Trenton, NJ Hostage Standoff Over: 38 Year Old Suspect Gerald Tyrone Murphy Shot to Death by Officers
Hostage standoff in Trenton, NJ is over with some disturbing preliminary findings …
The hostage stand off in Trenton, NJ came to an end early Sunday morning when officers shot and killed 38 year old suspect Gerald Tyrone Murphy. In the end after this 36 hour standoff, three are dead, including the hostage taker, 44 year old Carmelita Stevens, the mother of the children, and a young boy about 13 years old. According to police, a preliminary investigation found that Carmelita Stevens and her son were killed approximately two weeks ago. Also killed was the suspect, identified as Gerald “Skip” Murphy. Three children were rescued from the home, a 4-year old boy, and 16 and 18 year-old girls, who are being treated at a local hospital.
Police say the bodies of a woman and a 13-year-old boy have been found after a days-long standoff in New Jersey, and a suspect was killed in the rescue of three children inside the home.
Authorities said at a news conference Sunday that officers stormed the house and shot 38-year-old Gerald Tyrone Murphy because he was threatening one of the children. Murphy later died of his injuries.
The standoff ended at 3:45 a.m. Sunday, about 37 hours after it began. Murphy had been holed-up in a two-story red brick house in South Trenton since Friday afternoon.
Stand Off Continues as Armed Man With Child Hostages Barricaded Inside South Trenton, New Jersey Home (Killed Girlfriend & One Child) … Family Member ID Deceased Woman as Carmen Kelly (Update: Standoff Over)
The Hostage Standoff Continues in Trenton, NJ …
As reported by Reuters, an armed man with multiple hostages remained barricaded inside his South Ward home in Trenton, New Jersey, on Saturday after a standoff with law enforcement negotiators overnight. On Friday, officers were checking on the house. Police were called to the home before 3 p.m. Friday on reports that a man had barricaded himself inside and had discovered the partially decomposed body of the man’s girlfriend. However, they pulled back when they saw he had a gun. The Times of Trenton reported that one of the woman’s children was killed and that the man was holding three more of her children inside the house.
The newspaper also reported that one of the woman’s children was killed and that the man was holding three more of her children inside the house. A fifth child, age 19, was reportedly safe at another location with relatives.
Trenton Police Lieutenant Edelmiro Gonzalez told Reuters late on Friday that officers responding for a wellness check on someone at the house on Friday afternoon had encountered a man who barricaded himself inside.
He declined to confirm the girlfriend’s death or whether anyone else in the house had been killed. The identity of the suspect has not been released.
UPDATE I: The hostage sstandoff has now continued for over 20 hours. The man’s identity has not yet been released; however, State police were assisting in the response by providing a SWAT team, arson bomb unit, K-9 bomb unit, and hostage negotiators, said Sgt. Adam Grossman.
UPDATE II: 2 dead in New Jersey hostage standoff.
Law enforcement sources told The Times the suspect, who is not the father of the children, killed their mother and her fourth child prior to police arrival. A family member identified the woman as Carmen Kelly, 42, a mother of five.
Her cousin, Ray Kelly, said she had been living at the house on the 200 block of Grand Street with the man for about two months with her children.
Carmen Kelly’s oldest child, a 19-year-old autistic son, is safe with relatives, Ray Kelly said. Carmen Kelly also has two daughters, ages 17 and 14, along with a son in his early teens and a 4-year-old boy. Ray Kelly had not been told which of the children had been killed.
UPDATE III: After 3-day standoff with gunman in Trenton, 3 kids safe. Press Conference to take place Sunday morning.
A standoff with an armed man who took multiple hostages inside a Trenton home has ended, and three children are safe, police said early Sunday.
“The Trenton hostage situation is resolved, the three children are safe, and the area is secure,” state police Sgt. Adam Grossman told The Associated Press, delivering a joint statement also from Trenton police and county prosecutors.
Grossman said the standoff ended at 3:45 a.m. Sunday but refused to reveal any more details, including how it ended, what became of the gunman, any information about the children, and if there were any other hostages.
IT IS OVER … Suspect Alive and in Custody, Authorities Arrest Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect #2 Dzhokar Tsarnaev … Residents Cheer Police over Arrest of Suspect
IT IS ALL OVER IN WATERTOWN, MA … AUTHORITIES HAVE SUSPECT ALIVE AND IN CUSTODY!!!
