- With the declining ratings of broadcast and cable TV, will viewers flocking to DVR and online content mean the end of TV like we knew it?
Daily Commentary – Thursday, September 3, 2015 – Late Night Talk Shows Haven’t Been the Same Since Johnny Carson
- Now David Letterman has stepped down and Stephen Colbert is set to take his place on the Late Show. Stephen Colbert will have some big shoes to fill
Daily Commentary – Thursday, September 3, 2015 Download
- TLC’s Josh Dugger, eldest child of the Dugger’s TV show “19 and Counting”, admits to molesting minors 12 years ago.
Daily Commentary – Monday, May 25, 2015 Download
NBC Sports: Super Bowl XLIX Between Patriots and Seahawks Delivers Highest Overnight TV Rating Ever at 49.7
As they say in South Boston, Super Bowl XLIX gets highest Super Bowl TV rating, EVAH!!!
NBC Sports has reported that Super Bowl XLIX delivered the highest overnight TV rating in Super Bowl history. The 49.7 rating between the New England Patriots and defending champion Seattle Seahawks went down to the last seconds before a victor was determined. In the end, the Patriots won their 4th Super Bowl 28-24 in one of the most thrilling comebacks, nail-biting drives and bizarre endings ever.
It was reported on ESPN’s MiKe & Mike this morning that 78% of the TV’s that were on during the Super Bowl were tuned into the game. 89% of TV’s in Seattle were tuned into the Super Bowl.
The early numbers are in, and the Super Bowl was a huge hit on TV.
NBC Sports PR has announced that the Patriots’ Super Bowl XLIX victory over the Seahawks delivered a 49.7 overnight rating, the highest in Super Bowl history.
Last year’s Super Bowl overnight rating was a 47.6 for the Seahawks’ blowout win over the Broncos. Closer games generally deliver higher ratings; the previous year’s nail-biter between the Ravens and 49ers got a 48.1 overnight rating, which was the record until now.
In the metered-market overnights, the Patriots’ 28-24 victory earned a 49.7 household rating/72 share, eclipsing the previous high of 48.1/71 set two years ago when Baltimore defeated San Francisco on CBS; that game ended up averaging 108.41 million viewers in the nationals.
NBC’s Super Bowl XLIX overnight topped a 50 rating in each half hour from 8 p.m. ET to the game’s conclusion, peaking with a 52.9/73 from 10 to 10:15 p.m. ET.
- Ex-model, Jewel Allison says Cosby is America’s greatest serial rapist and that he got away with it by hiding behind his Cliff Huxtable image
Daily Commentary – Tuesday, November 25, 2014 Download
Daily Commentary – Monday, October 27, 2014 – Reality TV, Looks Like There Continues To Be More in the Pipeline
- Seems like there is an endless supply of “reality” TV shows. Even though this commentary first aired October 2009, TV programming remains as bad as ever
- The solid bronze, 18″ statue was stolen from the outdoor exhibit at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences last Sunday.
Daily Commentary – Wednesday, October 1, 2014 Download
Daily Commentary – Monday, September 8, 2014 – New Research Indicates TV is for the Old and Internet is for the Young
- The age of cable and network TV viewers is aging faster than the population!
- Dreamworks Animation working on bringing back the famous canine as a cartoon series!
The Dana Pretzer Show – Tuesday, August 5, 2014 – A Classic TV Special with Guests, Stanley Livingston, Fred Ewanuick and Keith Thibodeaux
LISTEN TO THE DANA PRETZER SHOW ON SCARED MONKEYS RADIO AT 9 PM ET
- From My Three Sons, Stanley Livingston (Chip) discussing his time on the show
- From Canadian Comedy Series Corner Gas, Fred Ewanuick discussing his time on the show
- Keith Thibodeaux (Little Ricky) discussing his time on I Love Lucy
LISTEN TONIGHT LIVE AT 9 PM ET
The Dana Pretzer Show – Tuesday, August 5, 2014 Download Podcast