I thought the United States did not pay ransoms to terrorists?
It turns out that the Obama administration did pay money to terrorists in an attempt to get the release of Army deserter Bowe Bergdahl. UNREAL. The Department of Defense did pay a ransom for the release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl but the transaction’s Afghan middle man ran off with the cash. This goes against previous Pentagon statements in 2009 where they denied doing any such thing. LIARS!!! The ransom payment also goes against President Obama’s strategy finical strategy in pressuring foreign governments, corporations and families of captives not to pay ransom. What are the odds we will hear Obama say, he just learned about this scandal too? But when that failed, Obama did the next worse thing … released 5 GITMO terrorists for a deserter.
The Department of Defense attempted to pay a ransom for the release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl but the transaction’s Afghan intermediary ran off with the cash, according to a member of the House Armed Services Committee.
The claims directly contradict statements from the Pentagon, which has vehemently denied that it paid cash to a Taliban splinter group that captured Bergdahl in 2009. The administration in May released five-value Guantanamo Bay detainees in exchange for Bergdahl’s release.
Remember following the release of Bowe Bergdahl, FOX News reported that the Obama administration may have given the Taliban and Haqqani terrorists money as well as the five top Taliban prisoners? Watch the VIDEO below of the Catherine Herridge interview with Greta Van Susteran and On the Record.
The Pentagon is under fire for making a ransom payment to an Afghan earlier this year as part of a failed bid to win the release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, according to U.S. officials.
Sgt. Bergdahl was released in May after nearly five years in captivity as part of a controversial exchange for five terrorists held at the U.S. military detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
The ransom payment was first disclosed by Rep. Duncan Hunter in a Nov. 5 letter to Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel. Mr. Hunter stated in the letter that Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) made the payment covertly as part of a release deal. But the money was stolen by the Afghan intermediary claiming to represent the Haqqani terrorist network.
“Given the significance of this matter, as well as the fact that Pentagon officials have denied that a payment was even considered — and you also said you were unaware of any such attempt — I ask you to immediately inquire with JSOC to determine the specific order of events,” said Mr. Hunter, California Republican and member of the House Armed Services Committee.
Mr. Hunter also asked Mr. Hagel whether ransom payments are being considered for other captives.
Disclosure of the ransom payment undermines a key financial element of President Obama’s strategy to counter the Islamic State — pressuring foreign governments, corporations and families of captives not to pay ransom. In a speech in September, David S. Cohen, Treasury undersecretary for terrorism and financial intelligence, said the Islamic State made $20 million this year in ransoming hostages.
New Black Panther Party Leader Frank Sha Francois Calls Ax Wielding Police Attacker Zale Thomspon “a Crusader Seeking Justice”
SICK … Queens, NY New Black Panther Party leader calls ax wielding police attacker a “Crusader Seeking Justice.”
Frank Sha Francois, the Queens chapter leader of the New Black Panther Party says that Zale Thomspon, the jihadist sympathizer who hated cops and white people, “a crusader seeking justice.” Frank Sha Francois stated that “it probably won’t be the last [attack on police] because you have a lot of frustrated people out here.” Although, Francois insisted he didn’t agree with Thompson’s methods. Sure he didn’t, that’s why he makes such a claim that there will be more attacks on police? The NBPP leader said that Zale Thompson was not a member of the Queens chapter, but he did show up to meetings and focused on the topic of police brutality.
Crusader for justice, eh … sounds for like a radical jihadist, reverse racism and a hate crime. Thankfully, Zale Thompson was shot dead by police before he could cause more harm.
The Muslim extremist who attacked rookie cops with a hatchet last week was “a crusader seeking justice’’ — and more assaults will likely follow, the head of his local New Black Panther Party warned.
“It probably won’t be the last [attack on police] because you have a lot of frustrated people out here,” Queens chapter leader Frank Sha Francois told The Post.
Francois said ax-wielding Zale Thompson wasn’t officially a member of his group, but he came to meetings and they talked about “police brutality” cases such as Eric Garner and Michael Brown.
“I don’t condone violence, but something needs to be done,” Francois said. “We need to have some type of deterrent and real oversight to deter the police from violating the laws and to know they are not above the laws.”
While he hailed the ax man as a “crusader,” Francois insisted he didn’t agree with Thompson’s methods.
