Prosecutor Says One of the Natalee Holloway Suspects Wrote Teen was Dead … But Suspects are Allowed to no longer be considered Suspects
Hey Aruba … If a Divi Divi tree falls in the woods and no one sees it, does it make a noise?
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Aruban Circular Logic known as corruption. It would have to be because no one could be this obtuse.
The prosecutors have stated that because they do not have Natalee Holloway’s body, they cannot prosecute a crime because they cannot reconstruct what happened nor can they figure out what exact role the suspects played.
The fact that the body of the missing teenager was never found is for the OM ‘an important shortage’ in the possible reconstruction of what had exactly happened. “Because of that, the current dossier cannot give sufficient answer on the question which punishable facts took place in the night of Holloway’s disappearance, nor can it answer the question what the exact role of the suspects was in this” (SM 12/19/07)
Frankly, they could have been provided an exact video tape of the crime and these clowns would not have been able nor willing to connect the dots. Now we are presented today from the prosecutor that one of the suspects wrote that Natalee was dead. An admission from a suspect that the victim was dead; however, in Aruba that means nothing. At least in this case it does not.
ORANJESTAD, Aruba (AP) — One of three top suspects in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway wrote during an Internet chat session that the teenager was dead, Aruba’s chief prosecutor said Thursday.
Prosecutor Hans Mos refused to identify the person who wrote the message but said its discovery had contributed to the decision to re-arrest Joran van der Sloot and brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe last month.
The men were subsequently released after they refused to speak to authorities about newly uncovered evidence. The Aruba Public Prosecutor’s Office said Tuesday it will not charge the three.
Mos said their re-arrests had been warranted by the circumstantial evidence, including statements from witnesses who said the three behaved strangely in the hours after Holloway vanished at age 18 on May 30, 2005 during an Aruba vacation with her Alabama high school graduating class.
Would someone in Aruba like to explain how in the hell that a suspect states that the victim, Natalee Holloway, is dead yet not only are all three suspects released from jail, but they are no longer considered suspects! However, they remain “persons of interest”. Why didn’t the three just remain suspects?
Mos refused to reveal details of other evidence that he said was gathered through new investigative techniques and a listening device planted in one of the suspects’ homes. Mos said van der Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers remain “the primary three persons of interest.”
“Any and all leads and new evidence will be investigated,” Mos said.
UPDATE I: Comments from Jossy Mansur regarding Prosecutor Mos and New Evidence
In the meantime, Mos did hold a press conference today to explain the so-called evidence that he based himself on – the testimony of girl who spoke to Joran about 5 hours after Natalee disappeared – a new technical interpretation of the laptops confiscated, that showed a new time line that contradicts the versions given so far by the three – tape interviews from the two brother’s home of conversations between them related to the disappearance of Natalee.
Tomorrow, the Kalpoe brothers have called a press conference. It will be interesting to see what they have to say.