SOME THING MUST BE DONE TO MAKE NORTH KOREA PAY FOR THIS MURDER …
As reported at ABC News, Otto Warmbier, the 22 year old American student who was imprisoned in North Korea for more than 17 months and was just returned home to Ohio last week, has died. Warmbier, a University of Virginia undergraduate student, returned to the U.S. in a comatose state after North Korea released him for medical reasons last Tuesday. It is obvious that Warmbier died from his treatment that he received at the hands of North Korea, not the so-called botulism claimed by North Korea. Otto Warmbier’s doctors at University of Cincinnati Medical Center said last week that he had extensive brain damage dating back longer than a year. The Warmbiers thanked those who assisted in their son’s care back home in Cincinnati, Ohio, and condemned the North Korean regime.
“It is our sad duty to report that our son, Otto Warmbier, has completed his journey home,” his family said in part in a statement. “Surrounded by his loving family, Otto died today at 2:20 p.m.”
Doctors from the University of Cincinnati Medical Center said last week that Warmbier, 22, was suffering from injuries related to cardiopulmonary arrest and was in a state of unresponsive wakefulness. Scans showed extensive loss in all regions of Warmbier’s brain, doctors said.
Warmbier, a University of Virginia student, was medically evacuated from North Korea and flown to Cincinnati late last Tuesday. He was then transported to the University of Cincinnati Medical Center.
On Monday, the family paid tribute to Warmbier in their emotional statement.
“It would be easy at a moment like this to focus on all that we lost — future time that won’t be spent with a warm, engaging, brilliant young man whose curiosity and enthusiasm for life knew no bounds,” the family’s statement continues. “But we choose to focus on the time we were given to be with this remarkable person. You can tell from the outpouring of emotion from the communities that he touched — Wyoming, Ohio, and the University of Virginia to name just two — that the love for Otto went well beyond his immediate family.”
The statement also thanked “the wonderful professionals at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center who did everything they could for Otto.”
“When Otto returned to Cincinnati late on June 13th he was unable to speak, unable to see and unable to react to verbal commands. He looked very uncomfortable — almost anguished. Although we would never hear his voice again, within a day the countenance of his face changed — he was at peace. He was home and we believe he could sense that.”
Melania and I offer our deepest condolences to the family of Otto Warmbier on his untimely passing. There is nothing more tragic for a parent than to lose a child in the prime of life. Our thoughts and prayers are with Otto’s family and friends, and all who loved him.
Otto’s fate deepens my Administration’s determination to prevent such tragedies from befalling innocent people at the hands of regimes that do not respect the rule of law or basic human decency. The United States once again condemns the brutality of the North Korean regime as we mourn its latest victim.
Really, this tour group is finally figuring this out now? The unlawful and ridiculous imprisonment of an American college student was not enough? The basic holding of a student as a hostage was not enough? It actually took the systematic torture and beating of an American college student resulting in his death to do it? UNREAL.
The travel company that took University of Virginia student Otto Warmbier to North Korea said Monday that it is wrangling with the 22-year-old’s death and will no longer take Americans to North Korea.
For years, Young Pioneer Tours has happily boasted: “We provide budget travel to destinations your mother would rather you stayed away from.” On Monday, after Warmbier’s family announced he’d died that afternoon at a Cincinnati hospital, the message that the China-based tour company sent via e-mail to USA TODAY wore a darker and more anguished tone.
Toni Anderson, a University of Missouri-Kansas City student who has been missing since early Monday was ticketed by police in North Kansas City before she disappeared. The 20-year-old woman who was last seen Sunday, January 15, 2017 after failing to meet with friends after work was driving a black 2014 Ford Focus with Kansas license plate 989-GAX. According to reports, Anderson was stopped by the North Kansas City Police Department on Sunday. Officials still were investigating her next steps after the stop. She was last heard from about 3 a.m. Monday when she told a friend via text that she was getting pulled over. Investigators have video surveillance with Anderson but are not releasing it because it is part of their investigation.