Boston Marathon bombing suspect #2, Dzhokar Tsarnaev, is in police custody. After a long stand off following a flurry of gun fire, authorities have got their man and the hunt is over. The residents of Watertown, Boston and all the surrounding towns can now breath of sigh of relief as the federal, state and local authorities have arrested 19 year old Dzhokar Tsarnaev. Kudos to law enforcement. It is quite remarkable if one thinks about it. Just 4 days ago, Monday, on Patriots Day two bombs went off at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. Three people were killed, 8 year old Martin Richard`, 29 year old Krystle Campbell and Boston University Chinese graduate student Lu Lingzi and over 176 injured, some severely. Tonight, we have one suspect in custody and another won’t be down for breakfast. KUDOS to the hard work of law enforcement … a job well done.
Watertown residents cheer the arrest of Suspect #2 Dzhokar Tsarnaev
From NBC News: “CAPTURED!!! The hunt is over. The search is done. The terror is over. And justice has won,” the Boston Police Department said on its Twitter account. The public cheers the police
The Boston Marathon bombing suspect was captured wounded but alive Friday night after police found him in a boat in a suburban backyard following a bloody rampage and a daylong manhunt, law enforcement sources said.
The arrest of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, ended five days of terror from the double bombing at the marathon finish line, which killed three people, wounded 176 and left the city of Boston on edge.
“We got him,” Boston Mayor Tom Menino tweeted.
“CAPTURED!!! The hunt is over. The search is done. The terror is over. And justice has won,” the Boston Police Department said on its Twitter account.
Cops cheered as the suspect was taken into custody in Watertown, Mass. just before 9 p.m., and residents flooded the streets, some chanting, “USA!”
LET THIS BE A MESSAGE TO TERRORISTS, YOU WILL LOSE, WE WILL FIND YOU, WE WILL KILL YOU AND WE WILL HAVE JUSTICE!!!!
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, Boston Marathon Suspect #2 Reported Down at 67 Franklin Street in Watertown, MA … Now Reported Still Alive, Hiding in a Boat in Back Yard (Update: Suspect in Custody)
BREAKING NEWS: Twenty minutes after tonight’s Boston bombing press conference, a flurry of shots fired were fired in Watertown, Massachusetts. There are conflicting resorts from sources. Some are saying that the suspect is down. Other are saying that the suspect is cornered and hiding in a boat in the back yard of 67 Franklin Street in Watertown. It is being confirmed that the suspect is alive, but wounded in the boat in the back yard of this property. It was reported that 20 to 30 shots were fired by police; however, now there is quiet. How ironic, at tonight’s news conference, the authorities told the public that they were sorry they could not find and arrest the suspect #2 following last nights shoot out. Then, just 20 minutes later, all that changed. Kudos to a vigilant public. According to reports, the shed and the boat at this location had been searched earlier, but a woman noticed a door to it had been opened, saw blood and called police. She may have just ended the search for suspect #2 by her actions.
Do you know what that sound is Dzhokhar Tsarnaev? Its the sound of inevitability.
WITNESS VIDEO – Boston Suspect #2 Shot in Boat in Watertown Backyard
A barrage of gunshots erupted in Watertown, Mass., shortly after 7 p.m. Friday, with preliminary reports indicating that police had finally cornered Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19.
The flurry of activity came less than an hour after Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick ended a Boston-area lockdown early Friday evening after a massive, day-long search of suburban Watertown, which seemingly failed to flush out the teenager.
Shortly after the gunshots, media reports indicated a body had been found in a boat or canoe in a residential backyard. but that had yet to be confirmed by police.
It’s only a matter of time for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev … we will refer to suspect #2 as NEXT
UPDATE I: Suspect #2 is in a standoff with police following the gunfire at 67 Franklin Ave.
UPDATE II: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, suspect # 2 is surrounded by police. SWAT is about to send a robot in to check whether the suspect is still alive and whether there are any explosive devices.
The second suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing is believed to be “surrounded” after gunfire broke out from a boat or shed behind a house in the Watertown section of Boston.
Sources told Fox News a suspect was “down,” but later said he was alive and surrounded. A neighbor described the sound of as many as 30 shots as akin to “a roll of firecrackers shooting off,” and said blood was found on the door of a shed, or on a trailered boat near it behind a home on Franklin Street.
