Project Spade: 348 People Arrested in International Child Porn Ring Bust …386 Children Have Been Rescued
PROJECT SPADE BUSTS INTERNATIONAL CHILD PORN RING …
One of the largest commercial child pornography ring ever has been uncovered and busted in Canada. At last count, 348 people have been arrested in “Project Spade” (VIDEO) from over 50 countries and a reported 386 children have been rescued. As reported at Inside Toronto, police traced the internet connection to a Toronto man who was running an “exploitation” movie production and distribution company. “This company operated a website known as www.azovfilms.com where customers from around the world could place orders to have movies sent to them through the mail or through the internet. At the center of the child porn ring is 42 year old Brian Way. This low life, oh alleged low life, faces 24 charges of making, possessing, distributing, exporting and selling the explicit images of boys, ranging in ages from toddlers to teens.
In all because of the Project Spade investigation, 108 Canadians have been arrested, 50 in Ontario, of whom at least 20 have so far pleaded guilty to various charges. Another 76 Americans face charges. Internationally, another 164 are before the courts and many more are still under investigation.
They have also laid a charge of instructing a criminal organization, the first time this has been done in relation to a child pornography investigation. It is a charge more usually associated with gangs or organized crime.
“This case has really challenged people to reconsider what nudism and child modelling are,” said Toronto police Detective-Constable Lisa Belanger, who led the investigation. “It’s caused countries around the world to look at this material and ask whether it’s OK for doctors, teachers, daycare providers and hockey coaches to be buying this kind of material. Countries from South Africa to Australia, Isle of Man to Hong Kong and Spain have all said it’s not OK. I think it’s going to have ripple effects everywhere.”
A three-year investigation into an exploitative Toronto-based film company has netted nearly 350 arrests and rescued more than 380 children from sexual abuse, police said Thursday.
Law enforcement from all over the world, primarily in Eastern Europe and the United States, worked with Toronto police since 2010 to arrest those who produced child pornography and those who purchased it.
The owner of the film company, Brian Way, has been in jail since 2011 awaiting trial, and the producers who made the illegal films have been convicted in their home countries, Toronto police Inspector Joanna Beaven-Desjardins said.
The investigation is ongoing and more arrests will be made, but authorities decided it was time to share with the public the scope of its operation, known as Project Spade.
Among the 348 people arrested in the international child sex abuse investigation were 40 teachers, six law enforcement personnel, nine pastors or priests and some doctors and nurses, Beaven-Desjardins said.
Throughout the investigation, 386 children have been rescued, she said, referring to their removal from situations where they were being abused.
UPDATE I: David Scott Engle, from Lake Lucerne, Washington, is believed to be the first US child sex offender officially identified as someone caught by investigators from Project Spade.
A youth baseball coach was exposed as a prolific pedophile in one of the world’s biggest ever child porn busts, it can be revealed today.
David Scott Engle is believed to be the first American child sex offender officially identified as someone caught by investigators from Project Spade.
Last month MailOnline reported Engle, a divorce lawyer from Lake Lucerne in Washington, was sentenced to 25 years in prison after amassing thousands of child pornography images.
The 50-year-old will now stand trial on child rape charges after investigators found dozens of videos of him allegedly carrying out sickening sexual assaults on two boys.
David Rock, 52, charged with two counts of possessing child pornography and one count of accessing it, has a court date of Dec. 13 for a preliminary hearing.
William Allard, 38, has a court date of Nov. 29.
Anthony Ryckman, 42, pleaded guilty to one count each of possessing, making and accessing child pornography, and two counts of voyeurism.
Ryckman was sentenced to 23 months in jail and three years of probation. He has been ordered not to associate with anyone under 16 and given a DNA order and forfeiture order.
Ryckman will also be on the sex offender registry for life.
Missing 15 Year Old Girl from Boston Found Dancing at Providence, RI Strip Club, Another 15 Year Old Girl Found in Hotel Accompanied by Convicted Sex Offender
Please explain how is this guy even walking the streets with a criminal record against minors …
A 15 year old missing girl has been found by police dancing at a Providence, Rhode Island strip club and other 15 year old female missing teen from Brockton, MA was also found by police at a Seekonk motel. Both were accompanied by a convicted sex offender, Troy Footman. The 15 year old teen found dancing at ‘Cheaters Gentlemens Club’ approached the undercover detectives and solicited them for sex. Good grief. Fisty one year old Troy Footman was arrested as he left the hot-pink strip club with two other women, the police stopped his white Cadillac SUV. He’s charged with sex trafficking of a minor.
