I SUPPOSED THIS WAS THE NRA’S FAULT AS WELL …
A Utah teen has been arrested after a homemade explosive device was the item discovered in a backpack at Pine View High School. Authorities stated that if the device had detonated, it would have caused significant injury or death. It was also learned after serving a search warrant that the suspect had been researching information and expressing interest in ISIS and promoting the organization. And not a gun to be found, just a home made bomb.
This is an example of what happens when the police, school officials and SRO do the right thing.
(KUTV) — A juvenile was arrested Tuesday morning after a ‘potentially’ dangerous homemade device was found at Pine View High School on Monday.
The juvenile was interviewed as a person of interest, police say.
During the interview with investigators, the suspect admitted to taking the American flag down and replacing it with an ISIS flag at Hurricane High School
UPDATE: Police said a homemade explosive device was the item discovered in a backpack at Pine View High School Monday, that forced the evacuation of the school. Police said if the device had detonated, it would have caused significant injury or death. Police have a suspect in custody.
A warrant served at the home of a male juvenile, found materials consistent with the materials used to build the device. Police also said the suspect had been researching information and expressing interest in ISIS and promoting the organization.
The boy has not been identified but police said he was attending a class at Pine View.
The suspect was arrested and faces charges of manufacture, possession, sale, use or attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction. More charges may be pending, according to police.
It was determined that if the device had detonated, it would have caused significant injury or death.
Active Duty Hawaii Soldier, Ikaika Erik Kang, Arrested for Trying to Provide Material Support & Training to ISIS
Sgt. Ikaika Erik Kang Arrested in Hawaii, Pledging Material Support to ISIS …
34 year old Sgt. Ikaika Erik Kang, a decorated veteran of two deployments to the Middle East, was arrested by an FBI SWAT team at the Schofield Barracks in Honolulu, Hawaii for trying to provide material support and training to ISIS. According to the criminal complaint, Kang “attempted to provide material support to ISIS by providing both classified military documents, and other sensitive but unclassified military documents, to persons he believed would pass the documents to ISIS.” The FBI said that no classified materials actually ended up in the hands of the terrorist group. Kang swore an oath of loyalty to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi on Saturday, shortly before his arrest. After doing so, Kang allegedly told an undercover agent that he wanted to use his rifle to “kill a bunch of people.”
His father is shocked by the allegations and believes his son may be suffering from PTSD from his tours overseas. According to his military service record, Ikaika Kang was deployed to Iraq in 2010, and served in Afghanistan in 2014.
An active duty Hawaii soldier who was arrested for allegedly trying to provide material support and training to the Islamic State told an undercover federal agent Saturday that he wanted to kill “a bunch of people.
A criminal complaint alleges that Ikaika Erik Kang, 34, was arrested at his Waipahu apartment Saturday, shortly after pledging his loyalty to ISIS and making the threatening statement.
“A probable cause arrest was made in the interest of public safety,” Honolulu FBI Special Agent in Charge Paul D. Delacourt said Monday, after Kang’s first appearance in federal court.
He added, “We believe that Kang was a lone actor and was not associated with others who present a threat to Hawaii.”
Knife/Vehicle Attack at The Ohio State University … Many Injured, Somali-born Suspect Shot Dead … Looks Like Islamic Terrorism … Update: Suspect ID’d as Abdul Razak Ali Artan
LOOKS LIKE AN ISIS INSPIRED TERROR ATTACK AT OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY …
An active shooter alert issued at Ohio St. University … RUN, HIDE, FIGHT! Police are investigating a possible terror attack at The Ohio State University. A Somali-born Ohio State University student plowed his car into a group of pedestrians on campus and then got out and began stabbing people with a butcher knife Monday morning. The suspect was shot to death by a police officer before he could do more harm. Ohio State University police Chief Craig Stone said the assailant deliberately drove his small Honda over a curb outside an engineering classroom building and then began knifing people.
A Somali-born Ohio State University student plowed his car into a group of pedestrians on campus and then got out and began stabbing people with a butcher knife Monday before he was shot to death by a police officer. Police said they were investigating whether it was a terrorist attack.
Eleven people were hurt, one critically.
The attacker was identified as Abdul Razak Ali Artan. He was born in Somalia and was a legal permanent U.S. resident, according to a U.S. official who wasn’t authorized to discuss the case and spoke on the condition of anonymity. The FBI joined the investigation.
The details emerged after a morning of conflicting reports and confusion, created in part by a series of tweets from the university warning there was an “active shooter” on campus and students should “Run Hide Fight.” The warning was prompted by what turned out to be police gunfire.
Abdul Razak Ali Artan, 18, wrote on what appears to be his Facebook page that he had reached a “boiling point,” made a reference to “lone wolf attacks” and cited radical cleric Anwar al-Awlaki.”
America! Stop interfering with other countries, especially Muslim Ummah [community]. We are not weak. We are not weak, remember that,” the post said.
UPDATE II: What do we know about Abdul Razak Ali Artan.
Artan, a student at OSU, was shot dead by a police officer after he plowed his vehicle into a crowd of people on campus and then started hacking people with a butcher knife, OSU Police Chief Craig Stone said. Ten people suffered non-life-threatening injuries and were transported to hospitals.
