32 Year Old American Adventurer Harry Devert Missing in Mexico … Not Been in Touch Since 1/25/14

32 year old Harry Devert is missing in Mexico and has not been in touch with his family or girlfriend since January 25, 2014. On that day, Devert sent his girlfriend Sarah Ashley Schiear an ominous text via the WhatsApp messenger app that said, “Just got an hour and a half long escort out of some area it was too dangerous for me to be  … Gonna get back on the road soon. Apparently there’s another military escort waiting for me in some other town… I’m running way late because of the crazy military stuff.” As reported at Fox Latino, Devert, was traveling on a green Kawasaki motorcycle, has visited a monarch butterfly reserve in Macheors, a city in southwestern Mexico, and was planning to visit a beach in Zihuatanejo, on the Pacific coast, made famous be the final scene in the “Shawshank Redemption” was filmed. I hope they find Harry Devert safe.

FACEBOOK – HELP FIND HARRY.

Harry Devert- Instagram Account

CNN:

Harry Devert’s motorcycle journey from the United States to Latin America is somewhat reminiscent of “The Motorcycle Diaries,” which recount the South American travels of revolutionary Ernesto “Che” Guevara on an old motorbike in search of his insurgent spirit.

But Devert, 32, who left a job as a trader in finance to travel the world, has not been in touch with his mother or girlfriend in New York since January 25. That day he sent girlfriend Sarah Ashley Schiear an ominous text via the WhatsApp messenger app.

“Just got an hour and a half long escort out of some area it was too dangerous for me to be,” the message said. “Stopping for lunch and … voila Internet. … Gonna get back on the road soon. Apparently there’s another military escort waiting for me in some other town… I’m running way late because of the crazy military stuff…hopefully get a chance to talk to you tonight when I (hopefully) finally arrive.”

He had checked out of a bed and breakfast in the southwestern Mexican state of Michoacan and planned to travel to a beach in Zihuatanejo, on the Pacific coast, that was in the final scene of the film “The Shawshank Redemption,” according to friends and family.

“My son is a great communicator and he always lets me know — because I’m anxious — as close as he can where he’s going to be or if he’s going to be out of touch,” his mother, Ann Devert, told CNN Saturday.

Harry Devert3

Last week, Ann Devert contacted both the American and French embassies in Mexico. Her son, born in France, has dual citizenship.

In a statement Saturday, a U.S. State Department spokesperson confirmed that a U.S. citizen was reported missing near Morelia, Michoacan (MAP), but declined further comment “due to privacy considerations.”

“When a U.S. citizen is reported missing in Mexico, the U.S. Embassy or Consulate works with both the missing person’s family and Mexican and U.S. law enforcement agencies to locate the missing individual and return him or her to safety,” the statement said. “For missing person cases in Mexico, Mexican law enforcement institutions generally have jurisdiction and play the lead role in the conduct of investigations. We work closely with Mexican authorities to monitor such cases and seek progress as quickly as possible.”

Harry Devert2

From Facebook

New York man missing in Mexico during motorcycle trip.

Devert, who is 6 feet tall and weighs 180 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes, was on his way to Zihuatanejo, where he planned to visit the beach where the final scene of the film “The Shawshank Redemption” was filmed, the page states.

His family said there has been no activity on his debit card and his phone is no longer in service.

Anyone with information can contact Ann Devert at deverta@hotmail.com or Sarah Schiear at sarah.schiear@gmail.com.

UPDATE I: Fears grow for New Yorker who quit finance job to travel and has vanished in drug war-torn area in Mexico.

Fears are growing for an American who left a job in finance to motorbike through central and South America and has now vanished.

Harry Devert, 32, was last heard from two weeks ago when he texted his girlfriend on Whats App to say he was waiting for a military escort to travel through a dangerous area of Mexico.

He last messaged his girlfriend from the Michoacan state where vigilantes are battling the Knights Templar cartel.

NY Giants WR Victor Cruz Signs $43 Million Contract then Tweets Threat … “Zimmerman Doesn’t Last Year Before the Hood Catches Up To Him” … Then Apologizes and Deletes Tweet

Former NBA star Charles Barkley was right, athletes should not role models.

So what do NFL athletes do after they sign a 5 year, $43 million contract? They go on Twitter and tweet irresponsible, inflammatory and vigilante comments. Such was the case following the George Zimmerman verdict when a jury of six woman determined that Zimmerman was “not guilty” of murder or manslaughter in the death of Trayvon Martin.  The New York Giants recent $43 million man, Victor Cruz, decided to ignorantly fan the flames of vigilantism and interject himself into a racially heated subject of George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin. Following the verdict, Victor Cruz tweeted, “… Zimmerman doesn’t last a year before the hood catches up to him.” Are you kidding me? Just what the NFL needs, another player acting all gangsta. You think that the NFL has had a black enough eye from the murder charges against former New England Patriot TE Aaron Hernandez. Should those in the NFL really be criticizing anyone with the arrest record of their players since last years Super Bowl? Individuals like Cruz et all need to shut up and play.

A note to Victor Cruz, it’s not just blacks who by your jersey.

Zimmerman_tweet_victor cruz

But then as reported by the NY Post, the brave, brash and scholar of the George Zimmerman murder trial deleted his tweet. Cruz stated that he realized his tweet was wrong and has apologized. Actually, he most lokely got a text from his agent or Giant management that said, WTF … delete the tweet, or we will delete your $43 million contract.