Zale H. Thompson Attacks NYC Police Officers with Hatchet … Suspect Shot Dead by Police (Update: His Facebook Points to Radicalized Lone Wolf Jihadist)
MORE ATTACKS ON POLICE OFFICERS, JUST LIKE ISIS CALLED FOR …
32 year old Zale Thompson, a resident of Queens, New York, was shot dead by police Thursday after he attacked two NYC police officers with a hatchet. One officer was struck in the arm and another in the head by the hatchet wielding suspect. According to Commissioner Bill Bratton, Zale Thompson “charged at the officers with a hatchet in his hand. Unprovoked and not speaking a word, the male then swung at one of the officers with a hatchet, striking his right arm. After striking that officer, the suspect continuing swinging the hatchet, striking a second officer in the head.”
Zale Thompson had a past criminal record; however, upon further review it seems like this may be the acts of a lone wolf terrorist, radicalized Muslim.
Police say they were investigating whether Thompson’s attack on the cops was linked to Islamic terrorism. ISIS has urged fighters to launch lone wolf attacks in the United States.
Thompson’s Facebook page features a photograph of a man dressed in Middle Eastern garb and a cover photo displaying Arabic writing.
A man charged at four New York police officers with a metal hatchet Thursday, hitting two of them at a time of high alert for authorities concerned they might be targeted in the United States and Canada.
The suspect was hiding behind a bus shelter as if he was waiting to attack the officers, according to a law enforcement official, who said it almost appeared as if he was stalking them. The officers were posing for a photo when the man pounced, police Commissioner Bill Bratton said.
He struck one officer in the right arm and another in the head, according to the commissioner. The two officers who weren’t hit then shot at and killed the attacker.
The law enforcement official identified the suspect as Zale H. Thompson, who had a criminal record in California and had been discharged from the Navy for misconduct, according to the source.
The police officer who was struck in the head remains in critical but stable condition. The other officer, who is 24, was struck in the arm and was expected to be released soon.
According to his Facebook page, Thompson is a native of Queens. In 2011, Thompson graduated from Teacher’s College in Columbia University. His page also says that he went to the The College of New Rochelle and High School of Graphic Communications Arts. His last-known address is unknown. He is 32 years old. On his LinkedIn page, Thompson lists his skills as Microsoft Office, Public Speaking and Research.
On his Facebook page, he also went by the name Zaim Farouq Abdul-malik.
1.Thompson Wielded an 18-Inch Ax
2. He Was Discharged From the Navy
3. Zale Was Vocal Online About Racism
Daily Commentary – Friday, October 24, 2014 – Terrorist Murders Soldier in Ottowa Before Turning to the Halls of Parliament
- Michael Zehaf-Bibeau has been identified as the gunman who had recently converted to Islam
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper Immediately Calls Death of Cpl. Nathan Frank Cirillo as Terrorism, Um … Barack Obama Maybe Not So Much
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper calls murder of Cpl. Nathan Frank Cirillo as Terrorism, Barack Obama actually called it a “these kinds of acts of senseless violence or terrorism”. Or?
Prime Minister Stephen Harper said the following, “Cpl. Cirillo was murdered today, killed in cold blood, as he provided a ceremonial honor guard at Canada’s National War Memorial. This week’s events are a grim reminder that Canada is not immune to the types of terrorist attacks we have seen elsewhere around the world.”
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper acts like a leader …
But Harper had no doubt, saying in a nationally televised address Wednesday night that “we will learn more about the terrorist and any accomplices he may have had.” The attack, he said, was proof that “Canada is not immune to the types of terrorist attacks that we have seen elsewhere around the world.”
“But let there be no misunderstanding: We will not be intimated — Canada will never be intimidated,” Harper said. “In fact, this will lead us to strengthen our resolve and redouble our efforts, and those of our national security agencies, to take all necessary steps to identify and counter threats and keep Canada safe here at home.”
For terrorist organizations “who brutalize those in other countries with the hope of bringing their savagery to our shores,” he had this message: “They will have no safe haven.”
Then there is Barack Obama, who once a again would not just come out and call the murder for what it was … “Obviously, the situation there is tragic, but it emphasizes the degree of which we have to remain vigilant when it comes to dealing with these kinds of acts of senseless violence or terrorism.” WTF, these kinds of acts of senseless violence or terrorism!!! Does Barack Obama think this was also workplace violence? Obama would later say, when it comes to dealing with terrorism, Canada and the United States has to be entirely in sync.”