“All hell broke loose,” the neighbor told a MyFox Boston reporter.
UPDATE III: IT IS OVER … SUSPECT #2 IS IN CUSTODY!!!
From the Boston Globe,
More updates and news accounts can be found at Scared Monkeys Forum: Boston Marathon Bombings.
Former LAPD Officer Christopher Dorner Presumed Dead after Gun Battle with Police and Fire Engulfs Cabin he Was Barricaded In
IT HAS COME TO A FIREY, DEADLY END …
The man hunt and stand off with former LA police officer Christopher Dorner who went on a killing spree murdering four individuals. including two police officers, is over. The stand off ended Tuesday at a mountain cabin in Big Bear in a gun battle and fire the engulfed the cabin where Dorner barricaded himself inside. Christopher Dorner is presumed dead. Early reports from multiple sources of a body found in the cabin were said to be premature as the cabin was too hot to investigate. However, later according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Office, investigators found charred human remains in the burned out cabin’s debris. Although they are considered to belong to cop killer Christopher Dorner, forensic test need to be done in order to confirm it. The LA PD and their families can rest easier today as this lunatic, hell bent on revenge and killing those he presumed responsible for his lot in life and their families is dead. Christopher Dorner won’t be down for breakfast.
Christopher Dorner – DEAD
The manhunt for a former Los Angeles police officer suspected of going on a killing spree converged may have ended Tuesday at a mountain cabin where authorities believe he barricaded himself inside, engaged in a shootout that killed a deputy, and then never emerged as the home went up in flames.
Investigators found charred human remains in the burned out cabin’s debris, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Office, which said forensic techniques would be used to try to identify the body.
CBS News correspondent John Miller says two law enforcement sources tell him authorities are confident the body is that of fugitive Christopher Dorner, 33. Their confidence was based on the facts that the man who stole a truck fit Dormer’s description, that the same man was chased to the cabin, that he tossed a green smoke grenade at officers from inside the cabin and used a 50 caliber weapon to fire on them.
Based on the fact that the house was surrounded and no one was seen fleeing, Miller adds, authorities feel the body is indeed that of Dorner.
VIDEO of Gun Battle with police from CBS News (local TV station gets up close and personal in the midst of the gun battle)
Fire broke out in the cabin after law enforcement made their assault on the cabin, the L.A. TImes reports that “police had broken down windows, pumped in tear gas and blasted a loud speaker urging Dorner to surrender. When they got no response, police deployed a vehicle to rip down the walls of the cabin ‘one by one, like peeling an onion,’ a law enforcement official said.” When authorities reached the last wall, they heard a single gunshot. Gunshots were later heard, likely due to the fire engulfing the cabin. Some reports presume that Dorner was burned alive. I hardly doubt it. The single gun shot was most likely a single self inflicted death blow to Dorner, favorite act of cowards everywhere when they know the gig is up.
More VIDEO of events and reports on the scene.
UPDATE I: From Breitbart.com, the LEFTIST Dorner supporters on Twitter cheer on the cop killer as he battles police … GO DORNER GO!!! What a bunch of sick twisted people that would support and defend the senseless murdering of innocent people. More at Twitch.com, #TeamDorner cretins root for Dorner to kill more police officers during gunfight. UNBELIEVABLE.
UPDATE II: From Info Wars comes VIDEO and audio of police chatter discussing the siege of the cabin and setting the burners, code for tear gas … LAPD Audio From Dorner Siege: “Burn This Motherf*cker”. Alex Jones seems to be upset that the police “pulled a WACO” on a cop killer to silence him forever. Really dude, do you really think that this was going to end in an arrest? The delusional, conspiracy theorist best put his tinfoil hat back on. When the fire started, the cop killer could have come out of the cabin and surrender. Instead, Dorner most likely committed suicide. Most likely the autopsy will show this; however, the Dorner supporters will say that is all part of the Man’s conspiracy as well.
The LAPD has pulled a Waco. Barely two hours after ordering the media to remove their helicopters from the area and cut all live feeds, the LAPD managed to set fire to the cabin occupied by Christopher Dorner and burn him alive inside it, according to media reports.
