Spanish Police Shoot 5 Terror Suspects Dead Following Terror Van Rampage in Barcelona, Spain

SPANISH POLICE THWART ANOTHER TERRORIST VAN ATTACK IN SPAIN

Reuters is reporting that Spanish police have killed five would-be terrorist attackers after confronting them early on Friday in a town south of Barcelona. Just hours earlier Islamic terrorists drove a van into crowds of people killing 14 and severely injuring hundreds. According to reports, the five men attempted to drive into tourists on the Cambrils seafront. Their vehicle overturned and some of these terrorists got out of the vehicle and began stabbing people. Thankfully, four were shot dead at the scene and the fifth was killed a few hundred meters away by police. Obviously, this attempted terror attack in Cambrils is connected to the one that occurred earlier in the day in Barcelona.

Spanish police shot dead five would-be attackers after confronting them early on Friday in a town south of Barcelona where hours earlier a suspected Islamist militant drove a van into crowds, killing 13 people and wounding scores of others.

Islamic State said the perpetrators had been responding to its call for action by carrying out Thursday’s rampage along Barcelona’s most famous avenue, which was thronged with tourists enjoying an afternoon stroll at the peak of the summer season.

Bodies, many motionless, were left strewn across the avenue and authorities said the toll of dead, which included several children, could rise, with more than 100 injured.

Hours later in the early hours of Friday, as security forces hunted for the van’s driver, police said they killed five suspects in Cambrils, 120 km (75 miles) south along the coast from Barcelona, to thwart a separate attack.

The five men attempted to drive into tourists on the Cambrils seafront, police said. Their car overturned and some of them began stabbing people. Four were shot dead at the scene and the fifth was killed a few hundred meters away, police said.

Police said they had arrested a Moroccan and a man from Spain’s north African enclave of Melilla, though neither was the driver of the van. He was seen escaping on foot and was still at large. A third man was arrested in the town of Ripoll on Friday.

Spain Terror Attacks in Barcelona: Van Plows Through Crowded Tourist Area,13 Killed and 100 Injured (VIDEO)

TERROR ATTACK IN SPAIN …

Dozens of people are reportedly injured and dead after a van slammed into the crowded Las Ramblas tourist hotspot in Barcelona, Spain. It is being reported that 13 people have been killed an up to 100 injured in the terror attack. A white van drove through crowd of people swerving from side to side purposely trying to mow down as many individuals as possible. ISIS has since claimed responsibility for the attack. From what it appears, this was not a lone wolf terror attack, it was perpetrated by a terror cell. Sadly, the death toll has risen to 14.

Barcelona Terror Attack: 13 Dead, Dozens Injured – NBC Nightly News

A manhunt was underway for the driver of a van that mowed through crowds of tourists on Barcelona’s most famous avenue on Thursday, killing at least 13 people in an attack that was claimed by Islamic State.

Authorities said the death toll could rise, with more than 100 people injured, some seriously.

Police said they arrested two men, a Moroccan and a man from Spain’s north African enclave of Melilla, though neither was the driver. Witnesses said the driver fled on foot.

It was still not clear how many attackers had been involved.

Hours beforehand, one person was killed in an explosion in a house in a town southwest of Barcelona, in an incident linked to the attack, police added. Residents of the house were preparing explosives, a police source said.

As the manhunt continued into the night, police said several attackers were killed in a shootout during an operation against what they called a possible “terror attack” in Cambrils, another town south of Barcelona.

Earlier in Barcelona, witnesses said the white van zigzagged at high speed down Las Ramblas, a busy avenue thronged with tourists, ramming pedestrians and cyclists, sending some hurtling through the air and leaving bodies strewn in its wake.

UPDATE I: At least 14 dead, 100 injured in Spain attacks, 5 ‘terrorists’ killed in police operation.

Following a deadly vehicle-ramming attack in Barcelona Thursday afternoon — which left at least 13 people killed — a police operation was carried out 90 minutes south of the city in Cambrilla, during which five “terrorists” were killed, officials said.

Police said the operation was in response to a “possible terrorist attack.”

Five “terrorists” were killed in the operation, but initially officials said four people were injured and one person was wounded and detained.

On Twitter, police said they “have killed the alleged perpetrators.” Catalan police told ABC News that they believe the incident in Cambrils is related to the attack in Barcelona earlier Thursday.

Authorities confirmed early Friday morning, the explosive belts carried by the alleged terrorists, were fake.

“We work on the hypothesis that the terrorists killed in Cambrils would be related to the events in Barcelona and Alcanar,” police said. Alcanar is the location of the earlier deadly house explosion that police said was believed to be connected to the Barcelona plot.

More Updates HERE.

