Liberal MSM Double Standard: How Top NBC Executives Quashed The Bombshell Harvey Weinstein Story

THE LIBERAL MEDIA DOUBLE STANDARD: WHO THINKS NBC WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME IF THE NAME HARVEY WEINSTEIN WAS REPLACED WITH DONALD TRUMP?

What is worse than fake news? How about news that is knowing not reported to meet an agenda?

The below article below from the HUFFPO regarding Ronan Farrow, an NBC News contributor, had secured an interview with a woman who was willing to appear on camera,  in silhouette, her identity concealed, saying that Harvey Weinstein had raped her is even larger than the crime of rape itself. As if sexual assault and rape is not bad enough. But for a news outlet like NBC to knowingly, willfully and purposely spike the Weinstein story because of who he was might be even more heinous. An effort by the liberal MSM to protect their own. Would they have done the same for say, Donald Trump? Hell no! As we all know that NBC News and MSNBC certainly ran with the Billy Bush-Trump tapes. But some how, a raunchy tape of two men disgusting talk about woman is worse than a predator who for decades sexually assaulted women in Hollywood. Really? Everyone knew the truth. They knew the stories were much more than rumors, but the liberal media decided to take part in a systemic quashing of the story for fear one of their own would be outed for the disgusting, POS, predator that he was. SHAME ON YOU NBC.

The NBC peacock is Dead

DEAD_NBC_PEACOCK

In mid-August, Ronan Farrow, an NBC News contributor, had secured an interview with a woman who was willing to appear on camera, in silhouette, her identity concealed, and say Harvey Weinstein had raped her, according to four people with close knowledge of the reporting. It was a pivotal moment in a testy, months-long process of reporting a story that had bedeviled a generation of media and Hollywood reporters.

Farrow had a lot of material already. In March, he had acquired a damning and much-coveted audio recording in which Weinstein admits to having groped an Italian model. He had interviews with former executives and assistants who’d worked closely with Weinstein who spoke about the culture of harassment and abuse he perpetrated. And now he had someone ready to accuse Weinstein of rape, on camera.

But at that moment Farrow was also caught in the pincers of an NBC News edict. He had been told by executives at NBC News that he didn’t have enough reporting to go on air with his Weinstein story, according to four sources, and he had been told by the network to stop reporting on it. NBC tried to put a stop to the interview with the woman accusing Weinstein of rape. The network insisted he not use an NBC News crew for the interview, and neither was he to mention his NBC News affiliation. And so that was how Ronan Farrow wound up paying out of his own pocket for a camera crew to film an interview.

As a project for NBC News, Farrow’s story was effectively dead. Later that month, he received permission to take his reporting to another news organization. The story that resulted, published Tuesday by The New Yorker, was a blockbuster: multiple women accusing Weinstein of rape and other sexual misconduct, accompanied by the audio of Weinstein admitting to sexual assault. [...]

Then he struck a rueful tone, suggesting that the NBC iteration of the story had died of natural causes. “We reached a point over the summer where we, as an organization, didn’t feel that we had all the elements that we needed to air,” he said.

Yet interviews with 12 people inside and outside NBC News with direct knowledge of the reporting behind Farrow’s story suggest a different cause of death. All of the sources who spoke to HuffPost asked not to be named, either because they weren’t authorized to speak to the media about the story or because they were fearful of retribution from NBC News executives. These sources detailed a months-long struggle within NBC News during which Oppenheim and other executives slow-walked Farrow’s story, crippling it with their qualms and irresolution.

Toward the end, the concerns seemed to take on a personal tone, and it became difficult to tell where the Weinstein team’s attempts to discredit the story left off and NBC News’ editorial forbearance began. According to multiple sources inside and outside of NBC News who worked on the aborted story, Oppenheim related to Farrow what Weinstein’s lawyers had said in complaint to NBC:

NBC Reporter Andrea Mitchell Gets Destroyed by State Dept Spox Heather Nauert On Trump’s Threat To North Korea (VIDEO)

MSM GETS DESTROYED … MAKE AMERICA SAFE AGAIN!!!