Kansas City police continued their search for a 20-year-old woman who was last seen Sunday after failing to meet with friends after work.
Tonie Anderson had just left her job around 4 a.m. and was on her way to meet friends at a location near downtown.
Later that morning, Anderson was pulled over by a North Kansas City police officer on Missouri 9 for an improper lane change. Anderson told the officer that she was almost out of gas. The officer gave Anderson a warning and watched as she drove to a nearby QuikTrip, said Officer Darin Snapp, a spokesman with the Kansas City Police Department.
As she was being pulled over, Anderson sent a message to childhood friend Roxy Townsend, who told the Wichita Eagle, “Tonie gets pulled over a lot because she drives late at night a lot, and she doesn’t have cruise control in her car. I just figured this was another one of those times.”
Anderson is a student at the University of Missouri-Kansas City and worked as a server at Chrome, an establishment that describes itself as “Kansas City’s premier strip club.”
Anyone with information on Anderson’s whereabouts can call the Kansas City Police Department’s missing persons unit at 816-234-5136.. Also, anyone with information should call the Tips Hotline at 816-474-TIPS (8477).
PROFESSOR STABBED TO DEATH AR USC …
A University of Southern California professor was stabbed to death on campus Friday afternoon by a male student of the university. The professor, who was pronounced deceased at the scene, has been identified as Bosco Tjan. The suspect is in custody. The USC Department of Public Safety said in a statement that investigators believe the attack was not random and “was the result of a personal dispute.” The stabbing happened in the Seeley G. Mudd Building on the last day of classes before final exams. The suspect has yet to be named.
A male professor was stabbed and killed on the USC campus Friday and a suspect, identified as a male student at the university, was taken into custody a short time later, police said.
The suspect was approximately 25 years old, according to Margaret Stewart of the Los Angeles Fire Department. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene, she added. The suspect was not immediately identified. No other injuries were reported.
“The victim was a professor at the university,” said Officer Drake Madison of the Los Angeles Police Department, adding that the suspect was a USC student.
Los Angeles Police Officer Meghan Aguilar said the professor was killed inside the Seeley G. Mudd building in the heart of campus. She said a male student was arrested without incident immediately after police arrived at the scene of the attack but his name was not released. Aguilar could not say who called police but said it wasn’t the professor or the student.
Aguilar said the student was set to be interviewed Friday night and that his name would be released after he was booked.
USC President C. L. Max Nikias identified the professor killed as Bosco Tjan in a letter addressed to the USC community.
Knife/Vehicle Attack at The Ohio State University … Many Injured, Somali-born Suspect Shot Dead … Looks Like Islamic Terrorism … Update: Suspect ID’d as Abdul Razak Ali Artan
LOOKS LIKE AN ISIS INSPIRED TERROR ATTACK AT OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY …
An active shooter alert issued at Ohio St. University … RUN, HIDE, FIGHT! Police are investigating a possible terror attack at The Ohio State University. A Somali-born Ohio State University student plowed his car into a group of pedestrians on campus and then got out and began stabbing people with a butcher knife Monday morning. The suspect was shot to death by a police officer before he could do more harm. Ohio State University police Chief Craig Stone said the assailant deliberately drove his small Honda over a curb outside an engineering classroom building and then began knifing people.
A Somali-born Ohio State University student plowed his car into a group of pedestrians on campus and then got out and began stabbing people with a butcher knife Monday before he was shot to death by a police officer. Police said they were investigating whether it was a terrorist attack.
Eleven people were hurt, one critically.
The attacker was identified as Abdul Razak Ali Artan. He was born in Somalia and was a legal permanent U.S. resident, according to a U.S. official who wasn’t authorized to discuss the case and spoke on the condition of anonymity. The FBI joined the investigation.
The details emerged after a morning of conflicting reports and confusion, created in part by a series of tweets from the university warning there was an “active shooter” on campus and students should “Run Hide Fight.” The warning was prompted by what turned out to be police gunfire.
