James Matthew Bradley Jr, Driver Says He Didn’t Know Illegal Immigrants Were in Truck … 10 Dead, More Injured
SORRY IF I FIND THIS ONE HARD TO BELIEVE … YET ANOTHER REASON WHY THERE NEEDS TO BE BETTER BOARDER SECURITY.
As reported at CNN, James Matthew Bradley Jr., the driver of the “death” truck told authorities that he had no idea dozens of undocumented illegal immigrants were stuffed inside tractor-trailer he was hauling. In a federal complaint filed Monday, Bradley was charged under federal law with one count of “transporting illegal aliens,” a crime punishable by life imprisonment or death if the crime results in a death. To date, 8 people found in the truck were dead and 2 more died after being hospitalized. Many others were hospitalized with severe injuries and conditions.
Crowded inside of the boiling tractor-trailer, they took turns taking breaths from a hole in the semi. Some fainted. Others banged on the wall to get the driver’s attention but he kept going, one man who survived the journey told federal authorities.
The driver, James Matthew Bradley Jr. told federal investigators he had no idea dozens of undocumented immigrants were stuffed inside tractor-trailer he was hauling. The 60-year-old Florida man was charged Monday with knowingly transporting undocumented immigrants.
The assistant public federal defender who is representing Bradley couldn’t be reached for comment.
The tractor-trailer was found parked at a Walmart in San Antonio early Sunday morning after an employee at the store called police. Authorities found dozens of undocumented immigrants inside.Eight people in the truck were already dead, and two more died after being hospitalized. Dozens more were severely injured, and many will suffer from “irreversible brain damage,” the city’s fire chief said.
Bradley’s story … it should be easy enough to figure out where the haul started from and if he is lying. One of the illegals interviewed by authorities stated the following, at 9 a.m the next day, his group was picked up in a silver Chevrolet Silverado truck and taken to the trailer, which already had about 70 people inside.
“Bradley advised the officer that the trailer he was hauling had been sold and he was transporting the trailer from Schaller, Iowa, to Brownsville, Texas,” on the border with Mexico, the federal criminal complaint says. Bradley said he was delivering the truck to its new owner in Brownsville at his boss’ request, but that he was not given a time frame nor a delivery address, the complaint said.
Bradley later told authorities he was traveling to San Antonio from Laredo, Texas, after getting the tractor-trailer washed and detailed, the complaint said. After the wash at the Laredo truck stop, Bradley said he drove to the “old truck stop,” which was about 10 miles away, to have the tractor-trailer detailed and polished, the complaint said. [...]
“Bradley stated he was unaware of the contents and/or cargo,” the complaint said, until he parked the tractor-trailer at the Walmart and went outside to urinate. That’s when he heard movements in the trailer, the driver told investigators.
“Bradley said he went to open the doors and was surprised when he was run over by ‘Spanish’ people and knocked to the ground,” the complaint states.
“Bradley said he then noticed bodies just lying on the floor like meat. Bradley said he knew at least one of them was dead. Bradley said he knew the trailer refrigeration system didn’t work and that the four vent holes were probably clogged up.”
But the driver didn’t call 911, authorities said. Instead, he went back to the tractor and called his wife.
Yet another reason to increase border security, end human trafficking and these types of senseless deaths.
FBI Says … Fort Lauderdale Airport Suspect Esteban Santiago ‘Came Here Specifically’ to Attack (VIDEO)
NOTE TO FBI … THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER SERVED IF YOU HAD TOLD ALL OF THIS BEFORE THE SUSPECT GOT ON THE PLANE.
According to the FBI, the suspect in the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport shootings that left 5 people dead and many more injured came to Florida specifically to attack. How do they know this, the suspect reportedly told them during the investigation. However, this is not the first time that the suspect and the FBI have crossed paths. The FBI still is not saying whether this was terror related. Hmm, even though they say the motive is unclear or whether this may or may not be terror related, doesn’t the FBI usually error on the side of it was not terror? Not in this case as the FBI has egg on their face and a lot of explaining to do.
Esteban Santiago went to baggage claim and picked up his one piece of checked luggage.
There were no other bags, just a case with a handgun inside.
Santiago allegedly took the 9 mm handgun out of its case and fired at other travelers Friday afternoon, killing five people at the Fort Lauderdale airport. On Saturday, authorities revised the number of wounded to six after earlier saying eight.
A few months earlier he reportedly had a mental evaluation after a bizarre visit to an FBI office in Alaska.
Friday’s shooting sent the airport terminal into chaos, with people running for cover. They started running again when rumors of more gunshots and a possible second shooter spread through the busy airport. Almost 40 others would get hurt in the rushed evacuation after the attack. Some suffered sprains and bruises; others had broken bones.
Prior to Airport Fort Lauderdale Shooting FBI Closed Alaska Investigation … Then Esteban Santiago Goes On Mass Murder Attack … Suspect Told Investigators, He Planned the Attack … Could Face Death Penalty
JUST LIKE WITH SO MANY OF THESE MASS KILLINGS, IT WAS PREVENTABLE … JUST WTF WAS THE FBI THINKING IN DEALING WITH THIS LUNATIC?
