WHAT A SHOCK … A LIB BUSINESS LIKE STARBUCKS MINIMIZING CHRISTMAS.
Starbucks Holiday cups have some folks seeing RED. It would appear that Starbucks has decided to take the Christmas out of their holiday cups this year. Instead of a secular Christmas theme on their cups like ornaments or snowflakes, they have decided to go with just red. Maybe they are looking to save money as they can use the same cups for Valentine’s Day. Enough of the excuses from Starbucks about how they are inclusive and serve customers from all walks of live and religions because that never stopped them in the past to having some sort of Christmas holiday decoration on their cups. Was it just this year that they decided to only serve those folks?
The Evolution of the Starbucks cup … Is anyone else noticing a change?
The sight of red cups being handed out at Starbucks usually signifies the “most wonderful time of the year” is underway, but this year’s holiday season at Starbucks is already being marred by a red cup controversy.
While red cups of Starbucks past have featured holiday symbols like reindeer and ornaments, this year’s cup is plain.
When the cup was unveiled earlier this month, the coffee chain described it as having a, “two-toned ombré design, with a bright poppy color on top that shades into a darker cranberry below.”
“Starbucks has become a place of sanctuary during the holidays,” Jeffrey Fields, Starbucks vice president of design and content, said in a news release announcing the cup. “We’re embracing the simplicity and the quietness of it. It’s a more open way to usher in the holiday.”
Ever since the 2015 cup was released in U.S. and Canada stores Nov. 1, Starbucks customers have taken to the Internet to say they do not like the cup’s “purity of design,” as Fields called it.
So if you have a problem with this you can do two things. One, do as former pastor Joshua Feuerstein did when he ordered his coffee and told the baristas that his name was “Merry Christmas” and thus making Starbucks write Merry Christmas on their cup. Or you could just not go to Starbucks and save yourself $5 for a coffee.
18 Apocalyptic Predictions Made During the Time of the First Earth Day in 1970 That Were Just Flat Out Wrong
WOW, COULD THE 1970′S GLOBAL ALARMISTS BEEN MORE WRONG?
Everyone who was old enough during the 1970′s remembers the constant predictions that there would be an ice age. There was gloom and doom of apocalyptic type catastrophes and that were were headed into an Ice Age. It is those same disingenuous people who now predict that man made global warming will be the end of times. Hey folks, can you people settle on your scientific lies? From the American Enterprise Institute comes the following 18 predictions made in the 1970′s around the time of the first Earth Day. Take a good look and see just how wrong these alarmists have been already. Now we are supposed to give their present day predictions any credence?
To watch these VIDEOS is just amazing. Interestingly enough, the media called Earth Day a failure.
EARTH DAY … A QUESTION OF SURVIVAL (Walter Cronkite)
How accurate were the predictions made around the time of the first Earth Day in 1970? The answer: “The prophets of doom were not simply wrong, but spectacularly wrong,” according to Bailey. Here are 18 examples of the spectacularly wrong predictions made around 1970 when the “green holy day” (aka Earth Day) started.
1. Harvard biologist George Wald estimated that “civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.” [Um, wouldn't this mean that the world would have ended between 1985 and 2000? If my calendar serves me correctly, isn't it 2015? As Maxwell Smart, Agent 86 would say, "missed it by that much".]
2. “We are in an environmental crisis which threatens the survival of this nation, and of the world as a suitable place of human habitation,” wrote Washington University biologist Barry Commoner in the Earth Day issue of the scholarly journal Environment. [Hmm, see prediction 1.]
3. The day after the first Earth Day, the New York Times editorial page warned, “Man must stop pollution and conserve his resources, not merely to enhance existence but to save the race from intolerable deterioration and possible extinction.” [The 1970's editorial folks might want to visit Beijing, China.]
4. “Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make,” Paul Ehrlich confidently declared in the April 1970 Mademoiselle. “The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years.” [Wow, some one really got this one wrong.]
5. “Most of the people who are going to die in the greatest cataclysm in the history of man have already been born,” wrote Paul Ehrlich in a 1969 essay titled “Eco-Catastrophe! “By… some experts feel that food shortages will have escalated the present level of world hunger and starvation into famines of unbelievable proportions. Other experts, more optimistic, think the ultimate food-population collision will not occur until the decade of the 1980s.” [Paul Ehrlich was on a stuck on stupid role in the 1970's with his predictions.]