During yesterdays presser, State Dept Spokesperson Heather Nauert reminded the liberal MSM exactly really what is alarming and it was not the comments made by President Donald Trump regarding, “fire and fury”.   The MSM acts as if a country making the threat of a nuclear attack is perfectly ok and should not be responded to. Nauert actually had to scold and lecture the media as to the gravity of the situation going on with North Korea as the MSM just wants to play silly season and attack Trump.  Sorry, the Obama days are over of apologies to our enemies and drawing faux lines in the sand. There is a reason why Trump was elected by the American people and the MSM still cannot stand it. The days of kicking the can down the road with North Korea, as other presidents have done of both parties, are over.

“Let’s consider what is alarming,” State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said. “What is alarming: two ICBM tests in less than a month, two nuclear tests that took place last year.”

“It is a big deal what is going on,” she added. “It is a concern to the world, not just the United States. Those are alarming actions, they’re provocative actions on the part of North Korea.”

“The United States is on the same page,” she said. “Whether it’s the White House, the State Department, the Department of Defense, we are speaking with one voice, and the world is, in fact, speaking with one voice.”

NBC Epic Disaster: Megyn Kelly” Sunday Show’s ‘Initial Run’ Pulled After Just Eight Episodes

 HONESTLY, WHO COULD NOT HAVE SEEN THIS COMING?

Megyn Kelly’s Sunday show pulled after just eight episodes. Her initial Sunday show debuted to great fanfare in June with a Vladimir Putin interview that brought in 6.1 million viewers, but has continuously fallen and slid to 3.1 million viewers last Sunday. In the end, NBC overpaid for a no talent. Megyn Kelly might have worked on FOX News for ratings, but anyone who thought she would succeed on liberal NBC was fooling themselves. One has to wonder just how far this experiment is going to go before the NBC brass finally admit the truth and pull the plug. For the ratings that Kelly gets, they could have hired anyone and paid half, if not a quarter of her salary. At this point, NBC has no alternative but to see what happens as they are pot committed.

A ratings disaster.

Megyn Kelly3

The initial run of Megyn Kelly’s Sunday newsmagazine show will reportedly be taken off the air at least two episodes earlier than scheduled because of her disastrous ratings.

Last week, Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly set another viewership low with just 2.71 million total viewers. In the last three weeks, her show has failed to beat the years-old Dateline rerun the network ran in her show’s time slot when Kelly took a week off during the Fourth of July holiday weekend.

According to the New York Post, “Kelly’s ratings-challenged Sunday show was announced as a limited” run that would return after the football season. The network was reportedly angling for at least ten episodes but apparently decided to end Kelly’s misery after eight episodes as Kelly’s downward spiral in the ratings did not stop.

An NBC spinmeister claimed that Kelly’s show was going off the air after this week’s show because she needs to be “freed up to focus” on her morning show. Translation: Kelly needs to do all she can to not ruin NBC’s crown jewel Today franchise. Network executives, who reportedly have been freaking out about Kelly’s poor ratings, are probably praying that Kelly simply does no more harm than she has already done in her short time at the network.

advertisement

Posted July 31, 2017 by
Media, Megyn Kelly, NBC | no comments

Megyn Kelly Ratings Hit New Low, Down by a Half of Debut For NBC

FILE THIS ONE UNDER, WHO DIDN’T SEE THIS COMING MEGYN KELLY’S RATING HITTING THE SKIDS.

