseen in Washington for more than half a decade.
The group unveiled the basics of its proposal at a Monday news conference on Capitol Hill, essentially laying down a marker on the issue one day before President Barack Obama heads to Las Vegas to unveil more details about his own immigration proposal.
According to a five-page document provided to POLITICO, the sweeping proposal — agreed to in principle by eight senators — would seek to overhaul the legal immigration system as well as create a pathway to citizenship for the nation’s roughly 11 million illegal immigrants. But establishing that pathway would depend on whether the U.S. first implements stricter border enforcement measures and new rules ensuring immigrants have left the country in compliance with their visas. Young people brought to the country as children illegally and seasonal agriculture industry workers would be given a faster path to citizenship.
So two RINO’s, a Cuban-American wannabe 2016 presidential candidate and three liberals have come together to pave the way for immigration reform. Who just got a queasy feeling in their stomach? Sorry, but immigration reforms begins at closing the border, PERIOD!!! Until this is done, there should be nothing and I mean nothing to pave the way for illegals to get US citizenship. The closing of the US border should be done for national security purposes, let alone keeping illegals out. We have seen these types of promises from the LEFT before under Ronald Reagan. He granted amnesty with the promise from the LEFT to later protect the borders and guess what, it never happened. I will believe this when I see it. If the GOP actually think they are going to receive the Hispanic vote for passing immigration reform they are sorely mistaken.
Benghazigate: GOP Senators Ayotte, McCain and Graham More Troubled After Their Meeting Ambassador Rice Than Before
Ayotte, McCain and Graham remain more disturbed and troubled …
US Senators Kelly Ayotte (NH-R), John McCain (AZ-R) and Lindsey Graham (SC-R) met with UN Ambassador Susan Rice on Capitol Hill to discuss her misleading statements that she to the American public as she went on five Sunday morning talk shows following the Banghazi, Libya attacks and blamed them on a video tape rather than terrorism. However, instead of getting answers to the many questions as to why Rice would have mislead the public days after the attack when it was known that the attacks were a result of terrorism, Senators Ayotte, McCain and Graham were more troubled and disturbed by the answers they received than they were prior to the meeting (VIDEO). Sen Graham stated, ”The bottom line is that I’m more disturbed than I was before … about how four Americans died in Benghazi, Libya.” Senator John McCain said on Fox that he would be “very hard-pressed” to support Ms. Rice for Sec. of State.
After meeting with U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice on Tuesday, three GOP lawmakers said their concerns have only grown about misleading statements Rice made concerning the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya that left Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans dead.
Rice’s meeting with Sens. John McCain, Lindsey Graham and Kelly Ayotte on Capitol Hill came as the White House signaled it may nominate Rice to replace Hillary Rodham Clinton as secretary of State.
VIDEO Hat Tip: The Gateway Pundit
“I’m more troubled today… It’s certainly clear from the beginning that we knew that those with ties to Al-Qaeda were involved in the attack on the embassy. And, clearly the impression that was given, the information given to the American people was wrong and in fact Ambassador Rice said today that Absolutely it was wrong… They have not cleared this up with the American people to date.”
Sen. Lindsey Graham voices his disapproval after meeting with Ambassador Rice
I’m more disturbed now than I was before that the 16 September explanation of how four Americans died in Benghazi, Libya by Ambassador Rice. If anybody had been looking at the threats coming out of Benghazi, Libya, it [would] jump out at you this was [an] Al-Qaeda storm in the making. I’m very disappointed in our intelligence community, they failed in many ways, but with a little bit of inquiry and curiosity I think it would be pretty clear that to explain this episode as related to a video that created a mob that turned into a riot was far afield.”
As reported at the Politico, UN Ambassador Rice stressed in a Tuesday statement that she did not intend to mislead the public about the September 11th attacks on the Benghazi consulate. BULL!!! Sorry, but with the information that was at hand and the fact that were know, one can draw no conclusion but her intention was to misinform the American public. The interviews that Rice went on happened days after the attack, she would have known and it is unconscionable that she would not have reviewed the classified information herself rather than just parroting the Obama company talking points.
So this is how the Obama administration is going to deal with a lie about the Benghazi cover up … with another lie?
America, do you care that four Americans were murdered by terrorists, a presidency has attempted to cover up what occurred and no one has been held accountable?