6. Ehrlich sketched out his most alarmist scenario for the 1970 Earth Day issue of The Progressive, assuring readers that between 1980 and 1989, some 4 billion people, including 65 million Americans, would perish in the “Great Die-Off.” [Dude, the Great Die Off, really? The only thing that died between 1980 and 1989 was Paul Ehrlich's reputation and credibility.]
Earth Day 1970 Part 6: Boston … Boston Police break up protest at Logan Airport (CBS News with Walter Cronkite)
7. “It is already too late to avoid mass starvation,” declared Denis Hayes, the chief organizer for Earth Day, in the Spring 1970 issue of The Living Wilderness. [Good grief, even though his predictions were toal BS, this guy is still spouting his bovine scatology.]
8. Peter Gunter, a North Texas State University professor, wrote in 1970, “Demographers agree almost unanimously on the following grim timetable: by 1975 widespread famines will begin in India; these will spread by 1990 to include all of India, Pakistan, China and the Near East, Africa. By the year 2000, or conceivably sooner, South and Central America will exist under famine conditions….By the year 2000, thirty years from now, the entire world, with the exception of Western Europe, North America, and Australia, will be in famine.” [Wrong again, what was this fascination with famine? Or was it wishful thinking?]
9. In January 1970, Life reported, “Scientists have solid experimental and theoretical evidence to support…the following predictions: In a decade, urban dwellers will have to wear gas masks to survive air pollution…by 1985 air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half….” [OMG, ROTFLMAO]
10. Ecologist Kenneth Watt told Time that, “At the present rate of nitrogen buildup, it’s only a matter of time before light will be filtered out of the atmosphere and none of our land will be usable.” [Watt also predicted the world would run out of oil by the year 2000 and that humans would emit so much nitrogen light would actually be filtered out of the atmosphere. Where is my head shaking emoticon?]
Earth Day 1970 Part 11: White House Reaction (CBS News with Walter Cronkite) – What’s comical is that Pres. Nixon is the one who created the EPA
11. Barry Commoner predicted that decaying organic pollutants would use up all of the oxygen in America’s rivers, causing freshwater fish to suffocate. [These folks spread this BS and made a living out of doing so. UNREAL.]
12. Paul Ehrlich chimed in, predicting in his 1970 that “air pollution…is certainly going to take hundreds of thousands of lives in the next few years alone.” Ehrlich sketched a scenario in which 200,000 Americans would die in 1973 during “smog disasters” in New York and Los Angeles. [Oh no, its Paul Ehrlich again with another ridiculous claim of gloom and doom. This dude must have been a laugh-riot to be around]
13. Paul Ehrlich warned in the May 1970 issue of Audubon that DDT and other chlorinated hydrocarbons “may have substantially reduced the life expectancy of people born since 1945.” Ehrlich warned that Americans born since 1946…now had a life expectancy of only 49 years, and he predicted that if current patterns continued this expectancy would reach 42 years by 1980, when it might level out. [Damn, I hope this is not the case. Note to Ehrlich, the life expectancy in the United States as of 2012 is 78.74 years.]
14. Ecologist Kenneth Watt declared, “By the year 2000, if present trends continue, we will be using up crude oil at such a rate…that there won’t be any more crude oil. You’ll drive up to the pump and say, `Fill ‘er up, buddy,’ and he’ll say, `I am very sorry, there isn’t any.’” [Oh no, I better go fill up the Chevy. Oh wait, its 2015. My prediction, by the year 2000 Ecologist Kenneth Watt had zero street cred.]
15. Harrison Brown, a scientist at the National Academy of Sciences, published a chart in Scientific American that looked at metal reserves and estimated the humanity would totally run out of copper shortly after 2000. Lead, zinc, tin, gold, and silver would be gone before 1990. [I guess its good for him that he died in 1986 and wasn't around to see his bone-head wrong prediction.]
16. Sen. Gaylord Nelson wrote in Look that, “Dr. S. Dillon Ripley, secretary of the Smithsonian Institute, believes that in 25 years, somewhere between 75 and 80 percent of all the species of living animals will be extinct.” [His prediction should have been that 75-80 percent of the 1970 Earth Day predictions were extinct.]
17. In 1975, Paul Ehrlich predicted that “since more than nine-tenths of the original tropical rainforests will be removed in most areas within the next 30 years or so, it is expected that half of the organisms in these areas will vanish with it.” [Paul, Paul, Paul ... sometimes silence is golden, especially with your predictions].
18. Kenneth Watt warned about a pending Ice Age in a speech. “The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years,” he declared. “If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age.” [What would Al Gore say ... Al said that the Earth had a fever, not the chills. From an Ice Age to Global warming and we experienced neither.]
