Four African-Americans Charged with Hate Crime in Brutal & Despicable Attack on a Mentally Disabled White Man
MAKE THAT HATE CRIMES X’S 2 … RACIALLY MOTIVATED AND ATTACK ON MENTALLY DISABLED PERSON …
Four blacks, Jordan Hill, 18, Tesfaye Cooper, 18, and sisters Brittany Covington, 18, and Tanishia Covington, 24, have all been charged with hate crimes, among others, in the kidnapping and viscous attack on a white, mentally disabled individual. According to reports, the victim had been reported missing and spent at least 24 hours and possibly up to 48 hours with the suspects. The four suspects kidnapped, tied up, beat and tortured disabled, special needs, mentally disabled man and streamed it on video on Facebook Live.
Charged in the attack were Jordan Hill, 18, of Carpentersville; Tesfaye Cooper, 18, of Chicago; and sisters Brittany Covington, 18, and Tanishia Covington, 24, who lived in an apartment in the 3300 block of West Lexington Street where the assault allegedly took place.
The four — who are all African-American — were each charged with aggravated kidnapping, hate crime, aggravated unlawful restraint and aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, according to police. Hill also was charged with robbery, possession of a stolen motor vehicle and residential burglary, while both Covingtons were charged with residential burglary, police said.
Police said all four have given statements admitting to their roles in the alleged attack. They’re scheduled to appear for a bond hearing Friday at the Leighton Criminal Court Building.
Late Thursday, David Boyd, who identified himself as the victim’s brother-in-law, said in a brief statement to reporters that the family was grateful for “all the prayers and efforts” that led to his safe return.
“He’s doing well, as well as he could be at this time,” Boyd said. He said “everyone has seen the video” but declined to comment on what he thought of it.
“We appreciate all the support from everyone,” Boyd said, adding they were focused on “trying to stick together as a family.”
Lame duck president Barack Obama appears to have finally acknowledged the hideous crime as a hate crime, well kinda. Earlier in the day on Thursday, at a White House press briefing, press secretary Josh Earnest declined to say whether the alleged crime amounted to a hate crime but called it “disturbing” and said the images demonstrate “a level of depravity that is an outrage to a lot of Americans.” Really, the WH could not just call this for what it was? Under pressure to react to the obvious and a double standard of labeling and reacting to past so-called hate crimes, President Obama later was forced to say, “we appear to have seen” a hate crime in the alleged attack on a Chicago man captured on Facebook. Obama went on to blame the internet for exposing long simmering racial tensions. Really Mr. President? Maybe you are to blame for them.
President Barack Obama called the news from his hometown “despicable” and said the Internet has exposed long simmering racial tensions.
“What we have seen as surfacing, I think, are a lot of problems that have been there a long time,” Obama told a Chicago-area television station in a prearranged interview in Washington. “Whether it’s tensions between police and communities, (or) hate crimes of the despicable sort that has just now recently surfaced on Facebook.”
The four will be in court today. I can only imagine what their defense attorney will concoct. Not guilty of course.
Daily Commentary – Tuesday, October 4, 2016 – Kim Kardashian Was Robbed of 11 Million Dollars Worth of Jewelry in Paris Yesterday
- Robbed … Must have been terrifying. Why would anyone travel with valuable jewelry like that? Wonder if it was insured?
Kim Kardashian Robbed at Gun Point of $10 Million in Jewelry in Paris, France by Men Dressed as Police Officers
Kim Kardashian has been reportedly robbed at gunpoint in Paris, France by 5 men dressed in ski masks and police jackets. The reality TV star, famous for pretty much nothing, was robbed while at a hotel in Paris. According to reports she was robbed if 10 million in jewelry after being tied up. She was unharmed in the incident.
Kim Kardashian West has left Paris on a private jet after being tied up and robbed of $10 million in jewelry by armed masked men dressed as police.
Five men in ski masks and police jackets were involved in the robbery about 3 a.m. local time Monday, Reuters reports.
Two men entered her room at No Address Hotel, bound Kardashian’s hands and feet with tape then locked her in the bathroom before stealing a jewelry box worth $6.7 million in jewelry and a ring worth $4 million, police sources told La Parisien.
As would be expected news that Kim Kardashian had been robbed of €10 million worth of jewellery during an armed robbery in Paris made headlines around the world on Monday.
Even if many on social media displayed little sympathy for the mega-rich reality TV star who had a €4 million ring and a €6 million jewellery box stolen, it’s clear she endured a horrifying ordeal.
If reports are correct she was woken up when robbers forced themselves into her room at a residence near the Madeleine church, had a gun held to her head and was tied up and locked in the bathroom until help eventually came.
The robbery could also prove to be a different kind of ordeal for Paris authorities with some politicians quickly jumping on the crime to highlight the “urgent” issue of safety in Paris.
It comes after numerous other high profile robberies that have targeted members of the Saudi royal family and visitors from China.
Daily Commentary – Thursday, September 1, 2016 – Funny Postings on the Internet Regarding Notes in Car Windows
- People are leaving often very funny little notes for prospective thieves on their windshields
TRY EXPLAINING THIS ONE WHY YOU ARE IN PRISON TO YOUR FELLOW RAPIST AND MURDERING CONS …
THE CANDY MAN THIEF … 35 year old Jesus N. Ibarra was arrested last week and charged with grand theft of a cargo and possessing stolen property. The stolen property was 7,500 pounds of candy! The candy, which had not passed inspection, was supposed to be hauled to a San Bernardino county location for destruction. However, Jesus N. Ibarra decided to steal the candy and put it in his garage. According to the police reports, when the truck arrived to its location, about 7,500 pounds of candy were missing. This is where the greed and stupidity of those that commit crimes once again comes into play. The police were tipped off when they saw an ad turned up on Craigslist and a Facebook site for High Desert Deals.
The Candy man – Sammy Davis Jr.
Candy bars led to jail bars for a 35-year-old desert man caught with a garageful of stolen sweets, say San Bernardino County sheriff’s officials.
Hesperia resident Jesus N. Ibarra was arrested a 1:14 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 7, at his home along the 13100 block of Modesto Court and booked for investigation of a grand theft of a cargo and possessing stolen property, jail records show. He was released on bail.
The trouble started after Excel Corporation — the West Coast distributor for Mars Candy Company — contracted with a trucking company to haul a load of candy that hadn’t passed inspection to a San Bernardino county location for destruction.
When the truck arrived, about 7,500 pounds of candy were missing, sheriff’s officials said in a written statement.
Deputies caught a break when advertisements turned up on Craigslist and a Facebook site for High Desert Deals. That prompted a search warrant for Ibarra’s home.
I think i wrote on this story just so that I could use the Candy man video by Sammy Davis Jr.