OJ Simpson Heads to Court Monday Seeking “Hail Mary Motion,” a Writ of Habeas Corpus, Stating Bad Representation Should Reverse his Conviction and New Trial Ordered
He’s baaack, like a bad penny.
O.J. Simpson will return to court in Las Vegas, Nevada in and attempt to seek a “Hail Mary” motion, better known as a writ of Habeas Corpus. The motion claims that OJ had such bad representation during his first trial that his conviction should be reversed and a new trial ordered. In 2008 Simpson was convicted on armed robbery and kidnapping charges and sent to prison after “The Juice” participated in a bizarre hotel room robbery, claiming he was trying to get back personal memorabilia that he claimed was stolen from him. Simpson was found guilty as the “glove fit” this time and is presently serving 9 to 33 years for the crimes.
Simpson has filed 19 claims of ineffective counsel and attorney conflict of interest in the 2008 case. Simpson contends his trial attorney never told him about a plea bargain that had been offered by prosecutors. He also said in a sworn statement that the same attorney knew about the memorabilia sting before it happened, and “he advised me that I was within my legal rights.”
Simpson is expected to testify sometime during the week-long hearing.
Too bad this verdict did not happen in a Los Angles, CA court room
Most defendants lose these motions, but in this case nobody is taking bets on the outcome. When it comes to O.J Simpson, who knows?
Nothing is the same when O.J. is involved,” said Loyola Law School professor Laurie Levenson, who observed Simpson’s Los Angeles trial. “An O.J. case is never like any other case.”
Simpson was famously acquitted on murder charges related to the death of his ex-wife and her friend in a 1995 trial that captivated the nation. When he was sentenced in 2008, Clark County District Court Judge Jackie Glass, referencing the murder trial, said that her penalty was not intended as “retribution or any payback for anything else.”
Doesn’t OJ Simpson know, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas? Including criminals found guilty. For some one who got away with murder, Simpson should count his lucky stars that he is still breathing and has a possibility of getting parole.
Daily Commentary – Tuesday, April 16, 2013 – NC Home Invasion Ends With the Death of 2 of the Suspects
- Two others are wanted in the robbery, Gorminie Campbell and Derek Rashaun Hair
Daily Commentary – Tuesday, April 16, 2013 Download
Who Says that AR-15 Assault -Style Weapons are not for Self Defense … Security Guard Uses AR-15 to Fend Off Armed Holdup (VIDEO)
So AR-15 Assault -Style Weapons are not for Self Defense, eh?
So much for the myth that President Barack Obama and Democrats are trying spread to the American public that assault-style rifles like the AR-15 are not for self defense or protection. Check out the VIDEO below of a surveillance film where a security guard fends off two armed robbers of a tax preparation business with an AR-15 in Inkster, Michigan. What prevents an armed robbery with two individuals with hand guns … an AR-15 of course. It is the Democrats who are trying to pass off to the American public that there is no need for such a gun like an AR-15. Really, don’t tell the people who were saved by the fire power in the video below. So much for there is no reason to have one of these types of guns that Democrats are looking to take away from law abiding citizens with their assault weapons ban. Instead, Democrats want to make folks victims to bad guys by unarming the innocent.
From The Blaze:
Dramatic surveillance footage out of the Detroit area shows the heart-stopping moment when a gun-wielding couple stormed into a tax business and started shooting — and a security guard pulled out an AR-15 and drove them away.
The security guard suffered a non-life-threatening wound to the leg and the suspects got away, but otherwise no one was seriously injured in the shootout.
It happened Thursday at a converted home business in Inkster, Mich. A man and woman armed with handguns showed up at the door and announced a holdup, despite the security vehicle parked outside, WJBK-TV reported. The receptionist had gone up to greet them, with the business owner sitting in a chair in the corner. Surveillance footage shows the male suspect pointing a gun at the receptionist’s head, and the security guard scrambling in the back office for the rifle.
So who are you going to believe that assault-style weapons are used for protection and self defense, other than just the MSM covered killings, the Democrats or your lying eyes?
