CAN SOME ONE PLEASE TAKE HIS CELL PHONE AND PEN AWAY …
Lame Duck Barack Obama has transferred out four more terrorists out of GITMO on his way out the door. Nineteen inmates have been transferred since Election Day. This now leaves 41 terrorists at the US military prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. So in the end, thankfully, Obama was never able to close GITMO as he promised back in 2008.
The Pentagon announced Thursday that four more inmates were transferred out of the US military prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, marking the final such transfer under President Barack Obama and leaving the facility’s population at 41.
Thursday’s transfer concludes the Obama administration’s final push to empty the facility as much as possible prior to Friday’s inauguration, with 19 inmates being transferred since Election Day. One of the inmates is going to Saudi Arabia and the other three are being taken in by the United Arab Emirates.
There were 242 detainees at Guantanamo when Obama came into office in January 2009 and he had pledged to close the controversial center within one year in an executive order he signed shortly after his own inauguration. But in recent days, administration officials have acknowledged that this goal was out of reach.
“I don’t anticipate that we will succeed in that goal of closing the prison, but it’s not for a lack of trying — that, I assure you,” White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest told reporters Tuesday.
FBI ARREST WIFE OF ORLANDO NIGHTCLUB MASSACRE …
The FBI has arrested Noor Salman, the wife of the terrorist who carried out the deadly shooting attack in Orlando, Florida in 2016. Omar Mateen killed 49 people and wounded dozens in an Orlando nightclub. Salman was charged with obstructing the investigation of the mass shooting and also with aiding and abetting by providing material support. Salman had been questioned by the FBI immediately following the shooting in Orlando. FBI investigators have been considering charges since that time, believing she was lying about her knowledge of her husband’s planned attack. Salman will make her initial appearance on Tuesday morning in federal court in Oakland, California.
The F.B.I. arrested the wife of the man who carried out a deadly terrorist attack in Orlando, Fla., and charged her with obstructing the investigation of the mass shooting, law enforcement officials said on Monday.
Noor Salman, whose husband, Omar Mateen, killed 49 people and wounded dozens in an Orlando nightclub that was popular with gays, was also charged with aiding and abetting by providing material support, the officials said.
She was taken into custody by F.B.I. agents at her home outside San Francisco, where she had been living with her young son. Prosecutors had been weighing charges against her for months in the aftermath of the attack by her husband on June 12, 2016.
TERRORISM IN ISTANBUL LEAVES SCORES DEAD …
At least 39 people have been killed, including at least 15 foreigners, in an attack on a nightclub in Istanbul, Turkey. The horrific massacre took place as at least 700 nightclub-goers were celebrating New Years Eve in Istanbul, Turkey, when the terrorist struck. According to reports. it was a lone terrorist gunman who reportedly shouted ‘Allahu Akbar’ before opening fire, armed with an AK-47.
A gunman opened fire in Reina nightclub at about 01:30 local time (22:30 GMT), as revellers marked the new year.
Suleyman Soylu said efforts were continuing to find the attacker, who was believed to have acted alone.
At least 69 people were being treated in hospital, the minister added. Four were said to be in a serious condition.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the attackers were trying to “create chaos” and pledged to “fight to the end” against terrorism.
Addressing reporters early on Sunday, Mr Soylu said: “This was a massacre, a truly inhuman savagery.”
“A manhunt for the terrorist is under way. Police have launched operations. We hope the attacker will be captured soon.”
THE MANHUNT IS OVER … ISLAMIST TERRORIST RESPONSIBLE FOR BERLIN CHRISTMAS MARKET ATTACK IS KILLED!!!
Anis Amri, the 24-year-old Tunisian has been shot and killed by police in Milan, Italy. The terrorist suspect responsible for the deadly Berlin Christmas market attack has been soot dead in the Sesto San Giovanni district of the northern Italian city.
The terrorist behind Monday’s deadly attack on a Berlin Christmas market swore allegiance to ISIS before dying in a wee-hours shootout with police in Milan Friday, some some 675 miles from the scene of Monday’s carnage.
Anis Amri, the 24-year-old Tunisian whose monstrous attack sparked a 72-hour manhunt and raised questions about Germany’s inability to come to grips with radicals among its burgeoning refugee population, was killed in the Sesto San Giovanni district of the northern Italian city, police said.
Before his death, Amri pledged his allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and called for jihadists to take revenge on “crusaders” bombing Muslims, a video posted on Islamic State’s Amaq news agency showed. It was not clear if the video was made before or after the Berlin attack.
Video released of the Berlin Christmas market terrorist suspect Anis Amri pledging allegiance to ISIS.
Video has emerged of the Berlin Christmas market attack suspect Anis Amri pledging allegiance to ISIS. The footage emerged hours after he was killed in an early-morning shootout in Milan on Friday morning.
The Tunisian man, who has been the subject of a Europe-wide manhunt since Monday’s market attack in which 12 people were killed, was stopped in Sesto San Giovanni — a district in the northeastern part of Milan — just after 3am local time, Italian police said on Twitter.
A video released Friday on ISIS-affiliated website, Amaq, shows Amri pledging allegiance to the group’s leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. He does not refer to Monday’s attack.
When the man was asked for his papers by Italian police, he pulled a .22 calibre gun out of his backpack and fired at them.
ISIS Claims Reponsibility for Terror Truck Attack at Christmas Market in Berlin,Germany That Killed 12 People
GERMANY ROCKED BY TERRORISM …
The German manhunt continues as they look for a Tunisian asylum-seeker in deadly Christmas market attack. A terrorist driving a hijacked truck rammed into a crowded Christmas market in central Berlin on Monday evening, killing 12 people and injuring nearly 50. According to accounts, German police found identity papers inside the truck used in this week’s deadly assault of a Tunisian asylum-seeker. ISIS has taken responsibility for the terror attack.
German police mounted a manhunt for a Tunisian asylum-seeker whose identity papers were found inside the truck used in this week’s deadly assault on a Berlin Christmas market, two senior law enforcement officials said Wednesday.
The officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive case, said investigators discovered the man’s documents in the cabin of the truck that barreled into the market on Monday, killing 12 people, wounding dozens and reigniting debates about security and immigration.
One of the two officials said the man, in his early 20s, had left his wallet in the vehicle, and his asylum documents were found inside.
Police said Tuesday that the driver who rammed a truck into a crowded Christmas market in the heart of the German capital, killing at least 12 people and injuring nearly 50, did so intentionally and that they are investigating a suspected “terror attack.”
The truck struck the popular Christmas market outside the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church late Monday as tourists and locals were enjoying a traditional pre-Christmas evening out near Berlin’s Zoo station.