26 Dead and Many More Still Missing in Historic West Virginia Flood

WEST VIRGINIA FLOODS CLAIM MORE LIVES

The death toll had been at 23, until three more bodies were found in West Virginia’s devastating flood, bring the death toll to 26 as many more people are still missing as well. According to Kanawha County Sheriff’s Office, the 3 deaths were reported overnight in Elkview. Sadly, the death count is expected to climb as the historic floods have destroyed hundreds of homes, washed out roads and knocked out power to tens of thousands of people. Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin declared states of emergency in 44 counties Thursday night and he activated 200 National Guard members to assist in eight counties and has authorization to activate as many as 300 more, if needed.

Search continues for missing people after West Virginia flooding.

 Three more bodies were found in West Virginia’s devastating flood, bringing the death toll from the natural disaster to 26 as authorities are still searching for missing people.

As the death count climbs , high waters and torrential downpours also destroyed more than 100 homes, washed out countless roads and knocked out power for tens and thousands of people.

Authorities said Saturday that people are still unaccounted for in the county hardest-hit by the floods, Greenbrier, the home of the famous golf course of the same name.

Record Flooding in West Virginia

West Virginia Flooding

Coast Guard Search off the coast of Englewood, Florida for Missing Father and his Three Teenage Children (Update: One Body Found)

 MISSING AT SEA …

A father and his three teenage children, ages 13, 15 and 17 have been missing since Sunday, June 19, 2016 when their 29 foot sailboat disappeared off the Englewood coast. The family was on a trip from Sarasota to Fort Myers. During the trip the father called his brother and said they were in 6 foot seas. Abord the boat was the father, his 13 and 15-year-old teenage sons, and 17-year-old teenage daughter. They were last heard from Sunday morning and the  boat never made it to its destination.

The Coast Guard searched off the coast of Florida overnight after a sailboat carrying a father and his three teenage children went missing.

Officials say the man and his 13- and 15-year-old sons, and 17-year-old daughter were last heard from Sunday morning.

A family member called the Coast Guard Tuesday to report the man and his children left Sarasota en route to Fort Myers at 7 a.m. Sunday and hadn’t returned.

The 29-foot boat disappeared off the coast of Englewood, according to the Coast Guard.

The father aboard the vessel called his brother at 3 p.m. Sunday and “stated the sailboat was in 6-foot seas and he was attempting to survive with his children offshore of Englewood,” the Coast Guard said in a statement.

Coast Guard Searches for Dad, 3 Teens Missing Off Florida Coast.

The 29-foot vessel went missing near Englewood, on the Gulf of Mexico side of the state. It was last seen Sunday morning, according to the Coast Guard.

By 5 a.m. ET on Wednesday, authorities said there was still no sign of the family. The missing included boys aged 13 and 15 and their 17-year-old sister.

A relative called the Coast Guard Tuesday to report the man and his children left Sarasota at 7 a.m. Sunday and hadn’t returned.

The father aboard the vessel called his brother at 3 p.m. Sunday and “stated the sailboat was in 6-foot seas and he was attempting to survive with his children offshore of Englewood,” the Coast Guard said in a statement.

The Coast Guard asks boaters to keep a sharp lookout and contact Coast Guard Sector St. Petersburg at (727) 824-7506 with any information regarding the whereabouts of the missing family.

UPDATE I: Coast Guard finds body during search.

The U.S. Coast Guard says it found a body wearing a personal floatation device in an area where searchers are looking for a father and his three teenage children who disappeared while sailing off the coast of southwestern Florida, Coast Guard Capt. Gregory Case told reporters Wednesday.

However, it was not immediately clear that the deceased person was a member of the missing family, Case said.

The body that was recovered by helicopter was being transported to local authorities for a positive identification.

Arrest Made in 2011 Case of Missing 11 Year Old Young Celina Cass Found Murdered … Her stepfather, 52 Year Old Wendell Noyes Arrested

 ARREST FINALLY MADE IN THE CASE OF MURDERED YOUNG CELINA CASS

11 year old Young Celina Cass went missing on July 26, 2011. Sadly, six days later she was found dead wrapped in a rug at the bottom of a dam on the Connecticut River, barely a half a mile from her home in Stewartstown, N.H. Five years later an arrest has finally been made. Her stepfather, 52 year old Wendell Noyes, was arrested on Monday and charged with second-degree murder. Noyes is accused of killing Cass by submerging her body in the river. The stepfather is set to be arraigned Tuesday.

Young Celina Cass

An arrest has been made in the case of an 11-year-old New Hampshire girl who mysteriously vanished and was then found dead in a river five years ago.

Young Celina Cass went missing on July 26, 2011. Her disappearance attracted national attention as the FBI and police agencies from all over New England got involved in her search. Her story appeared on the TODAY Show for a week at the time.

Six days after she disappeared her body was found wrapped in a rug at the bottom of a dam on the Connecticut River, barely a half a mile from her home in Stewartstown, N.H.