First Lady Michelle Obama Scrapping Plans to Deliver a High School Graduation Speech in Topeka, KS After 1,750 Signed Protest Petition
Michelle Obama scraps graduation speech after 1000′s sign protest petition … Its not about you!
More than 1750 people signed a protest petition against First Lady Michelle Obama speaking at a high school graduation in Topeka, Kansas. Instead she will make a speech a day before graduation on Senior Recognition Day as part of a commemoration of the 60th anniversary of the Brown v. Board of Education ruling. Granted, some probably signed the petition because they could care less what Michelle Obama has to tell their graduating teens; however, the major did so as the Topeka Capital Journal reports, graduating seniors from Topeka Unified School District 501 would have only been allotted up to six tickets apiece for friends and relatives to attend. The general angst from parents and students alike, the day that should center on the graduating students and their loved ones, not Michelle Obama’s speech and the limited seating due to having a first lady speak and secret service concerns.
Graduating students take back their day from Queen Obama
First lady Michelle Obama is scrapping her plans to deliver a graduation speech for high school seniors in Topeka, Kan., after hundreds signed a petition in protest.
Instead of delivering a graduation speech, Obama will speak before the school district the day before graduation, and will deliver remarks at a “Senior Recognition Day.”
More than 1,750 people had signed a petition protesting the first lady’s appearance at the graduation ceremony, angered that security concerns would limit the number of friends and family who could attend.
According to the Topeka Capital-Journal, students would have only been allotted six tickets apiece had the first lady maintained her original plans.
Feel Good Story of the Day … See the coward vermin turn tail and run …
Not even the police could protect the vile Westboro Baptist cult members protesting in Moore, OK, the site of a terrible tornado that killed many, including school children. The Westboro Baptist moonbats contend that God sent that tornado as retribution against Moore. UNREAL. The Westboro cult had a permit to picket for half an hour; however, outraged and sickened Moore residents put an end to that in short notice. The hideous protest lasted a mere eight minutes when several people took matters into their own hands and confronted evil with their own freedom of speech.
This is what happens when ‘We the People” stand up and take back their country. America, learn from it!
Hundreds of Moore residents lined Broadway across from Central Junior High Sunday afternoon.
They were ready and waiting for members of the notorious Westboro Baptist Church.
Members of that church have long contended that God hates homosexuality and America’s tolerance of homosexuality.
They also claim that he sends disasters as punishment.
Church members had a permit to picket in front of the school, which has been housing Plaza Towers Elementary students since last year’s deadly tornado.
According to the Westboro website, they contend that God sent that tornado as retribution against Moore.
Amanda Eccles said, “It’s just sickening. You know, it’s just innocent kids that lost lives and it’s sickening for them to even think that way.”
KOCO: Counter protesters push Westboro Baptist Church members out of Moore.
This Video Speaks Volumes of the Members who Follow the Westboro Baptist Church … Hate Does Not Know How to React to Kindness
Battling hate with kindness …
How does one battle and confuse those that are so filled with hate, why with kindness of course. As Members of the Westboro Baptist Church were protesting with their anti-gay, anti-solider signs, outside the Midland Theater in Kansas City, MO of the pop singer Lorde’s concert, an interesting things happened … the counter protest was with kindness, not more hate. Earlier this week, pastor and founder of the WBC Fred Phelps died from natural causes.
“We realized that it wasn’t so much about antagonizing them,” she said, “but sending out the countered safe that we are here for people who need that message and need that positivity.”
Pic – Screen grab via KSHB-TV video below
However, the message of kindness was lost on some of the clueless members of the WBC. Steve Drain, a long time Westboro Baptists Church member said in response to the sign, “I don’t even know what they mean by what they are saying.” Really? I guess when one is so consumed with ignorant hate, one has no place for compassion. Doesn’t this speak volumes of the evil message that these people have been brainwashed with.
- That media whore is a waste of the airwaves, let’s boycott him!
Snarf’s Sub Shop in Chicago That Was Target of Union Thugs Demanding $15 an Hour Shuts Down & Fires Its Employees Via Email Just Days Before Christmas
Question to the ‘Fight for 15′ crowd … which is better $9.50 an hour or $0.00?
Snarf’s Sub Shop in Chicago has closed it’s doors and fired all of their staff just days before Christmas via email. Snarf’s was the target of the SEIU and was closed for four days, from December 5 until December 8, as employees went on striking demanding $15 an hour and better benefits. Now they are all out of work just before the holidays. From the files of, don’t ask for things they might just come true. So hows that strike and forcing your employer to shut down working out for you now?