Pic – Facebook
A 15-year-old girl missing from Boston was found dancing at a strip club in South Providence — accompanied by a convicted sex offender who’s served time for running a teen prostitution ring, according to the Providence police.
Another 15-year-old girl, who was missing from Brockton, was also found by police at a Seekonk motel where the man has been living.
Troy Footman, 51, is now charged with sex trafficking, as police investigate him for recruiting teenage girls from Boston down to Providence to work as exotic dancers and prostitutes, said Providence police Maj. David Lapatin. The Boston girl is now in the custody of state child welfare, and the Brockton girl has been returned to her family, the police said.
After getting a tip from Boston police and agents from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, two Providence detectives found the girl and 51-year-old Troy Footman inside Cheaters on Allens Avenue late Monday night, Lapatin said.
Sex offender – Troy Footman
How in the Hell is this human POS allowed to walk among us? Troy Footman has a 25 year history of sex crimes including prostitution rings of minor girls. At what point do we say enough is enough and this individual is just a threat to underage girls and should never see the light of day?
Footman has a quarter-century history of sex crimes, from a rape conviction in 1986, to being convicted of running a prostitution ring with girls as young as 14 from Massachusetts to Delaware. According to court records, Footman and another prostitute were running underage girls to prostitute themselves at various places, including a truck stop in Delaware, and taking their money.
Operation Cross Country: FBI Raid in 76 Cities Rescues 105 Missing Teens Forced into Prostitution and Sex Trafficking
Operation Cross Country … FBI raid in 76 cities across the United States rescues 105 missing teens as young as 13 forced into prostitution and sex trafficking.
Win one for the good guys. A massive nationwide law enforcement sweep targeting child sex-trafficking and the exploitation of teens has rescued 105 sexually exploited children and the arrest of more than 150 pimps and others. It is about time these vermin who pray of minors get what is coming to them. It is bad enough that adult prostitution exists, but the exploitation and child prostitution of underage boys and girls is beyond reprehensible. We cannot do enough to help these kids and stop sex trafficking in the United States. These parasites that were arrested should never see the light of day.
The coordinated action between multiple federal, state and local agencies was the largest such enforcement action to date, according to the FBI. Seventy-six cities took part, as well as the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) as part of the Bureau’s Innocence Lost National Initiative.
Authorities rescued 105 children who were forced into prostitution and arrested 150 pimps and others in a three-day law enforcement sweep in 76 American cities, the FBI said Monday. The victims, almost all girls, range in age from 13 to 17.
The largest numbers of children rescued were in San Francisco, Detroit, Milwaukee, Denver and New Orleans. The campaign, known as Operation Cross Country, was conducted under the FBI’s Innocence Lost initiative.
“Child prostitution remains a persistent threat to children across the country,” Ron Hosko, assistant director of the bureau’s criminal investigative division, told a press conference.
The FBI said the campaign has resulted in rescuing 2,700 children since 2003.
The investigations and convictions of 1,350 have led to life imprisonment for 10 pimps and the seizure of more than $3.1 million in assets.
Another Day, Another Scandal … Prostitution, drugs, Sexual Abuse, Misconduct alleged in Hillary Clinton’s State Department
STATE DEPARTMENT-GATE … HILLARY-GATE? Another day and another scandal in the Obama administration. This time it is courtesy of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s State Department. This from “Wannbe” president Hillary Clinton.
Good grief, prostitution, drugs alleged, sexual abuse, child prostitution inappropriate or even criminal misconduct by staff in Hillary Clinton’s State Department. According to accounts, the investigation was stonewalled and asked to be stopped by State Dept. officials. The investigators were leaned on, pressured and had their investigation called off. MORE TRANSPARANY? It’s not just Benghazi and the events that occurred before, during and after the terrorist attack that left 4 Americans dead that was botched by wannbe president Hillary Clinton, it appears she presided over an out of control State Department. But of course she knew nothing about what was going on, including allegations against her own security detail. As the NY Post reports, Hillary’s sorry state of affairs. Is any part of the Obama government under control?