Upon further view, Victor Cruz shouldn’t have predicted a vigilante death for George Zimmerman.

The Giants popular and squeaky clean wide receiver apologized this afternoon for an unfortunate tweet he wrote last night, moments after the neighborhood watch volunteer was cleared on all charges.

“My tweet last night was my initial interpretation of the reaction I was reading on twitter. I immediately realized my tweet was a mistake and I apologize, that’s why I deleted it,” Cruz said a Twitter statement today. “I believe conversation not confrontation leads to change and progress.”

Here are a bunch of many more irresponsible tweets from athletes who most likely did not watch any of the George Zimmerman trial or even understand Florida’s self defense laws.

 UPDATE I: Hollywood liberal celebrities react to George Zimmerman verdict. I wonder if the roles were reversed and Trayvon had killed Zimmerman if all of these tweets would be the same? Oh the hypocrisy.  Hmm, wasn’t it the Hollywood LEFT who backed cop killer, Mumia Abu-Jamal?

White Supremacist Charles Francis Gaskins Convicted of Killing a Child Molester Neil Hayes Sentenced to 26 Years to Life in Prison

Charles Francis Gaskins, a white supremist was sentenced to 26 years to life in prison for the 2009 murder of child molester Neil Hayes. Gaskins and his wife, Sandra Sheaves, were convicted of killing  Neil Hayes by beating him to death with a rock after they learned he was a registered sex offender.  After pleading no contest to the murder, allowing his wife to plead no contest to accessory to murder. Sheaves was sentenced to eight years in prison; however, with time served and other factors, Sheaves is expected to be released in 66 days. According to accounts, Gaskins was a member of a supremacist group that required its members to attack anyone with a history of child molestation.

 Sex_offenders

A Northern California white supremacist convicted of killing a child molester has been sentenced to 26 years to life in prison, while his wife – convicted of being an accessory – will be released from jail in about two months, The Sacramento Bee reported ( http://bit.ly/17D3Y4l) Saturday.

Charles Francis Gaskins, 48, was sentenced Friday after pleading no contest in March for the killing of Neil Hayes in 2009. A probation report said Gaskins was a member of a supremacist group that required its members to attack anyone with a history of child molestation.

Gaskins and his wife – Sandra Sheaves – was living in a home she owned in Carmichael, a community outside of Sacramento, when they allowed the 66-year-old Hayes to move in. Gaskins had met Hayes while they were both serving time in prison, The Bee said.

You know, there is a part of me that says maybe all murders are not created equal. Twenty-six  years for killing a menace to society? Although I am against the opinions, views and agenda of white supremacist’s …  White Supremacist or no white supremacist, Charles Francis Gaskins probably in the long run provided a public service as this child molester will never molest another child ever again.

LEFTY Roseanne Barr Tweets Address of Zimmerman’s Parents, Then Says She Will Go to Their House … What Was Her Intent?

THE LEFT IS COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTROL …

Roseann Barr TWEETED the address of George Zimmerman’s parents and then sent another TWEET stating that she would go to their home. To do what exactly Roseanne? What is her intent, to stir up violence and fan the flames of the already out of control mob mentality? As stated by Weasel Zippers, Roseanne Barr appears to be picking up where Spike Lee left off. Are these people only going to be happy if someone gets hurt? Just curious, what happens if a crazed lunatic sees the TWEET, goes to the address and kills someone, will Roseanne be held liable?

There come a point and time where people need to act in a responsible manner. However, Tweeting one’s address and then tweeting that you are going to go to their home, what exactly is Roseanne’s intent? To many that is interpreted as a threat.

Just curious, what part about TWITTER rules does Roseanne Barr and the other vigilante loons not get?

“You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, street address or Social Security/National Identity numbers, without their express authorization and permission.”

As reported at The Smoking Gun … The TWITTER Vigilante Crew continues.

The comedian Roseanne Barr last night tweeted the home address of George Zimmerman’s parents to her 110,000-plus Twitter followers, only to delete the posting after “not fully understanding that it was private not public.”

Barr’s posting of the correct Florida address of Robert and Gladys Zimmerman came at the same time Spike Lee was issuing an apology for erroneously disseminating a tweet that purportedly contained the home address of George Zimmerman, who last month killed teenager Trayvon Martin.

Barr, who deleted her tweet in the face of criticism from some Twitter followers, noted that she first thought it “was good to let ppl know that no one can hide anymore.”  That stance quickly changed, with Barr reporting, “But vigilante-ism is what killed Trayvon. I don’t support that.”

But while Barr deleted her original posting, the Zimmermans’s address remains in messages in her Twitter stream. Barr’s original tweet was a retweet of a post by a new Twitter user who appears devoted to disseminating the Zimmermans’s address and phone number, as well as contact information for Joseph Oliver, who has made numerous TV appearances in support of Zimmerman, a friend and former coworker.

Who is really going to be shocked when some one is hurt or killed because of this vigilantism?

Support Scared Monkeys! make a donation.

 
 
  • NEWS (breaking news alerts or news tips)
  • Red (comments)
  • Dugga (technical issues)
  • Dana (radio show comments)
  • Klaasend (blog and forum issues)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Close
E-mail It