North Korea Fires Second Ballistic Missile over Japan

SOMETHING REALLY MUST BE DONE ABOUT KIM JONG UN AND NOW!

As reported at the BBC, North Korea has fired a second ballistic missile across Japan. The tensions in the region are at an all time high as the North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un has continuously made matters worse with his endless testing of ballistic missiles and hydrogen bombs. Kim Jong Un continues his defiance. Something needs to be done to stop this rogue dictator, and now. There have been no confirmed deaths.

korea_japan_missile

North Korea has fired a ballistic missile across Japan, creating new tension in the region after its nuclear bomb test less than two weeks ago.

The missile reached an altitude of about 770km (478 miles), travelling 3,700km before landing in the sea off Hokkaido, South Korea’s military says.

It flew higher and further than one fired over Japan late last month.

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said his country would “never tolerate” such “dangerous provocative action”.

South Korea responded within minutes by firing two ballistic missiles into the sea in a simulated strike on the North.

US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson also condemned the launch and the UN Security Council will meet later on Friday in New York at the request of the United States and Japan.

Posted September 15, 2017 by
Japan, North Korea, United States | one comment

7 US Navy Sailors missing After Destroyer, USS Fitzgerald, and Container Ship Collided Off the Coast of Japan

THE SEARCH CONTINUES FOR 7 MISSING US NAVY SAILORS …

Seven Navy sailors were missing and the captain and at least two others were injured after a U.S. destroyer, USS Fitzgerald, and a container ship collided off the coast of Japan before dawn Saturday. The captain of the USS Fitzgerald was among those injured during the collision of the warship with a 29,000 ton cargo vessel. The US Navy said that up to seven missing sailors could be trapped in the mangled wreck.

Seven Navy sailors were missing and the captain and at least two others were injured after a U.S. destroyer and a container ship collided off the coast of Japan before dawn Saturday, the U.S. Navy and Japanese coast guard reported.

Rescuers were searching for the seven sailors who were thought to have been thrown into the sea or possibly trapped inside damaged sections of the destroyer, said Japanese coast guard spokesman Yoshihito Nakamura. None of the crew of the container ship was reported injured.

Footage from the Japanese TV network NHK showed Navy crew members working to pump water from flooded sections of the mid-right side of the USS Fitzgerald. The Navy’s 7th Fleet said flooding was stabilized and sailors from the USS Dewey came aboard to assist in damage control.

The ship’s captain, Cmdr. Bryce Benson, was airlifted to the U.S. Naval Hospital in Yokosuka and was in stable condition, the 7th Fleet said in a statement. Two other crew suffered cuts and bruises and were evacuated, it said. It was unclear how many others may have been hurt.

CEO of Japanese SoftBank Says Company Invest $50 billion & 50,000 Jobs to US after Meeting with Donald Trump

TRUMP IS NOT EVEN BEEN SWORN IN AS PRESIDENT AND LOOK WHAT HE IS DOING FOR US ECONOMY

Yesterday it was announced that Masayoshi Son, the CEO of the Japanese telecom SoftBank, his company will invest $50 billion and bring 50,000 jobs to the United States after he met with President-elect Donald Trump.SoftBank is the second-largest telecom by market share in Japan after rival NTT. This is what happens when a business man is elected president. Any one think this deal would have happened had Hillary been elected? Donald Trump is already making America great again!

Masayoshi Son, the CEO of the Japanese telecom SoftBank, announced Tuesday that his company will invest $50 billion and bring 50,000 jobs to the US after he met with President-elect Donald Trump.

According to The Wall Street Journal, Son told reporters at Trump Tower that the investment would come from a $100 billion fund created in partnership with the Saudi Arabia sovereign-wealth fund and other investors.

SoftBank in October announced a $100 billion tech fund with the Saudis called the SoftBank Vision Fund. The fund had not detailed where it would invest.

Details about the jobs or what sort of businesses the fund would invest in were not announced. But Son showed reporters a PowerPoint slide signed by Son and Trump with the vague numbers.

Shortly after the meeting, Trump tweeted the details of the agreement and said the deal never would have been done “had we (Trump) not won the election.”

Video Released Online Showing the Beheading Death of Japanese Hostage Kenji Goto by ISIS Terrorists

ISIS savages behead a second Japanese hostage …

A video has been released online that shows 47 year old Kenji Goto being beheaded by an ISIS terrorist with a British accent. The latest beheading video comes less than a week after another Japanese hostage, Haruna Yukawa, was executed.  Japanese officials had been working with Jordan to secure the release of Goto and a Jordanian pilot, Moaz al-Kasasbeh, who was shot down over Syria in December; however, earlier on Saturday negotiations had become deadlocked.

