Breaking: Arrest Made in Connection With Shooting of Two Police Officers in Ferguson, MO … News Conference at 2:30 ET Live Streaming (Update: WAPO Reporting Weapon Recovered)(Update: Suspect Named: Jeffrey Williams)
BREAKING NEWS … AN ARREST HAS BEEN MADE IN CONNECTION WITH TWO FERGUSON, MO POLICE OFFICERS …
As reported at NBC News, an arrest has been made in connection with the shooting of two police officers in Ferguson, Missouri. A press conference with St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert McCulloch and St. Louis County Chief of Police Jon Belmar will be held at 2:30 pm ET Sunday, 1:30 pm CT.
The two police officers shot early Thursday morning outside the Ferguson police station, one a St. Louis county police officer, who is 41 and has been on the force for 14 years, was hit in the shoulder, the other police officer, a Webster Groves officer, who is 32 and has been on the force seven years, was shot in the face. The two officers have since been released from the hospital.
An arrest has been made in connection with the shooting of two police officers in Ferguson, Missouri, officials said Sunday afternoon.
“An arrest has been made in connection with the shooting of two police officers in #Ferguson. Thank you for your help,” the St. Louis County Police Department said in a tweet just after noon local time.
The shooting Thursday — gunshots rang out just as a protest was winding down — left two cops wounded, one with a bullet still lodged in his head.
Police said they have one person in custody in connection with the shootings of two police officers in Ferguson, Missouri, early Thursday.
St. Louis County police have arrested a suspect and recovered a weapon in connection with the shooting of two police officers standing guard during a peaceful protest in Ferguson, Mo., early Thursday, according to a news release.
Officials in Missouri announced a news conference at 2:30 p.m. Eastern time to discuss “an arrest in connection with the shooting at the Ferguson Police Department Thursday morning that left two police officers wounded.”
Law enforcement sources told The Washington Post that a local man was arrested in the late morning on Sunday and that the weapon believed to have been used in the shooting has been recovered.
UPDATE III: From the New Conference.
- 20 year old Jeffrey Williams named shooting suspect in Ferguson, MO. Williams is currently in police custody.
- The 20 year old suspect has been charged with Aggravated assault, assault in the first degree, a class A felony.
- The individual in custody has acknowledged to firing the shots at the two police officers.
- St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert McCulloch confirmed that a weapon has been recovered.
- The weapon recovered was a handgun recovered at his residence.
- He was a demonstrator and has been a part of other protests in Ferguson, MO.
- He was currently on probation for receiving stolen property.