Then There is Barack Obama …
Terrorism in Ottawa, Canada: Cpl. Nathan Cirillo Shot to Death at his Post at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier … Update: Gunman Killed, ID’d as Michael Zehaf-Bibeau
Terrorism hits Canada …
24 year old Cpl. Nathan Cirillo was shot to death at at the National War Memorial at his post at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Ottawa, Quebec. Following the murder, the gunman fled into Parliament building where it was reported that 30 to 40 shots were fired, watch the video below. According to accounts, the gunman, radicalized Muslim, was later shot dead inside the Parliament building by the House of Commons sergeant-at-arms Kevin Vickers and RCMP. CBC News has confirmed the dead shooting suspect is Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, a Canadian born in 1982.
What a shock, Michael Zehaf-Bibeau was a recent Muslim convert.
VIDEO – CBC (Shots fired inside Parliament)
Prime Minister Stephen Harper said in an evening address that Canada would not be intimidated by Wednesday’s “brutal and violent attack” in Ottawa, in which an armed attacker shot and fatally wounded a Canadian Forces member at the National War Memorial before being shot dead in Parliament’s Centre Block.
The slain soldier is Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, 24, a reservist from Hamilton.
Moments after Cirillo was shot at his post by the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, MPs and other witnesses reported 30 to 50 shots fired inside the main Parliament building.
It was confirmed later that the gunman was shot dead inside the building, felled by the House of Commons sergeant-at-arms and RCMP, according to MPs’ accounts.
CBC News has confirmed the dead shooting suspect is Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, a Canadian born in 1982. CBC News has learned that Zehaf-Bibeau has a criminal record in Quebec dating back 10 years on some drug-related charges. Court documents from that time show that he lived at an address in Montreal.
A Parliament Hill security guard was wounded in the chaotic attack Wednesday just before 10 a.m. in the nation’s capital that police believe involved more than one assailant.
Cirillo, of Hamilton, was one of two Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders of Canada reservists standing guard in front of the monument when a gunman opened fire Wednesday morning. The shooter was killed inside the Parliament buildings after firing at least 20 shots.
Social media accounts and online photos paint a picture of Cirillo as a loving father to his young son, animal lover and fitness buff. Pictures depict him smiling, cuddling a dog, working out at the gym, and playing guitar.
Cirillo was part of a large family and attended Sherwood Secondary School.
WAPO-ABC News Poll: Obama Hits News Low with 40% Approval Rating … Only 33% Among Independents … Democrats in Serious Trouble
HEY AMERICA, HOW’S THAT HOPEY-CHANGEY STUFF WORKING OUT FOR YA?
According to the most recent WAPO-ABC News poll, Barack Obama has hit an all-time low with an approval rating at 40% and a 51% disapproval. Actually, it is curious as to why it is not even lower. Among Independents, Obama only has a 33% approval. Under Obama’s watch, everything is a colossal disaster. Nothing is going good in the United States or around the world.
The US economy is a floundering mess, illegal immigration, ISIS is on the rise and now we have the October surprise of Ebola in the United States. Barack Obama polls poorly on all major political issues as we are week’s ahead of the November midterm elections and early voting has begun in some states.
Can you say EPIC FAILURE!!!
Heading into the final weeks of the midterm campaign, the political landscape continues to tilt in favor of the Republican Party, with President Obama’s overall approval rating at the lowest level of his presidency and GOP voters signaling greater likelihood than Democrats that they will cast ballots, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.
Americans are looking to November and beyond with dissatisfaction about the state of the country and the political leadership in Washington. Two-thirds say the country is seriously off-track. And while more than 6 in 10 say the president lacks a clear plan for governing, …
See all polling data HERE.
The overall job approval rating average is not much better for Obama. According to RCP, only 42.0% approve, while 52.4% disapprove.
Barack Obama and his political party are heading into the midterm elections in trouble. The president’s 40 percent job approval rating in a new ABC News/Washington Post poll is the lowest of his career – and the Democratic Party’s popularity is its weakest in polling back 30 years, with more than half of Americans seeing the party unfavorably for the first time.