You want to be paid $15/hr to make a sandwich, are you kidding?
Wonder how the guy with the FF15 Victory … Snarf’s Shut Down sign feels about now?
A Chicago sandwich shop has fired all of its 20 staff over email just two days before Christmas.
Staff at Snarf’s Sub Shop in River North received the bad news on Sunday night in a group email notifying them that the drastic action was effective immediately.
The company blamed ‘increased competition and losses’ for the firings.
Director of operations Doug Besant said in the email the restaurant will likely close for a month as they remodel and reconcept the business into a burger joint.
But the move comes less than a month after Snarf’s workers rallied for higher wages.
The email, obtained by ChicagoGrid.com, read: ‘Due to increased competition and losses, ownership has decided to consider remodeling and reconcepting the store at 600 West Chicago Ave.
The sandwich shop claims that the firings were not a retaliation for their strike. So what if they were? Chicago fast-food, retail workers join in nationwide protest over wages. Honestly, if my business was hanging on by a thread and individuals picketed by business forcing me to shut down for days, they all would have been fired then. Sorry, making sandwiches is not a $15 a hr. job. Hmm, Chicago is a union town eh, so was Detroit, how are they doing these days?
Clustered around a giant, bright green “Grinch,” the protesters — part of a “100-city strike wave”— are demanding a $15-an-hour wage and the right to form a union without retaliation.
“Chicago is a union town!” they chanted outside Snarf’s Sandwiches, 600 W. Chicago, one of several stops during a planned daylong demonstration in the city.
The group was expected to include workers from McDonald’s, Subway, CVS Pharmacy, Sears — among other companies.
CRACKER BARREL Reverses Decision to Pull Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson’s Merchandise After Getting Hammered by Calls, Tweets, Emails and Comments on Facebook … “We made a mistake, we listened to you, and we apologize.”
I love the smell of victory in the morning … it smells like Cracker Barrel
eating cooking crow, or is that Uncle Hershel’s breakfast?
WE THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKE AND CRACKER BARREL HAS REVERSED THEIR DECISION!!!
Cracker Barrel announced Sunday they have reversed a decision to remove select “Duck Dynasty” products of Phil Robertson’s from their restaurants after getting bombarded by DD’s loyal supporters. Don’t think you don’t have a voice America, because you do. In the end, Cracker Barrel knows damn well who butters their bread and it isn’t GLAAD. It was just Friday that Cracker Barrel had made the foolish, knee-jerk reaction to pull Phil Robertson’s merch. I guess they noticed all the negative comments on their Facebook page and a lack of folks ordering Uncle Hershel’s for breakfast.
KUDOS to all of you that expressed your opinion and told Cracker Barrel that they were hypocrites and you would voice your opinion with your wallets and purses. This PC crap will no longer be tolerated. It is about time the silent majority spoke up … let this only be the beginning.
As reported at Forbes, Oops, our bad … we made a mistake.
Cue a barrage of tweets, emails, and calls from Duck Dynasty fans to the powers that be at Cracker Barrel, not to mention threats of a boycott.
Now, a day later, the 625-outlet comfort food chain has capitulated and will resume selling Duck Dynasty products.
Reported Tonight on Phil Valentine Show 99.7 FM That Cracker Barrel Restaurants Pulling Phil Robertson’s Duck Dynasty Merchandise off Shelves … Cracker Barrel Makes It Official (UPDATE: Cracker Barrel Reverses Decision)
It was reported tonight on the Phil Valentine Radio Show, on Super Talk 99.7, WTN-FM, that Cracker Barrel restaurants in Alabama and Tennessee were pulling Phil Robertson merchandise off their shelves. According to accounts and eye witnesses that were at Cracker Barrels and had contacted them, the edict supposedly came from corporate. According to what was being reported, it was only merchandise with Phil’s likeness, not all ‘Duck Dynasty’ merch.
If this proves to be true that Cracker Barrel actually took it upon themselves to pull the merchandise, they are going to feel the wrath of their customers as it would appear they do not know who their customer truly is.
Rather interesting that the Duck Dynasty merchandise sells out at Walmart, yet Cracker Barrel takes a different approach.
Have received many text messages & emails of merchandise being pulled from many stores by individuals calling CB’s and actually going to them.
UPDATE I: Cracker Barrel finally makes it official, even though the cat was out of the bag and reported here at Scared Monkeys long before the $hit hit the fan and Cracker Barrel restaurants were being flooded with calls. It would appear that CB only believes in equal treatment of certain people. Let the BOYCOTT BEGIN …
UPDATE II: The story turns out to be true and guess who had it way before many of the big boys? Many tweets can be read at Twitchy.