Its becoming a predictable trend …
A second home has now been burglarized and guns stolen in the wake of the Journal News gun map. Once again Journal News, I hope you are proud of yourselves. The guns that were stolen in New City included a .45-caliber Colt revolver and a .22-caliber Iver Johnson. Cash, U.S. savings bonds and jewelry were also stolen. What is going to happen when guns stolen from law abiding gun owners as a result of the Journal News’ map are used in the course of another crime?
Two handguns and two pistol permits were stolen from the New City home of a man whose name and address are listed on the website of a local newspaper as possessing gun permits, police said.
The thieves ransacked the house Wednesday night, breaking into two safes on the home’s third floor and stealing a third safe. The guns were in the stolen safe, police said.
Clarkstown police said they had no evidence the burglary was connected to the controversial map.
“The burglary is still under investigation, and there are no facts to support this correlation at this time,” Clarkstown Sgt. Joanne Fratianni said in a statement. “If the investigation develops further information, it will be released accordingly.”
Hope the Journal News is Happy .. Elderly Gun Owner’s Home Outed By NY Newspaper Is Burglarized to Steal his Guns … What a Coincidence His Name and Address was Just Published
Who didn’t see this one coming?
It was only a matter of time, a White Plains elder man’s home was robbed whose residence, name and guns he owned was shamefully published on the web by the Journal News. The burglars targeted the man’s gun safe. What a coincidence, eh? As reported on the video at Newsday, neighbors stated that they cannot even remember the last time there was a break in/robbery in their community. Yet another coincidence after the liberal Journal News outed law abiding citizens and published their addresses and the guns they owned and put them in harms way.
I hope the folks at the Journal News are proud of themselves. Thanks for making law abiding citizens and individuals who follow the rules at risk to the scum of America. Those who criticized the Journal News for doing this outrageous action said that they had violated these individual’s privacy and subjected them to danger. Looks like they were 100% correct.
A White Plains residence pinpointed on a controversial handgun permit database was burglarized Saturday, and the burglars’ target was the homeowner’s gun safe.
At least two burglars broke into a home on Davis Avenue at 9:30 p.m. Saturday but were unsuccessful in an attempt to open the safe, which contained legally owned weapons, according to a law enforcement source. One suspect was taken into custody, the source said.
The gun owner was not home when the burglary occurred, the source said. The victim, who is in his 70s, told Newsday on Sunday that he did not want to comment while the police investigation continues.
Police are investigating what role, if any, the database played in the burglars’ decision to target the home, the law enforcement source said.
White Plains police Lt. Eric Fischer confirmed that a burglary occurred but would not release further information Sunday.
The burglary is being investigated by the police, one suspect has been arrested.
Mums the word these days from the Journal News is explaining themselves as to why the outed law abiding Americans who had committed no crime. What will they say when some one is killed thanks to their irresponsible journalism?
What if Obama Had Taken Her Gun Away … Georgia Mom Hid her Two 9 Year Old Twins & Shot Intruder, Paul Ali Slater, During Home Invasion
HERO FEMALE GUN OWNER PROTECTS FAMILY AGAINST DIRT BAG CRIMINAL. Just curious America … what would have happened if Barack Obama and Democrats had taken this woman’s gun and 2nd Amendment Rights away?
A 37 year old Georgia mom hid her two 9 year old twins in a closet and shot an intruder, Paul Ali Slater, six times during a home invasion. The mom and her children hid in the closet and when the intruder opened the door, she opened fire and hit the useless piece of waste with 5 shots to his face and neck area. The intruder attempted to flee the scene in his car.; however, he crashed into a wooded area and collapsed in a neighbor’s driveway. He was arrested at the scene.
A Georgia mother hid her two 9-year-old twins and shot an intruder, Paul Ali Slater, several times during a home invasion on Friday, according to multiple media reports.
The Loganville mother said she didn’t initially answer when someone knocked on her door around 1 p.m. Friday. When the visitor began repeatedly ringing the doorbell, she called her husband at work, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
He then dialed 911 and his 37-year-old wife gathered their 9-year-old twins and hid them in a crawlspace inside the home.
According to the report, the intruder then forced his way into the home and started “rummaging” through the family’s belongings.
When the suspect went into the closet where the family was hiding ,the woman fired six bullets at the suspect, five of which hit alleged suspect Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area.