U.S. State Department Issues Travel Alert for Europe Beacause of Threat of Terrorist Attacks

One would have thought this would have already been in effect …

The U.S State Department has issued a travel alert for Europe due to the continued threat of terrorist attacks. With the continued terrorist acts throughout Europe, one wonders whether this is the new norm for the old continent?

terrorism-europe2

In the alert, the State Department cited recent incidents in France, Russia, Sweden and the United Kingdom and said Islamic State and al Qaeda “have the ability to plan and execute terrorist attacks in Europe.”

The State Department’s previous travel alert for Europe, issued ahead of the winter holiday season, expired in February. A State Department official said Monday’s alert was not prompted by a specific threat, but rather recognition of the continuing risk of attacks especially ahead of the summer holidays. The alert expires on Sept. 1.

Malls, government facilities, hotels, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, parks, airports and other locations are all possible targets for attacks, the State Department’s alert said.

Full travel warning alert can be read HERE.

Islamist Berlin Terror Suspect Anis Amri Shot and Killed in Milan, Italy

THE MANHUNT IS OVER … ISLAMIST TERRORIST  RESPONSIBLE FOR BERLIN CHRISTMAS MARKET ATTACK IS KILLED!!!

Anis Amri, the 24-year-old Tunisian has been shot and killed by police in Milan, Italy. The terrorist suspect responsible for the deadly Berlin Christmas market attack has been soot dead in the Sesto San Giovanni district of the northern Italian city.

The terrorist behind Monday’s deadly attack on a Berlin Christmas market swore allegiance to ISIS before dying in a wee-hours shootout with police in Milan Friday, some some 675 miles from the scene of Monday’s carnage.

Anis Amri, the 24-year-old Tunisian whose monstrous attack sparked a 72-hour manhunt and raised questions about Germany’s inability to come to grips with radicals among its burgeoning refugee population, was killed in the Sesto San Giovanni district of the northern Italian city, police said.

Before his death, Amri pledged his allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and called for jihadists to take revenge on “crusaders” bombing Muslims, a video posted on Islamic State’s Amaq news agency showed. It was not clear if the video was made before or after the Berlin attack.

Video released of the Berlin Christmas market terrorist suspect Anis Amri pledging allegiance to ISIS.

Video has emerged of the Berlin Christmas market attack suspect Anis Amri pledging allegiance to ISIS. The footage emerged hours after he was killed in an early-morning shootout in Milan on Friday morning.

The Tunisian man, who has been the subject of a Europe-wide manhunt since Monday’s market attack in which 12 people were killed, was stopped in Sesto San Giovanni — a district in the northeastern part of Milan — just after 3am local time, Italian police said on Twitter.

A video released Friday on ISIS-affiliated website, Amaq, shows Amri pledging allegiance to the group’s leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. He does not refer to Monday’s attack.
When the man was asked for his papers by Italian police, he pulled a .22 calibre gun out of his backpack and fired at them.

ISIS Claims Reponsibility for Terror Truck Attack at Christmas Market in Berlin,Germany That Killed 12 People

GERMANY ROCKED BY TERRORISM …

The German manhunt continues as they look for a Tunisian asylum-seeker in deadly Christmas market attack. A terrorist driving a hijacked truck rammed into a crowded Christmas market in central Berlin on Monday evening, killing 12 people and injuring nearly 50. According to accounts, German police found identity papers inside the truck used in this week’s deadly assault of a Tunisian asylum-seeker. ISIS has taken responsibility for the terror attack.

German police mounted a manhunt for a Tunisian asylum-seeker whose identity papers were found inside the truck used in this week’s deadly assault on a Berlin Christmas market, two senior law enforcement officials said Wednesday.

The officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive case, said investigators discovered the man’s documents in the cabin of the truck that barreled into the market on Monday, killing 12 people, wounding dozens and reigniting debates about security and immigration.

One of the two officials said the man, in his early 20s, had left his wallet in the vehicle, and his asylum documents were found inside.

Police: Truck attack that killed 12 in Berlin ‘intentional’

Police said Tuesday that the driver who rammed a truck into a crowded Christmas market in the heart of the German capital, killing at least 12 people and injuring nearly 50, did so intentionally and that they are investigating a suspected “terror attack.”

The truck struck the popular Christmas market outside the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church late Monday as tourists and locals were enjoying a traditional pre-Christmas evening out near Berlin’s Zoo station.

Support Scared Monkeys! make a donation.

 
 
  • NEWS (breaking news alerts or news tips)
  • Red (comments)
  • Dugga (technical issues)
  • Dana (radio show comments)
  • Klaasend (blog and forum issues)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Close
E-mail It