UPDATE III: GLAAD thinks they got blow back and a backlash in response to their intolerant actions, Cracker Barrel is about to get whacked themselves for their PC nonsense and catering to the intolerant gay activist community.
I guess it is pretty obvious that Cracker Barrel has no idea who their customer is. Just a hint to the suits at Cracker Barrel … it ain’t GLAAD!!! Have you taken a look at your Facebook page comments. I am not sure if I saw any that said, good for you, we plan on eating there more. Looks like the Cracker Barrel crowd will stop eating Uncle Herschel’s Favorite and … EAT MOR CHICKEN.
Here are just a few of the Duck Dynasty and free speech comments from the CB Facebook:
- Jody Dixon After you are done removing the selected products, go ahead and remove a bunch of tables and chairs……you won’t be needing them any more.
- Lynette Boullion Dischler EAT AT CHICK-FIL A! THEY DID NOT BOW DOWN TO THE gaystapo!
- Randy Culp I’m offended by your removal of any Duck Commander products. I’ve given you my business for many years now but I’m not under any contract that requires me to continue. If you knuckle under to these groups that don’t stand for any of my values, I will never darken your door again. I’m fed up with 2% of the population controlling everything in our freakin’ country
- Tina Leigh Morris I will boycott Cracker Barrel until a full apology is offered for even getting involved!!! NONE if their merchandise is offensive!!! Cracker Barrel is just realizing they made A HUGE MISTAKE!!!
- Lynette Boullion Dischler The irony is glaad and a&e did not respect Phil Robertsons religious beliefs. You condone censorship. Please tell me on what planet could Duck Dynasty products offend ANYONE? Bobble Heads and Camo shirs? You knew of his beliefs when you made money off of them to begin with. YOU ARE HYPOCRITES
- Jamey Mills Was getting ready to spend 200.00 on gift cards for my employees but not now. I might add that I am offended that you removed some items so does that count for anything.
- Joann Andrews Well while you are evaluating this “Problem” I will be eating across the street….. I stand on the Bible, along with the Robertson family.. My freedom…
- Mark Owens Dear Cracker Barrel, you have grossly misjudged your consumer base. I support Duck Commander products in support of the Robertson’s, obviously your decision making is based on A&E’s position. I will no longer eat at CB’s if your gonna be biased and judge people for who they want to be and not by what a corporation or PC leftists want them to be!
UPDATE IV: To the Gateway Pundit, thanks for the link … Today, Jim Hofts and Missouri Patriots were holding Missouri politicians feet to the fire and demanding answers and apologies for their lies on Obamacare.
To my long-time bud .. Jim, GET WELL!!! God Bless You!!!
UPDATE V: Glad ABC could finally report on 12/23/13 that Cracker Barrel was pulling Phil Robertson Merchandise off their shelves.
UPDATE V: VICTORY ... CRACKER BARREL REVERSES DECISION AND PUTS ALL DUCK DYNASTY MERCH BACK ON THE SHELVES!!!
TEAR DOWN THAT COMMIE STATUE …
Hundreds of thousands of protesters in Ukraine took to the streets in another mass demonstration of anger against President Viktor F. Yanukovich’s decision to break off negotiations with the European Union. They toppled the statue of Communist leader Lenin in a symbolic demonstration and then took a sledgehammer to it.
Public protests thundered into a full-throttle civil uprising in Ukraine on Sunday, as hundreds of thousands of protesters answered President Viktor F. Yanukovich’s dismissiveness with their biggest rally so far, demanding that he and his government resign.
At the height of the unrest on Sunday night, a seething crowd toppled and smashed a statue of Lenin, the most prominent monument to the Communist leader in Kiev. The act was heavy with symbolism, underscoring the protesters’ rage at Russia over its role in the events that first prompted the protests: Mr. Yanukovich’s abrupt refusal to sign sweeping political and free-trade agreements with the European Union.
After an electrifying assembly in Independence Square in the center of Kiev, the main focus of the protests, the huge crowd surged across the capital, erecting barriers to block the streets around the presidential headquarters and pitching huge tents in strategic intersections. They were not challenged by the police, who have largely disengaged since their bloody crackdown on a group of protesters on Nov. 30 sharply increased outrage at the government.
Radio Free Europe was Live blogging the event.
Interestingly enough, as those in the Ukraine tear down the statue of Lenin, many think that US President Barack Obama is looking to erect it.