According to accounts, the suspect in the Fort Lauderdale, FL airport shooting that left 5 people dead and several more injured told investigators that he planned the attack. 26 year old Esteban Santiago has been charged with federal crimes and could face the death penalty. As per FBI Agent George Piro, Santiago spoke to investigators for several hours after the mass murder attack at the Fort Lauderdale airport where he opened fire with a 9mm semi-automatic handgun that he appears to have legally checked on a flight from Alaska. WHAT!!! You will read below why such astonishment as to how on earth this individual was allowed to possess a gun, let alone legally check it on the plane. Not to mention, Esteban Santiago bought a one way ticket to Florida. Did this not sound off any bells or raise any red flags? Nope, the TSA was too busy checking grandma’s walker and patting down little girls. It does not matter if this was an act of terror or not, how does someone who alerted the notice of the FBI because of insane actions, then be given his gun back, allowed to board a plane with a one way ticket and then allowed to check a gun. Have we completely lost all common sense?
The suspected gunman in an airport shooting rampage in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. — Esteban Santiago, 26, an Iraq War veteran — has been charged with federal crimes and could face the death penalty, the Justice Department announced Saturday night.
Santiago showed signs of violence and what authorities called “erratic behavior” in the months before they said he traveled 4,000 miles from home, loaded a gun in a baggage area and killed five people in some 80 seconds.
“The area was crowded with newly-arrived passengers retrieving their luggage, according to a news release from the Department of Justice. “Santiago started shooting, aiming at his victims’ heads until he was out of ammunition
However, why does there only have to be a terror angle to something in order for a suspect to be considered a danger to the public? Esteban Santiago was a mental case who should have been committed to an insane asylum after being arrested twice for domestic violence and then showing up to an FBI office in Alaka telling agents his mind was being controlled, complaining that the government was forcing him to watch Islamic State videos. AND YOU GAVE THIS LUNATIC HIS GUN BACK, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
Investigators said Saturday that Santiago drew frequent police attention for domestic violence in his Alaska home town and twice was arrested within the last year. Two months before the shooting, they said, he was admitted to a mental-health facility after showing up at an FBI field office and telling agents his mind was being controlled, complaining that the government was forcing him to watch Islamic State videos.
Police held his gun for a month, and then gave it back to him, authorities said.
Those sporadic run-ins now raise questions about how Santiago evaded detection as he boarded two flights — checking in a weapon — before he landed at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and allegedly fired at unsuspecting travelers.
Investigators said they were still trying to determine if there was a terrorism motive. A day after the shooting, agents had interviewed more than 100 people, including Santiago, who surrendered after firing all of his ammunition by dropping onto the floor, spread-eagle, near a baggage area when a sheriff’s deputy approached him, according to an FBI affidavit.
Shooting at Fort Lauderdale Airport … 5 Dead Many More Injured … Suspect on Plane from Alaska to Ft. Lauderdale … Checked Gun Upon Boarding
SHOOTING IN BAGGAGE CLAIM AREA OF FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT …
According to initial reports, there are 5 dead and several other injured after a gunman opened fire in the baggage claim area of the Fort Lauderdale airport.
A shooting at Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on Friday, January 6, has killed five and wounded multiple people, authorities confirm.
CNN reports that the incident took place near terminal 2. The Broward County Sheriff’s Office told the site that the lone shooter was taken into custody, and it’s unclear what the motive was.
Eye Witness to Shooting
THIS IS ONE DEATH I WOULD NOT MIND SEEING IN 2017 …
The LA Times is reporting that mass murderer Charles Manson was taken from a Central Valley prison to a hospital for an undisclosed medical issue. One source said that Manson was serious ill. One can only hope. With all of the heart-breaking and tragic losses of people, celebrities, actors, athletes and icons in 2016, I think all would be cheering in 2017 to see this monster die. It appears the 82 year old cult killer is still alive.
Mass murderer Charles Manson was taken from a Central Valley prison to a hospital for an undisclosed medical issue, two sources familiar with the situation said.
One of the sources said Manson was seriously ill but could not provide specific information.
Officials with the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation declined to comment, citing federal and state laws and saying inmates’ medical information is private.
“We do not disclose inmate movements for safety and security reasons,” said Terry Thornton, a department spokeswoman.
Charles Manson, the 82-year-old killer and cult leader, has been taken from his California prison cell to a hospital, according to unconfirmed reports.
A state corrections official confirmed only that Manson was still alive, following the reports on TMZ and in the Los Angeles Times.
TMZ said he had been taken to a medical centre in Bakersfield, about 60 miles south of Corcoran state prison, where he was being held.
Late on Tuesday night, three vans from the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) were parked outside Bakersfield’s Mercy Hospital Downtown, where state prisoners have been treated before.
The CDCR spokeswoman, Terry Thornton, said only that Manson was alive and still assigned to the prison in Corcoran. She declined to say whether he was at the hospital in Bakersfield, citing safety privacy laws that prohibited her from discussing an inmate’s medical situation.