Speaking to CNN on Monday, one witness claimed the attacker was “completely silent” as he stabbed innocent people. The witness said Artan remained silent, “even when he was shot.”
“This was done on purpose,” Stone said.
Artan reportedly left Somalia with his family as a refugee and relocated to Pakistan in 2007. He then came to the United States in 2014 as a legal permanent resident, according to officials.
Police had yet to identify a motive in the attack, but law enforcement officials told NBC News that Artan posted a “rant” on social media beforehand.
The @OSUPolice confirm Officer Alan Horujko shot and killed the suspect, Abdul Razak Ali Artan, Monday morning.
Officer Alan Horujko is being hailed as a hero after firing the shot that killed a man who hit a group of pedestrians with his car on OSU’s campus before stabbing at the victims with a knife.
The emergency dispatch center got a call of a vehicle hitting a pedestrian at 9:52 a.m. and Horujko was able to respond shortly after.
Horujko engaged the suspect, now being identified as 18-year-old Abdul Razak Ali Artan, shot and killed him.
4. Community thanks for his quick reaction
Monica Moll said in a news conference that Horujko “did a fabulous job” in ending the threat quickly and effectively, according to a Tweet from Ohio State A&P.
The university’s Emergency Management department’s Facebook praised Horujko for his service, parents, students and other members of the community began speaking up.
Facebook user Meaghan Marie wrote in the comments of the post, “Thank you for your amazing service and quick response and stopping what could have been a much worse incident. Praying for all of the victims and those who still have to recover. You are an absolute hero!!”
Another user, Deb DeRossett Silvers commented: “My son is an OSU student who was close to the attack area. Thank you, so much, for the brave and heroic work you do and the quick action you took today. God bless.”
Suspect Ahmad Khan Rahami in the New York City & New Jersey bombings Arrested and Taken into Custody by Law Enforcement
Law enforcement arrest New Jersey resident Ahmad Khan Rahami, wanted for NYC and N.J. bombings, after he shoots police officer.
A bloodied Ahmad Khan Rahami, 28, was arrested at 11 a.m. in Linden, N.J., only hours after the NYPD had set off a cell phone alert to millions notifying them that he was wanted in the spree of attacks.
The showdown began on a rain-soaked street around 10:30 a.m. after three men spotted Rahami sleeping in a building vestibule and called cops.
Raw Footage of Arrest
ABC News – New York Bombing Person of Interest In Custody
The man who police nabbed and shot Monday after a day-long dragnet in connection with a series of terror attacks in and around New York was a bad father who disliked America, hated gays and took long trips to his homeland of Afghanistan, according to the mother of his young daughter.
Maria, whose full name is being withheld by FoxNews.com, said her high school sweetheart, Ahmad Khan Rahami, didn’t pay child support and often railed against American culture. The 26-year-old, who spoke after her grandmother called her for a reporter who produced his press credential and identified himself at the grandmother’s home in Elizabeth, said she had not seen Rahami in two years.
“He would speak often of Western culture and how it was different back home,” she said. “How there weren’t homosexuals in Afghanistan.
I am not sure if I am believing this one.
Mohammed Rahami, the father of Ahmad Rahami, the suspect in the New Jersey and New York bombings this weekend, spoke to NBC News briefly Monday and said he had “no idea” what his son was up to.
“When you see in your family, you feel yourself, too, what’s going on,” he told NBC News’ Kerry Sanders, who approached Rahami’s car after he drove past police barricades near the scene of the capture of the suspect in Linden, New Jersey.
Asked if he believed what his son had been accused of, Rahami said, “I’m not sure what’s going on … I’m not sure what’s happening, exactly. But I think so.”
MORE THAN 80 DEAD IN TERROR ATTACK IN NICE, FRANCE …
UNREAL … It has happened again in France … Radical Islamic terrorism. A truck plowed into pedestrians during Bastille Day celebrations in Nice, France Thursday leaving at least 80 people dead. France’s president called this an “obviously a terrorist attack.” The WAPO is reporting that at least 84 people are dead as a driver also opened fire on revelers before being shot dead by police.
A truck plowed into pedestrians during Bastille Day celebrations in the popular French seaside city of Nice Thursday, leaving at least 80 people dead in what the nation’s president called “obviously a terrorist attack.”
The deadly toll, which included several children, came after the truck slammed into revelers gathered on a promenade to watch fireworks, French President Francois Hollande said in an address Friday morning.
“Such a monstrosity,” Hollande said. He pledged to step up efforts to fight terror in Iraq and Syria, and said he will seek to extend a state of emergency by three months.
“France is deeply saddened, but it is also very strong,” Hollande said. “I can assure you we will always be stronger than the fanatics who are trying to attack us.”
The driver was fatally shot by police, Hollande said. It is unknown if there were accomplices, Hollande said. French media, citing a police source, reported that ID papers belonging to a French-Tunisian were found in the truck. A source told NBC News the driver is believed to have been a French national of Tunisian descent.
UPDATE II: Truck Attack in Nice: Live Updates.