Abdul Razak Ali Artan, 18, wrote on what appears to be his Facebook page that he had reached a “boiling point,” made a reference to “lone wolf attacks” and cited radical cleric Anwar al-Awlaki.”
America! Stop interfering with other countries, especially Muslim Ummah [community]. We are not weak. We are not weak, remember that,” the post said.
UPDATE II: What do we know about Abdul Razak Ali Artan.
Artan, a student at OSU, was shot dead by a police officer after he plowed his vehicle into a crowd of people on campus and then started hacking people with a butcher knife, OSU Police Chief Craig Stone said. Ten people suffered non-life-threatening injuries and were transported to hospitals.
Speaking to CNN on Monday, one witness claimed the attacker was “completely silent” as he stabbed innocent people. The witness said Artan remained silent, “even when he was shot.”
“This was done on purpose,” Stone said.
Artan reportedly left Somalia with his family as a refugee and relocated to Pakistan in 2007. He then came to the United States in 2014 as a legal permanent resident, according to officials.
Police had yet to identify a motive in the attack, but law enforcement officials told NBC News that Artan posted a “rant” on social media beforehand.
The @OSUPolice confirm Officer Alan Horujko shot and killed the suspect, Abdul Razak Ali Artan, Monday morning.
Officer Alan Horujko is being hailed as a hero after firing the shot that killed a man who hit a group of pedestrians with his car on OSU’s campus before stabbing at the victims with a knife.
The emergency dispatch center got a call of a vehicle hitting a pedestrian at 9:52 a.m. and Horujko was able to respond shortly after.
Horujko engaged the suspect, now being identified as 18-year-old Abdul Razak Ali Artan, shot and killed him.
4. Community thanks for his quick reaction
Monica Moll said in a news conference that Horujko “did a fabulous job” in ending the threat quickly and effectively, according to a Tweet from Ohio State A&P.
The university’s Emergency Management department’s Facebook praised Horujko for his service, parents, students and other members of the community began speaking up.
Facebook user Meaghan Marie wrote in the comments of the post, “Thank you for your amazing service and quick response and stopping what could have been a much worse incident. Praying for all of the victims and those who still have to recover. You are an absolute hero!!”
Another user, Deb DeRossett Silvers commented: “My son is an OSU student who was close to the attack area. Thank you, so much, for the brave and heroic work you do and the quick action you took today. God bless.”
21 Year Old University of Maryland Student Kaitlyn George Missing Since 11/10/16 in College Park, MD
21 year old University of Maryland coed Kaitlyn George has been missing since November 10, 2016 in College Park, Maryland. She’s described as 5’3 120 pounds, last seen wearing a green jacket, black leggings and a black and white backpack. Her family says she was supposed to go camping Thursday with her boyfriend but never showed up. Kaitlyn George was last seen by her roommates at Allegany Hall Thursday afternoon around 4:00 p.m.
The search continues for a missing student at the University of Maryland, 21-year-old Kaitlyn George. Police and family are pleading for the public’s help to find her.
Detectives are interviewing her friends and potential witnesses. Her family says she was supposed to go camping Thursday with her boyfriend but never showed up.
“It is out of character she’s a responsible young lady. She takes leadership training she got certified in outdoor rescue last summer,” said Jeanine Bryde, George’s Aunt.
George, who’s from New Jersey, was last spotted Thursday afternoon around 4:00 p.m.
Police say the 21-year-old student was last seen at Allegany Hall on the south side of campus, heading towards the Eppley Rec Center. Her family says she was being harassed before she went missing, but police don’t suspect foul play.
If anyone has any information regarding the missing Kaitlyn George , please contact University of Maryland Police Department at 301-405-3555.
UPDATE I: This is a security camera image of Kaitlyn George leaving Allegany Hall around 4:42 p.m. on Nov. 10 with a camping backpack and a pink bag.