A State Department whistleblower has accused high-ranking staff of a massive coverup — including keeping a lid on findings that members of then-Secretary Hillary Clinton’s security detail and the Belgian ambassador solicited prostitutes.
“It’s a coverup,” declared Cary Schulman, a lawyer representing the whistleblower, former State Department IG senior investigator Aurelia Fedenisn.“The whole agency is impaired.
Does this sound familiar, Hillary Clinton spokesman said that Hillary was unaware of the investigation and the memos, including the part about her own personal detail and learned about it from the media. GOOD GRIEF … HOW MANY TIMES ARE THESE PEOPLE GOING TO USE THE SAME EXCUSE OF IGNORANCE. Sorry Mrs. Clinton, not believable. President Barack Obama has already over-used that card, you do not get to.
Senior State Department and Diplomatic Security officials may have covered up or stopped investigations of inappropriate or even criminal misconduct by staff, according to an internal memo from the department’s Office of the Inspector General.
The timeline surrounding the allegations places the incidents during former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s tenure, opening the possibility that a widening scandal might taint both her record and her possible political aspirations. Clinton has also taken heat for the department’s response to the September 2012 attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya.
The memo itself, purportedly written by Ambassador Larry Dinger, describes some of the information as coming from office chatter.
• An active U.S. ambassador “routinely ditched his protective security detail in order to solicit sexual favors from both prostitutes and minor children,” the memo says. The ambassador’s protective detail and others “were well aware of the behavior,” the memo asserts. When a diplomatic security officer tried to investigate, undersecretary of state for management Patrick Kennedy allegedly ordered the investigator “not to open a formal investigation.”
HOW MANY TIMES DO THEY GET TO USE THE “WE LEARNED ABOUT IN IN THE MEDIA” EXCUSE?
EXIT QUESTION … AND HILLARY CLINTON THINKS SHE SHOULD BE PRESIDENT IN 2016? HOW CAN AMERICA AFFORD TO HAVE ANOTHER 4 YEARS LIKE THE LAST 8?
Firefighters, Frank Meyer of West Haven, CT & Brett Bartolotta of Cavendish, VT Charged in Alleged Vermont Sex Slave Case
39 year old Frank Meyer of West Haven, Connecticut and 42 year old Brett Bartolotta of Cavendish, Vermont has been charged with aggravated sexual assault and slave trafficking. As reported at CNN, the alleged relationship began when the victim was 12 years old, and continued until he was past the age of consent. The allegation contends that the two men forced the 12 year old boy into prostitution and sex slavery. Both men were arraigned in the Windsor County Court of Vermont on Thursday and posted bail later that night, $50,000 for Bartolotta and $100,000 for Meyer.
View more videos at: http://nbcconnecticut.com.
Vermont state police have charged two men with Connecticut ties in an alleged child sexual assault case spanning several years that involved a victim who says he was wrapped in cellophane and subjected to other bondage.
State police charged 39-year-old Frank Meyer of West Haven, Conn., and 42-year-old Brett Bartolotta of Cavendish, Vt., with aggravated sexual assault and slave trafficking Wednesday. The New Haven Register reports Meyer is a West Haven Fire Department captain and Bartolotta is a former West Haven firefighter.
Sex Scandal: Dominican Prostitute Says Sen. Bob Menendez ‘likes the youngest and newest girls’ … Did Menendez Break the Very Law (Protect Act) That He Voted For?
It had been previously reported that the FBI was investigating New Jersey Senator Bob Menendez. The 59 year old Democrat US Senator has been connected with long time Menendez campaign donor Dr. Salomon Melgen for accepting expense paid trips to the Dominican Republic. Such gifts are against the law and go against campaign-finance laws. Menendez paid the money back some two years later after the situation came to light. However, the story scandal does not stop there. Dr. Salomon Melgen is also being investigated for organizing sex parties where New Jersey Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez is accused of having sex wit underage female prostitutes. According to am email from the female prostitute released by CREW via the Daily Caller, Bob Menendez ‘likes the youngest and newest girls’.
