FORMER FOX NEWS CEO ROGER AILES PASSES AWAY AT AGE 77 …
Statement from Elizabeth Ailes:
I am profoundly sad and heartbroken to report that my husband, Roger Ailes, passed away this morning. Roger was a loving husband to me, to his son Zachary, and a loyal friend to many. He was also a patriot, profoundly grateful to live in a country that gave him so much opportunity to work hard, to rise—and to give back. During a career that stretched over more than five decades, his work in entertainment, in politics, and in news affected the lives of many millions. And so even as we mourn his death, we celebrate his life...
From Heavy: Roger Ailes Dead: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
Roger Ailes transformed cable news and then American politics by building Fox News into a ratings powerhouse.
Sean Hannity, a prime time host and longtime face of the network, said on Twitter: “Today America lost one of its great patriotic warriors.”
Ailes started Fox News almost from scratch in 1996. With its slogan “Fair & Balanced,” the network grew into not just the cable news ratings leader but a profound influence on the right wing of American politics.
Ailes was arguably the most powerful man in media when he suddenly lost his job last summer. Gretchen Carlson, a former Fox anchor, sued him for sexual harassment, and other women came forward to support her claims. Carlson settled with 21st Century Fox, the network’s parent company, for $20 million.
Carlson said there had been at least six instances when Ailes talked about her body, intimidated her or used demeaning language. At least six other women, including former Fox News star Megyn Kelly, came forward to accuse Ailes, who denied wrongdoing.
Amber Alert Issued for 6 Year Old David Wayne Puckett Missing Since 12/31/16 in Aurora, CO (Update: Child’s Body Found in Pound)
An AMBER ALERT has been issued for 6 year old David Wayne Puckett who has been missing since New Year’s eve, 12, 31, 6, in Aurora, Colorado. A $10,000 reward is now being offered for locating a 6-year-old missing Aurora boy. The Arapahoe County Search and Rescue, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, the Denver Police Department and the FBI are assisting in the search. David Puckett went missing on Saturday night near Olympic Park.
More than 150 volunteers helped search for David on Sunday. He David was last seen at 5:30 p.m. Saturday in the 15700 block of East Amherst Place.
He was last seen wearing camouflage pants, a black shirt, a thin tan coat, and black and orange boots, police said. He is described as 3-foot and 48 pounds, with light brown hair and brown eyes.
Police said he has a slight to moderate learning disability. McCoy said police believe David wandered off.
Three tip lines are set up for the case: 303-739-1865, 303-739-1868 and 303-739-1870. Metro Denver Crime Stoppers can also be contacted at 720-913-7867.
Aurora Police say the body of a child was found in a pond underneath the ice Tuesday during a search for a 6-year-old Aurora boy who has been missing since Saturday.
The South Metro Fire dive team began searching the small pond in Olympic Park for David Puckett Tuesday morning. A K9 had picked up the boy’s scent in the area Monday night, according to Aurora Police Chief Nick Metz.
Aurora Police had earlier said the search was just a precaution.
POLICE LIVES MATTER!!!
WHO-TV is reporting that two police officers were killed overnight in what is being called as an “ambush-style attack” in Des Moines, Iowa. The incident started at 1:06 a.m. Wednesday with a report of shots fired near 70th and Aurora. The first officer who arrived at that scene found an Urbandale police officer suffering from a gunshot wound. About 20 minutes later, a Des Moines police officer was found shot at the intersection of Merle Hay Road and Sheridan Drive. The names of the officers who were killed have not been released at this time in order to contact and notify their families first. So far, there has been no information about a potential suspect or suspects released by police. There have been no information on a suspect and no arrests have been made at this time.
VIDEO – ABC Action News
Two metro police officers are dead following what is being called an “ambush-style attack” and police say there is a “clear and present danger to police officers right now.”
According to Des Moines police the incident started at 1:06 a.m. Wednesday with a report of shots fired near 70th and Aurora. The first officer who arrived at that scene found an Urbandale police officer in his patrol vehicle, suffering from a gunshot wound. Twenty minutes later a Des Moines police officer was found shot in his patrol vehicle at the intersection of Merle Hay Road and Sheridan Drive. Both officers have died from their wounds.
VIDEO – AP
Des Moines Police are describing the shootings as ambush-style attacks.
At an early morning news conference Sgt. Paul Parizek with the Des Moines Police Department called the attacks a “cowardly act.” He also said, “Somebody out there is shooting police officers. We hope we find him before anybody else gets hurt, we definitely don’t want any of the public, in the community to get hurt but there is a clear and present danger to police officers right now.”
UPDATE I: Des Moines Police Sgt. Paul Parizek discusses the ambush … “There is a clear and present danger to police officers right now.”
As of a 5 a.m. press conference, police were still notifying the family members of the slain officers and planned to withhold the officers’ names, years of service and other details until later in the day, Parizek said.
Streets at both shooting scenes are closed as officers investigate, and classes have been canceled at Urbandale schools today. In Urbandale, the intersection of 70th Street and Aurora Avenue is closed, and in Des Moines, Merle Hay Road is closed between Urbandale Avenue and Hickman Road.