ISIS_Goto beheading

The video comes less than a week after news of the beheading of another Japanese man, Haruna Yukawa.

Mr Goto, 47, is a well-known freelance journalist and film-maker who went to Syria in October, reportedly to try to secure Mr Yukawa’s release.

Japan said it was trying to authenticate the video.

The video, which bears the same symbols as previous IS videos, shows a militant with a British accent beheading Mr Goto.

Japanese government spokesman Yoshihide Suga said Japan was “outraged” by the video, adding that the cabinet was meeting to decide a response to it.

Rupert Wingfield-Hayes: “The Japanese PM has taken a very tough line”

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said Japan “would not give in to terrorism”.

He said Japan would work with the international community to bring those responsible for Kenji Goto’s apparent murder to justice.

Japan Times – Islamic State group purportedly releases Goto execution video:

The video — the authenticity of which cannot be confirmed by The Japan Times — shows a masked man speaking in British-accented English standing beside Goto kneeling down on the ground, wearing an orange jumpsuit.

“To the Japanese government. You, like your foolish allies in the satanic coalition, have yet to understand that we, by Allah’s grace, are a large Islamic caliphate with authority and power and an entire army thirsty for your blood,” the man said, brandishing a knife.

“Abe, because of your decision to take part in an unwinnable war, this knife will not only slaughter Kenji but will carry on and also cause carnage wherever your people are found. So let the nightmare for Japan begin.”

Then the man applied the knife to the throat of Goto and the video switched to a still image of what appears to be the beheaded body of Goto.

ISIS Threatens to Kill Two Japanese Hostages (Kenji Goto Jogo & Haruna Yukawa) Unless They Receive $200M (VIDEO)

ISIS THREATENS TO KILL MORE INNOCENT HOSTAGES …

The terrorist group ISIS has released an online video on Tuesday purporting to show two Japanese captives and threatening to kill the two hostages unless it received $200 million in ransom.  In the video, a black-clad figure, presumed to be Jihadi John, with a knife, standing over over the two kneeling men wearing orange clothing, demanding that the Japanese public have 72 hours to pressure their government to stop its “foolish” support for the U.S.-led coalition waging a military campaign against Islamic State.  The $200 million ransom is the same amount that Prime Minister Shinzo Abe pledged on January 17 in a visit to Cairo in non-military assistance for countries battling Islamic State.

CNN – ISIS threatens to kill 2 Japanese hostages unless Tokyo pays $200 million:

Two Japanese hostages, one demand from ISIS: Hand over $200 million, or else.

The else being that the pair will meet the same gruesome fate as other captives held by the terrorist group, others who were shown in ISIS videos kneeling in orange jumpsuits in front of masked, black-clad men — just like the Japanese hostages identified as Kenji Goto Jogo and Haruna Yukawa — shortly before being beheaded.

A masked man in the latest video gives the Japanese government a choice to pay $200 million — the same amount of money Prime Minister Shinzo Abe recently pledged for those “contending” with ISIS — to free the Japanese men. That deal holds for 72 hours, which would seem to mean sometime Friday since the video appeared on social media Tuesday.

ISIS Demands $200M In Ransom In Next 72 Hours For Japanese Hostages.

The video identifies the hostages, who are wearing orange jumpsuits, as Kenji Goto Jogo and Haruna Yukawa. The Japanese Foreign Ministry’s anti-terrorism section has seen the video and analysts were assessing it, a ministry official said. Japanese media identified the first man only a Kenji Goto.

In August, a Japanese citizen believed to be Yukawa, a private military company operator in his early 40s, was kidnapped in Syria after going there to train with militants, according to a post on a blog. Pictures on his Facebook page show him in Iraq and Syria in July. One video on his page showed him holding a Kalashnikov assault rifle with the caption: “Syria war in Aleppo 2014.”

Goto is a respected Japanese freelance journalist who went to report on Syria’s civil war last year and knew of Yukawa. “I’m in Syria for reporting,” he wrote in an email to an Associated Press journalist in October. “I hope I can convey the atmosphere from where I am and share it.”

Next Page →

Support Scared Monkeys! make a donation.

 
 
  • NEWS (breaking news alerts or news tips)
  • Red (comments)
  • Dugga (technical issues)
  • Dana (radio show comments)
  • Klaasend (blog and forum issues)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Close
E-mail It