Her stepfather, Wendell Noyes, 52, was arrested on Monday and charged with second-degree murder, according to the New Hampshire Attorney General’s office.

For more updates, read others comments and to provide your own, go to Scared Monkeys Missing Persons and Crime Forum: Young Celina Cass.

Disney To ‘Thoroughly Review’ Alligator Signage After Attack & Death of 2 Year Old Lane Graves

THE FACT THAT DISNEY IS ADDRESSING THE ALLIGATOR SIGN SITUATION IS ALL BUT AN ADMISSION OF GUILT THAT THEY WERE NEGLIGENT IN NOT WARNING INDIVIDUALS OF POSSIBLE DANGERS

As reported at FOX News, Disney official said Wednesday the company plans to “thoroughly review” its alligator warning signage around a resort where a 2-year-old boy was killed by a reptile that snatched him out of shallow water of a man made lagoon at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. This is all but an admission of guilt by Disney that they were negligent in not having signs up posted that to be aware of alligators. To retroactively try and fix the problem does not deflect them from a potential and probable law suit from the parents of 2 year old Lane Graves.

Watch the VIDEO below of the legal discussion with Fox News Sr. Judicial Analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano and Disney’s liability in the death of 2 year old Lane Graves. Napolitano provides a thorough and reasoned legal explanation. Look for Disney to make a settlement out of court so not to make this a public event and ruin the Disney brand. However, make no mistake about it, there will be a law suit on behalf of the child and the parents. This was a horrendous act of unimaginable proportions and I cannot even imagine that a parent could ever rid themselves of the horror of seeing their child attacked by an alligator. How does anyone ever get that image out of their head?

Disney_Alligator Attack_FOX

click here or on pic to watch video via FOX News

A Disney official said Wednesday the company plans to “thoroughly review” its alligator warning signage around a resort where a 2-year-old boy was killed by a reptile that snatched him out of shallow water.

The company official spoke to the Associated Press on the condition of anonymity because Disney has yet to prepare a formal statement on the matter.

Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said his department and the state wildlife agency would look into the issues of warning signs around Seven Seas Lagoon at The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, where Disney had posted “no swimming” signs but no warnings about the presence of alligators.

Dive teams on Wednesday afternoon were able to recover the body of the toddler “completely intact.” Demings said that the body was in water roughly six feet deep, 10-15 yards from the edge of the lagoon where the child had been wading Tuesday night.

2 Year Old Toddler Missing After Alligator Drags Boy Away into the Water at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (Update: Toddler Lane Graves Body Recovered)

HORRIFYING

A 2 year old boy is still missing after he was attacked and dragged into the water by an alligator at the Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Tuesday night around 9:20 pm. According to accounts, the Nebraska family of five was relaxing on the shoreline when the alligator attacked the boy. The father entered the water and tried to pry the child from the gator, but was unsuccessful.  Orange County Sheriff’s deputies are using sonar to search the man-made lake, with help from a helicopter and 10-person dive team. The alligator was said to be between 4 and 7 feet long.  The search continues for the child in the Seven Seas Lagoon for hours in a search and recovery effort but had not found him.

Jeff Williamson with the Orange County Sheriff’s Office stated, “We just want to keep searching and searching and searching until we can’t search anymore.” According to the press conference this morning, officials are still treating this as a search and rescue. Sadly, this does not look good at all.

VIDEO

A 2-year-old boy who was attacked and dragged into the water by an alligator on the shores of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Tuesday night was still missing early Wednesday morning.

Jeff Williamson with the Orange County Sheriff’s Office said the child had not been located. Deputies are in the water and air, calling it a search and rescue operation.

“Right now we’re going to bring in some fresh eyes and continue with the search,” Williamson said. “Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.”

UPDATE I: 4 Alligators Found in nearby waters overnight … none involved with attack on missing boy.

Lane Graves

UPDATE II: The Body of 2 Year Old Lane Graves recovered by Divers.

Heart-breaking, simply unimaginably heart-breaking. The body of 2 year old Lane Graves was found by divers Wednesday about 6 feet beneath the water in the man made lagoon where the boy had been attacked by an alligator the night before.

The body of a 2-year-old boy snatched by an alligator at a Disney resort was found underwater, ending a desperate search that began as a rescue operation and eventually became a grim recovery effort, officials in Florida said.

Divers found the boy’s body “completely intact” Wednesday about six feet beneath the surface of the massive, man-made lagoon, not far from the area where he was attacked the previous night, Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said Wednesday afternoon.

The sheriff identified the toddler as Lane Graves of Elkhorn, Neb. While a formal identification is pending, “there is no reason to believe that the body that was recovered is not that of Lane Graves,” Demings said.

Next Page →

Support Scared Monkeys! make a donation.

 
 
  • NEWS (breaking news alerts or news tips)
  • Red (comments)
  • Dugga (technical issues)
  • Dana (radio show comments)
  • Klaasend (blog and forum issues)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Close
E-mail It