Police had no information on suspects as of 5 a.m. They could not say how many shots were fired or how many people may have been shooting.
Remains ID’d of North Carolina Teen Erica Parsons Who Went Missing in 2011 … Found in South Carolina
The remains were found in the Pageland Mount Croghan area of Chesterfield County Tuesday was that of Erica Parsons who went missing in 2011. The North Carolina girl was last seen in November 2011, but her family didn’t report her missing until July 2013. At the time, she was just 13 years old. Both parents are currently incarcerated in federal prison on numerous counts, including mail fraud and conspiracy to defraud the government, among others. Erica Parsons found buried in rural South Carolina.
Human remains found in Chesterfield County, South Carolina, are confirmed to be those of missing teen Erica Parsons, according to officials, CBS affiliate WBTV reports.
The remains were found in the Pageland Mount Croghan area of Chesterfield County Tuesday. Family members told WBTV they were asked to go to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office on Friday.
According to a release from the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office they, along with the FBI, obtained leads in August of 2016 that Erica was “more than likely deceased.” On September 27, the release states, the remains were located. They were then sent to the NC Medical Examiner’s Office and were identified as the young girl.
Investigators have not said how the remains were located, or indicated how Parsons may have died.
Parsons was reported missing from Rowan County in July of 2013, but had reportedly not been seen for two years prior to that time.
Parsons was reported missing by her adoptive brother, Jamie Parsons, who said she had not been seen since November 2011. Parsons was reportedly adopted by Sandy and Casey Parsons at birth.
Jamie Parsons told investigators he asked his parents where Erica was and they said they had gone to Asheville to take Erica to her grandmother’s residence. He said he has not seen Erica since.
I guess we can add murder to the list as well.
Erica’s adoptive parents, Sandy and Casey Parsons, initially told authorities they had last seen their daughter when she went to a relative’s house – but investigators later determined they were lying, according to WCNC.
Both parents are incarcerated in federal prison on numerous counts, including mail fraud and conspiracy to defraud the government, among others.
Prosecutors in a May 2015 trial said the Parsons continued to claim Erica as a dependent for tax purposes for almost two years before she was finally reported missing.
After Almost 27 Years After the Abduction of 11 Year Old Missing Jacob Wetterling in St. Joseph, MN … His Remains Appear to have Been Found
AFTER NEARLY 27 YEARS, JACOB WETTERLING’S REMAINS APPEAR TO HAVE BEEN FOUND …
It has been nearly 27 years since 11 year old Jacob Wetterling was abducted in St. Joseph, Minnesota; however, it now appears that the investigation in finding him may be over. The remains recovered this past week in central Minnesota are being forensically tested to determine whether they are that of missing Jacob Wetterling. A person of interest has reportedly been cooperating with the case. According to reports, Jacob’s mother, Patty Wetterling, stated Saturday morning that her son’s remains have been found. “All I can confirm is that Jacob has been found and our hearts are broken.” The “person of interest” in the case, Danny Heinrich, has been in federal custody since late October, after authorities arrested him on charges of receiving and possessing child pornography. Some of the material featured children under the age of 12.
Almost 27 years after the abduction of 11-year-old Jacob Wetterling in Minnesota, a long trail of investigation appears to be near its end.
Remains recovered this week in central Minnesota are being tested to determine whether they are Wetterling’s. A “person of interest” in the case cooperated in the investigation, according to reports that first came from KSTP-TV, Minneapolis.
Jacob’s mother, Patty Wetterling, told KARE-TV, Minneapolis, Saturday morning that her son’s remains have been found. “All I can confirm is that Jacob has been found and our hearts are broken. I am not responding to any media yet as I have no words.”
Jacob was kidnapped shortly after 9 p.m. on the night of Oct. 22, 1989, after he and his brother, Trevor, 10, and best friend, Aaron Larson, 11, rode their bikes to a Tom Thumb store not far from the family’s rural home in St. Joseph to rent a video.
As they headed home, a masked man with a gun appeared on the remote dirt road leading to the Wetterling house, told the boys to lie face down in a nearby ditch and asked each his age. He then ordered Trevor and Aaron to run to the woods and not look back. When the boys did, Jacob and the masked man were gone.
In a statement from Patty Wetterling posted to the Jacob Wetterling Resource Center website:
“We are in deep grief. We didn’t want Jacob’s story to end this way. … The Wetterlings had a choice to walk into bitterness and anger or to walk into a light of what could be, a light of hope. Their choice changed the world. … Our hearts are heavy, but we are being held up by all of the people who have been a part of making Jacob’s Hope a light that will never be extinguished. … Jacob, you are loved.”
From 1999: 10th Anniversary of Jacob Wetterling Abduction
They recovered books of child pornography, as well as a DNA sample allegedly tying Heinrich to the kidnapping and sexual assault of another Stearns County boy from the same time period. No charges can be filed in that case, however, as the statute of limitations has passed.
Heinrich’s brother, David Heinrich, his voice breaking with emotion, said Saturday that his prayers were with the Wetterling family.
“I want the Wetterlings to know I had no idea,” David Heinrich told KARE. “I am happy for them that they know — not that he’s passed, but at least they have closure.”