As reported at The Hill, Megyn Kelly’s Sunday news magazine this week registered its lowest ratings since its debut on June 4, 2017. The latest installment of “Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly” drew 3.1 million viewers on Sunday, down by one half from her debut. Look for it to go even lower. She is in a no win situation as those that used to watch her on Fox News will no longer because she jumped ship and she is too conservative for NBC. Who is left holding the bag? Why NBC of course. Kelly was hired by NBC News earlier this year for a reported salary of $17 million annually. How anyone in the news is worth this much is beyond me. In what might turn out to be the worst career move ever, Kelly turned down a reported $25 million to stay at Fox News, but instead jumped to NBC in January. In what has to be nothing but embarrassing, no matter how NBC wants to spin it, Kelly’s live Sunday program again lost to repeats of “60 Minutes” on CBS and “America’s Funniest Home Videos.”

There is a greater question here … how do no talents in the media get paid so much? How are they worth it?

Megyn Kelly

Megyn Kelly’s Sunday news magazine this week registered its lowest ratings since its debut on June 4, according to Nielsen Research.

“Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly” drew 3.1 million viewers on Sunday, or half of the 6.2 million viewers it brought in for its premiere, which featured an interview with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Kelly, 46, was hired by NBC News earlier this year for a reported salary of $17 million annually.

The former attorney-turned-cable-news-star was offered a reported $25 million to stay at Fox News, but jumped to NBC in January. Kelly finished 2016 as the second-highest rated host in cable news behind only the since-ousted Bill O’Reilly, also of Fox News.

Kelly’s Sunday program again lost to repeats of “60 Minutes” on CBS and “America’s Funniest Home Videos” on ABC in both total viewers and the key 18-49 demographic advertisers covet most.

“60 Minutes” tallied 5.9 million viewers to win the 7 p.m. time slot.

Let’s remember what was predicted when Megyn “I think I am better than I am” Kelly left Fox News. Although, she pretty much created a situation for herself where she could not stay.

My personal opinion is that Megyn will become a small fish in a big liberal pond and probably rue the day she made this jump. I cannot believe that her career will be cultivated as it was at FOX. This almost appears to be addition by subtraction by NBC.

Posted July 18, 2017 by
Media, Megyn Kelly, NBC | one comment

Harvard University Study Reveals Huge Extent of Anti-Trump Media Bias

TELL US SOMETHING WE DON’T KNOW … NEWSFLASH, THE MSM IS BIAS AND HAS AN AGENDA AGAINST TRUMP.

According to a Harvard University study, the MSM bias against President Donald Trump is huge and unprecedented. If it seems like the MSM has it out for President Trump and reports pretty much every thing he does as negative, that is because they do. Just look at the charts below and see how the MSM reports on topics in a positive or negative slant and then take a look at how Trump compares to other presidents, especially Obama.

Keep this in mind when you watch the news. They are no longer reporting it, they are slanting it to fit their liberal, left-wing agenda. The MSM was AWOL for Obama’s eight years and the endless scandals like Fast & Furious, Benghazi, IRS-gate, let alone the lies of Obamacare. But for Trump, they do not even give him a chance. The MSM is working in lockstep with the Democrat party as their propaganda arm. Remember this, especially at election time.

Harvard_media_Trump

A major new study out of Harvard University has revealed the true extent of the mainstream media’s bias against Donald Trump.

Academics at the Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy analyzed coverage from Trump’s first 100 days in office across 10 major TV and print outlets.

It found that the tone of some outlets was negative in as many as 98% of reports, significantly more hostile than the first 100 days of the three previous administrations:

Harvard other-presidents-tone

In America they analyzed CNN, NBC, CBS, Fox News, the New York Times, the Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal.

They also took into account the BBC, the UK’s Financial Times and the German public broadcaster ARD.

Every outlet was negative more often than positive.

Only Fox News, which features some of Trump’s most enthusiastic supporters and is often given special access to the President, even came close to positivity.

Next Page →

Support Scared Monkeys! make a donation.

 
 
  • NEWS (breaking news alerts or news tips)
  • Red (comments)
  • Dugga (technical issues)
  • Dana (radio show comments)
  • Klaasend (blog and forum issues)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Close
E-mail It