In a little-noticed email published online Wednesday by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), a young Dominican woman wrote nine months ago that she slept with 59-year-old New Jersey Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez at a series of sex parties organized by Dr. Salomon Melgen, a longtime Menendez campaign donor.
“That senator also likes the youngest and newest girls,” the woman wrote on April 21, 2012, according to an English translation provided to The Daily Caller by a native Spanish speaker.
“In the beginning he seemed so serious, because he never spoke to anyone, but he is just like the others and has just about the same tastes as the doctor, very refined. I think they were taking us more often to get us checked [medically] because of him.”
See the email HERE.
More from The Daily Caller:
Her account of the sex parties Menendez allegedly attended in the Dominican Republic is the most detailed to surface since TheDC first began reporting on the story in November.
She told her story to a tipster who forwarded the email to CREW; it was not included with the cache of documents he published online on Jan. 24. TheDC was first to report on that dossier about Sen. Menendez, which included an interview transcript in which a different women claimed she was 16 when she began sleeping with him.
That young prostitute said she had sex with Menendez “three times at least” in 2009. “The first one in February, and then in May and June. I recall his visit in June so well because that month was my 17th birthday.”
Senator Bob Menendez has denied the allegations. However, if convicted Menendez could face 30 years in prison. The irony is that Menendez could have broke the “Protect Act,” otherwise known as the “Prosecutorial Remedies and Other Tools to end the Exploitation of Children Today” that he voted for when he was a member of the US House of Representatives.
If Senator Bob Menendez of New Jersey is found guilty of traveling to the Dominican Republic to engage in sexual intercourse with underage prostitutes, he could face up to 30 years prison. The appropriate law, which would seem to apply in this instance, is the Prosecutorial Remedies And Other Tools To End The Exploitation Of Children Today (or the Protect Act).
Well, isn’t this special …
The FBI is investigating New Jersey Democrat Senator Bob Menendez for sex with underage female prostitutes while on trips to the Dominican Republic. According to reports, the prostitutes were as young as 16 years old. How exactly is this guy still in office? Heck, disgraced NY Representative Anthony Weiner left office because of lewd pics on Twitter. All Menendez is doing is paying for sex with underage Dominican Republic hookers. This is a crime, is it not? WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE?
Documents published online for the first time Thursday indicate that the FBI opened an inquiry into New Jersey Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez on August 1, 2012, focusing on repeated trips he took to the Dominican Republic with longtime campaign contributor and Miami eye doctor Salomon Melgen. TheDC reported in November that Menendez purchased the service of prostitutes in that Caribbean nation at a series of alcohol-fueled sex parties.
The documents, which The Daily Caller had obtained hours earlier from an anonymous source, also indicate that Carrie Levine, research director at Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), was alerted on April 9, 2012 to Menendez’s habit of paying for sex while outside the United States.
Check out the details from Feds Investigation on Senator Menendez.
I am guessing that Bob Menendez did not take the below video to heart. Instead he wanted to further exploit the exploited. How is this man still a US Senator? This is an FBI investigation where Menendez has exploited the most vulnerable in a country where children are treated like a commodity.
Who are the children and aspects of vulnerability?
According to newspaper reports approximately 30,000 children and adolescents are involved in the sex industry. Two thirds of those are girls. The main reason for entering prostitution is to support themselves, their children or their family. It has also been found that girls enter prostitution with the aspiration of meeting a rich foreign man that takes them abroad.
Children become involved in prostitution through friends and family who encourage them to migrate and help them to find jobs and settle into tourist areas.
“Many minors, both boys and girls start to work in prostitution between the ages of thirteen – fourteen. Girls are considered sexually available by the time they are twelve – thirteen, while the boys tend to move from shoe shining into offering sexual services as a way of distancing themselves from shoe shining which is considered a childish profession”.
Boys often move into the top end of the market as ‘Sanky Pankies1’, men aged eighteen to thirty who often work for hotels or have some other employment in the tourist sector and mostly provide sexual services for tourist women.
While one reason that children become involved in prostitution is to support the family, there are a number of other causes: