The family of deceased Kate Steinle has filed a federal lawsuit against U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. The suit, which seeks unspecified damages, names the city and county of San Francisco, former county Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi and the United States “for their failures to perform mandatory duties and/or for the unconstitutional and/or negligent acts and/or omissions of their officers, officials, agents and/or employees.” Kate Steinle was shot to death by 45-year-old Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez -on a San Francisco pier last summer. Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez is an
undocumented immigrant illegal alien and a repeat felon who has been deported five times to Mexico.
The fatal shooting of Kate Steinle on a San Francisco pier last summer — allegedly at the hands of an undocumented immigrant deported five times from the United States — became a focal point of an angry national debate over illegal immigration.
On Friday, her family filed a federal lawsuit against U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, San Francisco County’s former sheriff, the federal Bureau of Land Management and the man who allegedly fired the deadly shot.
“Kate’s death was both foreseeable and preventable had the law enforcement agencies, officials and/or officers involved simply followed the laws, regulations and/or procedures which they swore to uphold,” the lawsuit said.
On the evening of July 1, 2015, Steinle was walking on a busy pier of the Embarcadero with her father when there was a single popping sound in the air. The 32-year-old medical device sales representative was shot in the chest, a bullet piercing her aorta, according to the lawsuit.
Her father, James, held her in his arms. “Help me Daddy,” were her last words to him, the lawsuit said. She died later at a hospital.
I so hope the family of Kate Steinle wins this lawsuit against San Francisco for their “sanctuary city” policies!!!
Daily Commentary – Wednesday, May 25, 2016 – The History Channel Mega Hit “Pawn Stars” Dodges a Bullet
- Austin Lee Russell “Chumlee” accepted a plea deal to stay out of jail. Guns and drugs were discovered in a search of his home in March
Daily Commentary – Wednesday, May 25, 2016 Download
- Dana Pretzer, himself a cop, discusses what it is to be a cop
Daily Commentary – Monday, May 23, 2016 Download
Barack Obama Slams Trump Building a Wall During Rutgers Commencement Speech … As the White House Builds a Higher Fence (VIDEO)
BARACK OBAMA THE HYPOCRITE IN CHIEF IS AT IT AGAIN …
Isn’t this amazing and oh so typical, as Barack Obama tells a graduating class at Rutgers University during a commencement speech that building walls doesn’t change anything. Oh course this was a backhanded slap at Donald Trump by Obama. Could you be any more small? And more of a hypocrite? The liar in chief was back at it again trying to tell millennials that building a wall to keep illegals out was a bad this as the White House is currently constructing a taller fence at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue to keep people out. Shocker. Obama claims walls don’t solve ills, really?
President Obama used his commencement speech at Rutgers University to tear into Donald Trump’s trade agenda, his Muslim ban, and his planned wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.As he did at an address at Howard University earlier this spring, the president went straight after Trump’s most controversial policies after the usual bromides hailing graduates and name-dropping their favorite greasy spoons and watering holes.
‘The world is more interconnected than ever before. And it’s becoming more connected every day. Building walls won’t change that,’ Obama said.
‘To help ourselves, we’ve got to help others, not pull up the drawbridge and try to keep the world out,’ Obama said.
Obama never mentioned Donald Trump by name but he clearly advised against believing in the Republican candidate’s campaign platform. Obama stated, “The world is more interconnected than ever before. Building walls won’t change that.” Obama also said that ignorance is not a virtue and not knowing what you’re talking about shouldn’t be viewed as telling it like it is. It should be viewed as a rejection of responsible thought.
The White House fence is currently 6 feet tall, this one goes to 11.
But wait, Obama slams Trump for wanting to build a wall to protect the United States borders and sovereignty, as the White House is getting its fences raised 5 feet in order to keep trespassers out. Imagine that, higher and stronger fences do work. So it is okay for the White House to have a higher fence to keep people out, but it is not okay for the United States of America to have the same. First they installed spikes on top of the fence and now plan on making it taller. Hmm, anyone see a double standard here?
The U.S. Secret Service plans to raise the height of the White House security fence by 5 feet and add a new concrete foundation to reduce the risk of fence-jumpers, according to a copy of an agency report obtained by the News4 I-Team.
The agency, along with the National Park Service, said it intends to begin building a “taller, stronger” fence to protect the White House grounds by 2018.
And from the Right Wing News comes more Obama hypocrisy when it comes to walls …
But, seriously, what about walls? Obama lives behind a big fence, one which the Secret Service wants to make bigger. Five feet bigger. And the security for the fence, an attempt to keep the world out, includes armed security, many with sniper rifles.
Apparently, walls work, because Team Obama is funding a wall on the Tunisia/Libya border to stop the flow of Islamists. There’s also partial funding for a wall in Jordan. And supposedly one in Niger to stop Boko Haram.
Daily Commentary – Friday, May 13, 2016 – The Director of the FBI Seems to be a Stand Up Guy and Dedicated Law Enforcement Officer
- Says he’s felt pressure to wrap up Hillary’s email investigation sooner rather than later. But he said “handling investigation ‘well’ is top priority”.
