Mystery Continues into the Death of Michael Jackson … Sedative Diprivan/Propofol Found in Michael Jackson’s Home
As everyone awaits the toxicology report from Michael Jackson’s autopsy, law enforcement officials in said today that they found the powerful sedative Diprivan was found in Michael Jackson’s home.
The powerful sedative Diprivan was found in Michael Jackson’s home, a law enforcement official said Friday.
Diprivan is an anesthetic widely used in operating rooms to induce unconsciousness. Also known as Propofol, it’s administered intravenously and is very unusual to have in a private home.
So why would Michael Jackson need Diprivan? Did he have a prescription for it? What is most puzzling is that Jackson would have access to such sedatives like Diprivan, which is found in a hospital operating room, yet no where in the home was there a crash cart. Did Diprivan play a role in the 50 year old Michael Jackson’s death?
Some medical conditions may interact with this medication . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
if you have inflammation of the pancreas, high lipid levels in the blood, or epilepsy
Michael Jackson reportedly suffered from severe insomnia:
Sources told CNN Friday Jackson suffered from such a severe case of insomnia he traveled with a private anesthesiologist in the mid-1990s.
Dr. Neil Ratner regularly helped “take down” and “bring him back up” during the pop icon’s HIStory tour, sources told CNN.
Many have speculated that Jackson’s cardiac arrest may be attributed to an adverse reaction to the taking of multiple prescription drugs.
The revelation adds further evidence to the theory that prescription drugs played a role in the pop star’s death.
A California nurse has said Jackson begged her for Propofol for months. In a phone call from one of his staffers days before his death, she became convinced he had gotten his hands on some.
Experts say the drug can lead to cardiac arrest, especially when combined with others.
Several months ago, Jackson had begun badgering Ms Lee about Diprivan, also known as Propofol, she told the Associated Press. It is an anaesthetic drug widely used in operating rooms to induce unconsciousness, generally given through an IV needle in the hand.