The Republican Party is even more unpopular. But benefitting from their supporters’ greater likelihood of voting, GOP candidates nonetheless hold a 50-43 percent lead among likely voters for U.S. House seats in the Nov. 4 election.
Posted October 16, 2014 by Scared Monkeys
Approval Rating, Barack Obama, Community Agitator, Epic Fail, Iraq, Islamist, Jihad, Leading from Behind, Lost in Smallness, Mexico, Misleader, Polls, Russia, Scandal, Terrorism, The Lying King, US National Security, WAPO-ABC News, War on Terror, West Africa | 5 comments
CBS ‘Face the Nation’: USA Today’s Susan Page Says American People Sense That Obama Administration “Not Competent” and Will Factor In November Midterm Elections
OBAMA ADMINISTRATION NOT COMPETENT ENOUGH TO PROTECT AMERICANS …
During this morning’s CBS “Face the Nation’, USA Today’s Washington Bureau Chief Susan Page stated to the panel that the American people sense that the Obama administration is not competent enough to protect them from things like ISIS, Ebola and even the recent Secret Service incompetence this will have a major factor in the 2014 midterm elections in November.
“You know, both of these stories, the Ebola virus and the threat from ISIS are feeding into a sense that a lot of Americans have that the world is not only a dangerous place but that government is not competent to handle it. […] I think that is a very dangerous thing for President Obama. The sense that his administration is not competent to protect the American people that is the most fundamental job of a US president. I think it is a big factor in the midterm elections.”
SICK, JUST SICK … BUT THAT IS WHAT TERRORISM IS.
Rhode Island police are stating that they have received a chilling letter with the threat to behead elementary school students in Warwick, Cranston and Johnston. The threat is being taken seriously by police. Many parents are taking the letter serious as well, as they have taken their children out of school and had them stay home. Johnston police received the anonymous threat by mail on Tuesday.
Warwick’s police chief says a threat to elementary school students in three communities mentioned beheading.
Col. Steven McCartney tells WPRO-AM that the threat specified that “beheading is planned.” He called the nature of the threat targeting children in Warwick, Cranston and Johnston chilling.
“There was a specific mention of elementary schools in this letter, the other thing which was the specific type of threat, which was beheading, is planned,” McCartney told WPRO.
Johnston police received the anonymous threat by mail on Tuesday. Police say officers will be at every school in Johnston, Cranston and Warwick through Friday.
Also Wednesday, state Rep. Deborah Fellela, who represents Johnston, said she plans to introduce a bill that would make it a felony to threaten students in Rhode Island with physical harm. The legislation provides for a sentence of up to 20 years in prison and $100,000 in fines. A judge also could order that restitution be paid to any municipality that responds to a threat.
EXIT THOUGHTS … What is the preferred weapon of choice by Islamist terrorist when beheading innocents? A knife of course. You know the old saying, “don’t bring a knife to a gun fight”. These terror threats against children are just another wake up call to make sure that there is an individual on the premises who is armed and ready to protect.
Former Defense & CIA Director Leon Panetta Says … From Beginning, I Thought Benghazi Was a “Terrorist Attack”
Former Defense & CIA Director Leon Panetta in an interview with NBC Today stated that from the beginning, he thought the attack on the Benghazi consulate on September 11, 2012 was a “Terrorist Attack”. But of course that did not go along with Barack Obama’s reelection narrative that Al-Qaeda was on the run. Instead, Obama and his minions would blame the attack on a video. Lately, Panetta has been highly critical of Obama. It is just too bad he did not speak up or resign at the time out of principle. But as Panaetta’s buddy Hillary Clinton says, “What difference does it make?”
“You know, I didn’t have any specific information but, the fact was, when you bring grenade launchers to a demonstration there’s something else going on. And, I just from the very beginning sensed that this was an attack. This was a terrorist attack.”
Posted October 8, 2014 by Scared Monkeys
2012 Elections, Act of War, al-Qaeda, assasination, Barack Obama, Benghazi-Gate, CIA, David Petraeus, Epic Fail, Gutter Politics, Islamist, Jihad, Libyan Consulate - Amb. Stevens, Misleader, Murder, Obamanation, Radical Islam, Terrorism, The Lying King, Transparency, War on Terror, WTF, You Tube - VIDEO | one comment