Daily Commentary – Friday, May 13, 2016 Download
Daily Commentary – Monday, April 4, ,2016 – Another Officer Shot and Killed While on Duty and a Busy Week with the Presidential Primary Candidates
- Police Trooper Chad Dermyer was shot and killed at a GreyHound Bus station in Virginia, R.I.P.. Trump puts his foot in his mouth again! Hillary to be questioned by the FBI regarding her emails?
Daily Commentary – Monday, April 4, ,2016 Download
Prince George’s County, MD Police Officer Jacai Colson Shot & Killed Outside Prince George’s Police HQ … 2 Suspects in Custody
POLICE LIVES MATTER …
28year old Prince George’s County police officer Jacai Colson, a four-year department veteran, was killed in the gunfight. The fierce shootout took place outside of the District III district station in Landover, Maryland. Police Chief Henry P. Stawinski III spoke at a press conference on March 13 after incident and called it an “unprovoked attack.”
Just curious, does the ‘Black Lives Matters’ folks also include police officers?
Rest in Peace Officer Jacai Colson
A Prince George’s County police officer was killed Sunday in a fierce shootout with a man outside a district station in Landover, in what the police chief said was an unprovoked attack.
Police Chief Henry P. Stawinski III said a man walked up to the District III station and opened fire outside the front doors about 4:30 p.m. Officers rushed out to stop the attack. Officer Jacai Colson, 28, a four-year department veteran, was killed in the gunfight, the chief said. Police said the suspect was wounded and taken to a hospital, where he was listed in stable condition.
Police said they didn’t know of a motive, but the suspect and a man police officials described as his brother were both in custody.
“One of your defenders lost his life in defense of this community today. This was an unprovoked attack,” Stawinski said at a somber news conference Sunday night.
A relative and law enforcement officials identified the two people in custody as Malik Ford and Michael Ford, both of Temple Hills.
Daily Commentary – Wednesday, March 9, 2016 – Some Say There Are 100 FBI Agents Investigating Hillary’s Emails
- Not sure why they would need 100 agents but that’s what Fox News is reporting
Daily Commentary – Wednesday, March 9, 2016 Download
Daily Commentary – Thursday, February 25, 2016 – In San Bernardino, We Have Two Dead Terrorists and One Locked Cell Phone
- The FBI needs help getting into the cell phone. You would think Apple would have no problem helping the FBI as it might help stop more people getting hurt or killed
Daily Commentary – Thursday, February 25, 2016 Download
UBER DRIVER TOOK FARES BETWEEN KILLINGS … AND PASSED UBER BACKGROUND CHECK.
45 year old Jason Dalton, the Uber driver accused of shooting 8 individuals and killing 6 of them, reportedly passed a background check. Police are also saying that Dalton took passenger fares in between the random shootings. Kalamazoo County Prosecutor Jeff Getting stated at a press conference, the suspect, identified as Jason Dalton, was arrested early Sunday morning, about six hours after the first shooting was reported and two hours after the final shooting. Authorities have suspect Jason Dalton in custody after he was pulled over by an officer. The suspect was arrested at about 12:45 a.m. after a traffic stop near downtown Kalamazoo without confrontation.
The man suspected of shooting eight people in the Kalamazoo area, killing six, was an Uber driver who was apparently taking fares in between opening fire at various locations, police tell 24 Hour News 8.
Authorities are investigating reports that Jason Dalton dropped off a group of people at a Fairfield Inn Marriott in Texas Township, then went next door to the Cracker Barrel and allegedly opened fired on two vehicles, killing four people.
A woman at the hotel said she heard about 10 shots, then ran outside and saw the suspect driving away from the Cracker Barrel at a normal rate of speed.
The Cracker Barrel shooting was the last of three connected incidents over the course of about five hours Saturday. Detectives believe Dalton shot a total of eight people, killing six of them. A 14-year-old girl was in grave condition Sunday morning and a woman shot several times was severely injured but expected to survive.
UPDATE I: The victims have been identified:
The victims killed at a Kalamazoo car dealership, the second shooting scene, have been identified as father and son Richard and Tyler Smith, of Mattawan, Michigan. Tyler Smith is a high school senior. The Cracker Barrel victims, all from Michigan, have been identified as: Mary Lou Nye, 63, of Baroda; Mary Jo Nye, 60, of Battle Creek; Dorothy Brown, 74, of Battle Creek; and Dorothy Hawthorne, 68, of Battle Creek.
Authorities in Kalamazoo, a city of 75,000 two hours west of Detroit, plan on Monday to charge Dalton, 45, who was arrested hours after the final assault, with six counts of murder, two counts of assault with intent to commit murder, and six counts of felony with a firearm.
They are also investigating reports that Dalton looked for passengers between and after the shootings, a possibility that is sure to intensify debate about the safety of ride-sharing services such as Uber and Lyft.