Welcome back to the new look SCARED MONKEYS.com. More changes and improvements are still on the way. Scared Monkeys.net forums have also been updates as well. Stay tune for further changes this weekend.
We want to wish all the Father’s a great day. Here are a couple of quotes to share on this day honoring our Dad’s.
- Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope. —Bill Cosby
- “Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!” —Lydia M. Child
- By profession I am a soldier and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder – infinitely prouder – to be a father. A soldier destroys in order to build; the father only builds, never destroys. The one has the potentiality of death; the other embodies creation and life. And while the hordes of death are mighty, the battalions of life are mightier still. It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle field but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, ‘Our Father who art in Heaven”. — Douglas Macarthur
- It is much easier to become a father than to be one. — Kent Nerburn
- Sons have always a rebellious wish to be disillusioned by that which charmed their fathers. — Aldous Huxley
And my favorite Quote that should sit on the desk of every Dad out there…
- By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong. — Charles Wadworth
Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad’s out there.
This just in … Tim Miller and TES are going to Kansas at the request of the Search Director and law enforcement to help in the search for 18 year old Kelsey Smith. TES will be bring a team of 10+ members including water and air search capability. We have also learned that the parents of Jodi Sanderholm, the KS college teen who TES helped in her search will be joining to help in the search efforts as well.
Kelsey Smith was abducted according to police as captured on video surveillance.
For more on the story of missing Kelsey Smith and further updates go to Missing & Exploited.
Update: TES will be arriving tomorrow morning
Person of interest video
Texas EquuSearch Hogs & Horses, Mission for the Missing
Above left: Tim Miller & Cheryl Benskin – Above right: Cindy Wisdom, Courtney Zavala, Tim Miller
Courtney Zavala, Channel 2 News & Tim Miller
On Saturday May 19, 2007 Texas EquuSearch held its 3rd annual Hogs and Horses, “Mission For the Missing” Fund raiser. The event was a tremendous success raising an estimated $62,000. Scared Monkeys attended the event and will have numerous pictures to follow of the event and of the weekend in Texas with Tim Miller and TES. Listen to the Dana Pretzer, Scared Monkeys radio live broadcast at the event, HERE.
Thanks to Cheryl Benskin and all her hard working people who put it all together. A very special thank you to Courtney Zavala, Channel 2 News, for always wanting to be a part of helping TES and the families of missing persons. We were honored to have Dave Holloway as our special guest to join us in the festivities. Red from Scared Monkeys is always a pleasure to have around and we were so glad he could make it. You can catch some coverage and photos of the event on his website www.scaredmonkeys.com . (Texas Equusearch.org)
Scared Monkeys would like to thank Tim Miller, Dave Holloway, Cheryl Lawless, Cindy Wisdom, Cheryl Benskin, Gene Robinson and the numerous others in attendance that we talked to at the event. We would also like to thank the many well wishers who came up to us during the event and most importantly the generosity of so many that made the event such a great success. Your giving will provide for future searches for missing loved ones.
(Tim Miller, TES)
Why they call it “Hogs & Horses”