Michael Jackson’s Death Officially Ruled a Homocide by LA County Coroner … Acute Propofol Intoxication.
According to the LA County coroner there were a multitude of drugs that contributed to his death along with propofol.
“The drugs Propofol and Lorazepam were found to be the primary drugs responsible for Mr. Jackson’s death,” the coroner’s office said in a statement Friday. “Other drugs detected were: Midazolam, Diazepam, Lidocaine and Ephedrine.”
The other drugs listed are benzodiazepines typically used to treat anxiety and insomnia.
The full and final autopsy report and the complete toxicology report “will remain on security hold at the request of the Los Angeles Police Department and the Los Angeles County district attorney,” the release said.
It had been speculated since Michael Jackson had died of a cardiac arrest on June 25, 2009 at the age of 50; however, today it was made official that Jackson’s death was caused by another. According to the LA County coroner, propofol and lorazepam were found to be the primary drugs responsible for Mr. Jackson’s death.
The ruling means Jackson died at the hands of another, but whether criminal activity is involved — such as gross negligence or intent to harm — remains undetermined.
Search warrants executed by police and the Drug Enforcement Administration at the home and offices of Conrad Murray, Jackson’s personal physician who was with him in the hours before he died, indicate they are investigating the possibility of manslaughter, excessive use of prescribing medication and prescribing to an addict.
A previously unsealed affidavit showed that Dr. Conrad Murray, Jackson’s personal physician, had been treating Jackson for insomnia for about six weeks.
… had been giving the singer 50 milligrams of propofol every night using an intravenous drip. Murray said he feared Jackson was forming an addiction and tried to wean him off, the report notes, but he gave Jackson the drug on the day of his death after the sleepless singer didn’t respond to several other drugs over several hours.
Murray said he monitored Jackson for 10 minutes after administering the drug, then left to use the restroom, according to the report. When he returned a few minutes later, the report notes, Jackson was no longer breathing.