2014 US Senate …
It is not too early to take a look to see what US Senaotrs are up for reelection in 2014. The GOP has managed to royally screw up the take over of seats in 2012 as they literally gave away the Senate races in Indiana and Missouri. Let this be a valuable learning lesson for Republicans and their choices for solid candidates. The GOP does not need moderate, wishy-washy candidates; however, they also do not need walking nightmares the likes of Murdoch and Akin who snatched defeat from a sure win by not being able to explain their positions. A note to GOP candidates in the future, if you feel the need to say that God is for rape … shut your trap. All GOP candidates must realize the MSM is not on your side and will spin your words to make them sound even worse than they are. So if you cannot intelligently present your ideas and beliefs to the people, you need not run.
The mere numbers of states that need to be defended tell us that Democrats once again have to do the heavy lifting to defend their turf. Democrats have far more seats up for election than the GOP and most Republican seats appear to be safe. However, we have seen this story before. Republicans best get their act in gear and come up with far better candidates than 2012.
Democrat Senators up for reelection:
- Warner, Mark R. – (D – VA) – Seems safe as VA has trended Democrat, but would it in an off year election?
- Coons, Christopher A. – (D – DE) – Safe
- Durbin, Richard J. – (D – IL) – Safe
- Franken, Al – (D – MN) – Could be vulnerable, Franken won in a close, questionable election in the wave election of 2008.
- Hagan, Kay R. – (D – NC) – North Carolina is one of the few battleground states that went to Romney in 2012, could be a vulnerable seat in 2014 for Democrats.
- Harkin, Tom – (D – IA) – Safe
- Johnson, Tim – (D – SD) – Safe unless he decides to retire.
- Kerry, John F. – (D – MA) – It has been rumored that Kerry may be Obama’s next Secretary of State in his 2nd term. If this occurs there will be a special election for this seat prior to the full election.
- Landrieu, Mary L. – (D – LA) – Louisiana is a red state; however, the Landrieu name is an institution in the Byou.
- Lautenberg, Frank R. – (D – NJ) – It is hard to believe that Lautenberg will run for reelection as he will be 90 years old in 2014. If he does decide to run its just another case for the Senate having term limits.
- Levin, Carl – (D – MI) – Safe
- Merkley, Jeff – (D – OR) – Safe
- Pryor, Mark L. – (D – AR) – Would the red state of Arkansas want to switch to a GOP Senator? It all depends on how good a candidate they run.
- Reed, Jack – (D – RI) – Safe
- Rockefeller, John D., IV – (D – WV) – Safe if he runs, he will be 77 but that seems to be a spring chicken these days in the Senate.
- Shaheen, Jeanne – (D – NH) – one never knows in a swing state in an off-year election.
- Udall, Mark – (D – CO) – Another swing state that has trended Democrat, but who knows in an off year election of a 2nd term president.
- Udall, Tom – (D – NM) – The state has trended Democrat, most likely safe.
- Baucus, Max – (D – MT) – hard to believe that such a red state has a Democrat Senator.
- Begich, Mark – (D – AK) – could be a targeted seat as Begich was elected during the wave election of 2008. No reason why Alaska has a Democrat Senator.
Republican Senators up for reelection:
- Johanns, Mike – (R – NE) – Safe
- Chambliss, Saxby – (R – GA) – Safe
- Cochran, Thad – (R – MS) – Safe
- Collins, Susan M. – (R – ME) – Safe if she does not retire
- Cornyn, John – (R – TX) – Safe
- Enzi, Michael B. – (R – WY) – Safe
- Graham, Lindsey – (R – SC) – Safe, unless the GOP pulls another 2012 Indiana Senate race debacle.
- Inhofe, James M. – (R – OK) – Safe
- Sessions, Jeff – (R – AL) – Safe
- Roberts, Pat – (R – KS) – Safe
- McConnell, Mitch – (R – KY) – Safe
- Risch, James E. – (R – ID) – Safe
- Alexander, Lamar – (R – TN) – Safe, however, would not be surprised if he is seriously challenged in the primaries.
RINO US Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) States Republicans “made some pretty poor choices” in choosing their Senate candidates this fall
Actual Lindsey Graham, you’re a pretty poor excuse for a Republican Senator …
From The Hill, Lindsey Graham, the US Senator from South Carolina stated that Republicans “made some pretty poor choices” in choosing their Senate candidates this fall. Oh really, you RINO? I hope the senator from SC does not think that he is the future of the GOP. It is poor GOP examples like Graham that got the Republican in trouble with voters in the first place. WE THE PEOPLE do not want Democrat light out of Republicans, we want Republicans that will adhere to GOP principles.
Just a note to Lindsey, it was the Tea Party enthusiasm that lead to Republican wins in the US House, Senate, Governorships and state legislatures. I hardly think you want to be bad mouthing them, especially being from the Palmetto state.
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said that Republicans “made some pretty poor choices” in choosing their Senate candidates this fall.