Mission accomplished for the LAPD, an organization that has run its manhunt more like a rampaging street gang than a professional police department. As Natural News has already documented, LAPD officers have engaged in attempted murder of innocent citizens in their freakish frenzy to try to kill Dorner.
Their motive explains why LAPD officers fired tear gas into the cabin where Dorner was staying, knowing it would ignite flammable materials in the home and set the place on fire.
Long Island high school locked down over lime green nerf gun.
The Elmont Memorial high school on Long Island, NY was in lock down for hours and SWAT was called after a individual called 911 and said she saw a suspicious teen wearing a black jacket, carrying a black backpack and carrying a lime green gun. REALLY, a lime green gun? This is the hysteria we find ourselves in following the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting. Of course it is better to be safe than sorry; however, a lime green gun? Anyone with any gun common sense would surmise it was a toy. Is it possible that some one would spray paint a real gun lime green, maybe. However, in doing so would probably render the gun inoperable. Check out the other menacing Nerf toy weapons.
I guess Obama will add the Nerf toy gun to the banned list as it looks like an assault-style gun
A lime-green Nerf toy gun caused an hours-long lock-down at a Long Island school on Tuesday.
A 911 caller told Nassau County Police she saw a suspicious teen at about 7:38 a.m. Tuesday wearing a black jacket and carrying a black backpack at Elmont Memorial high School in Elmont.
The caller said he was also carrying a lime green gun.
A SWAT team searched the school room by room. Parents were allowed to pick up their children early Tuesday afternoon.
SWAT eventually found the toy lime green and yellow lever action Nerf gun in a student locker. Police made no arrests and the lockdown was lifted. This is shocking, with New York’s new gun laws I would have thought that because the lime green toy looked like an assault-style weapon, it in fact would have been considered lethal. What, no possession of a Nerf gun charges were not made? Sadly, like following 911 when everyone was on edge at anything that looked out of the norm and was taken to the extreme, such is the case following Sandy Hook. This is also the reason why one, namely our state and federal governments, should not be passing knee-jerk ridiculous laws in the name of safety.
SWAT Team Storms Alabama Home of Auburn Shooting Suspect Desmonte Leonard … Jeremy Thomas & Gabriel Thomas Arrested on Hindering Prosecution
The manhunt continues for Auburn, AL murder suspect Desmonte Leonard …
SWAT teams searching murder suspect Desmonte Leonard, the man charged with fatally shooting three people near Auburn University, stormed an Alabama house Monday where they believe Leonard was hiding. Police left the scene without arrests. Desmonte Leonard is wanted on three capital murder attest warrants.
Murder Suspect: Desmonte Leonard
Authorities searching for a man charged with fatally shooting three people near Auburn University swarmed a house Monday where they believe he’s hiding, firing tear gas and sending a tactical team on cautious forays inside.
The tactical team had searched the lower portions of the house and was making deliberate moves into the attic where suspect Desmonte Leonard was believed to be hiding, said Montgomery Public Safety Director Chris Murphy. He declined to give a timetable for them to bring someone out.
“We are having to slowly put our people up there and do an inch-by-inch search,” he said during a briefing several hours after police surrounded the house.
Police had hoped to flush out the person with tear gas and verbal commands, but sent in the tactical team after getting no response. They’ve used thermal imaging and other technology to narrow down what part of the attic he’s in. The attic is cramped, complicating investigators’ efforts.
Previously, Auburn police said 18 year old Jeremy S. Thomas of Montgomery, AL was charged with hindering prosecution after he fled the scene of the shooting with Desmonte Leonard. Yet another shock, this thug has a record too. Montgomery police also stated that 41 year old Gabriel Thomas was charged with hindering prosecution after having contact with Leonard after the shooting and providing false information to officers.
Jeremy Thomas, 18, of Montgomery has been charged with hindering prosecution and allegedly fled with 22-year-old Desmonte Leonard, the man police suspect in the shooting, from University Heights apartments Saturday, Auburn Police Chief Tommy Dawson said.
Dawson said Thomas is now being questioned by Auburn police officers. He said approximately 35 officers are actively working with Montgomery police and other law enforcement agencies in the search for Leonard.
The charge against Thomas comes a little less than a year after he was arrested on murder charges for the June 16, 2011, shooting death of a teen in Montgomery, according to court records. Although he was originally charged with murder, he was out on bond and is scheduled to go to trial for manslaughter next week.