BRAVO TO THIS PISTOL PACKING MOM!!! Watch the video link above and you will need to hear nothing more when it comes to why Americans have a right to bear arms. God only knows what would have happened if this woman and her children had to wait until police arrived. But Barack Obama and Democrats do not care. They want to exploit the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting and go after all guns. As reported at TPM, ‘White House Plans To Overwhelm NRA With Rapid Victory’. Because this is what an exploitive government does. They take away rights and liberties of the people based upon unfounded emotion.
AMERICA … WAKE THE HELL UP!!! Do you not understand that the very reason why Our Founders provided “We the People” a Bill of Rights, not a Bill of Needs was to protect us from a very government that would dare take away said rights?
The White House and gun control supporters are gearing up for a whirlwind month, with plans to pass reform legislation before outrage over the Sandy Hook massacre has a chance to fade.
While the fiscal cliff has dominated Washington’s attention in recent weeks, lawmakers and activists are laying the groundwork for their big push. Vice President Joe Biden, tasked with heading a commission to investigate gun violence, has been quietly meeting with experts, interest groups, and public officials and is expected to release a set of recommendations within weeks. Boston mayor Thomas Menino, co-chair of Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns, told the Boston Herald this week that an optimistic Biden had assured him that Obama would sign legislation “by the end of January.”
Don’t do the crime, if you can’t do the time no matter at what age.
A trio of 13 year old boys have been arrested and are facing robbery charges in connection with the armed robbery of a Walgreens in Wisconsin. What were they trying to steal … condoms and candy of course. Good grief. What a future these three boys have. According to police, each of the three boys were booked into Madison’s Juvenile Reception Center on a multitude of charges, including armed robbery, retail theft, and carrying a concealed weapon.
Cops reported that the boys, whose names were withheld due to their ages, were confronted by a manager when he spotted them trying to boost the candy. After following the trio outside the Walgreens, the man told police, “at least two, and maybe all three, of the boys brandished knives.”
Additionally, one of the teens threw a stolen $15 package of condoms at the store manager, while another boy shouted, “Don’t you call the (expletive) police!”
I guess there really is no honor among thieves …
As if the victims of Hurricane Sandy have not gone through and lost enough. Now it is being reported that storm victims in New York City and some of the most devastated areas have had their homes looted as well over Thanksgiving. One of the areas reporting looting is the Breezy Point section of Queens, NY that was one of the most devastated areas where hundreds of people lost their homes. Now we learn that others were robbed and looted on Wednesday or Thursday when many residents were away for the holiday.
Some residents of a New York City neighborhood that suffered fire and flooding during Superstorm Sandy say thieves looted their damaged houses over Thanksgiving.
The New York Post reports that thieves struck at least three homes in the Breezy Point section of Queens.
The Post reports that there were 14 home break-ins in Breezy Point from Nov. 12 to Nov. 18. There were none during the same period last year.
- The thieves use newspaper obituaries to target homes of people who’d just died, breaking into their homes during their funeral
Daily Commentary – Monday, October 15, 2012 Download
I guess there really is no honor amongst thieves …
A three year old boy, Harvey Hernandez, was mugged while he was being pushed in his stroller by his mother in the lobby of their Bedford-Stuyvesant apartment building. The thug and his accomplice ripped a $400 gold chain off the neck of a 3 year old boy and the mother feared that they might have kidnapped her son if it were not for neighbors who were alerted by her screams. According to accounts, the two thugs had stalked the family back to their apartment from the laundry. What kind a creep would steel “candy from a baby?”
Things are getting so rough in the Big Apple that even toddlers are getting mugged.
A cruel thug ripped a $400 gold chain off the neck of a 3-year-old boy who was sitting in his stroller and being pushed by his mom in Bedford-Stuyvesant in Brooklyn on Tuesday, law-enforcement sources said.
The crook and an accomplice attacked tot Harvey Hernandez in the lobby of his family’s Malcolm X Boulevard apartment building at 11:45 p.m. after following him, his teenage brother and mom Riyana Guerrero home from a Laundromat.
“I was screaming ‘Let go of my baby! Let go of my baby!’” the mom told The Post in Spanish yesterday.