Ferguson, MO Police Shooting News Conference at 2:30 ET – VIDEO (Update: Suspect Named: Jeffrey LeeHoust Williams – Picture)(Williams was a Protestor)(Charged with 2 Counts of Aggravated Assault)
Ferguson, MO Police Shooting News Conference at 2:30 ET
This afternoon St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert McCulloch named 20 year old Jeffrey Williams named shooting suspect in the police shooting of two police officers in Ferguson, MO.
- 20 year old Jeffrey Williams named shooting suspect in Ferguson, MO. Williams is currently in police custody.
- The 20 year old suspect has been charged with two counts of aggravated assault, assault in the first degree, a class A felony.
- Also charged with one count of firing a weapon from a vehicle, and thee counts of armed criminal action.
- The individual in custody has acknowledged to firing the shots at the two police officers.
- St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert McCulloch confirmed that a weapon has been recovered.
- The weapon recovered was a handgun recovered at his residence.
- He was a demonstrator and has been a part of other protests in Ferguson, MO and from Ferguson.
- There was an arrest warrant out for Jeffrey Williams previously who had not seen his probation officer for 7 months.
- Williams does not live far from Ferguson.
- He was currently on probation for receiving stolen property.
- Suspect claims that he was not targeting at the police, claims he had a dispute with other people and were firing at them.
- McCulloch said, “We’re not completely buying that part of it.”
- McCulloch confirms the red vehicle is part of the investigation.
PRESS CONFERENCE: St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert McCulloch suspect arrest of two Ferguson police officers
County Prosecuting Attorney Robert McCulloch said Jeffrey Williams was charged with two counts of assault in the first degree, one count of firing a weapon from a vehicle, and thee counts of armed criminal action.
McCulloch said Williams admitted firing the shots, but said he was shooting at someone else.
“We’re not sure we buy that part of it,” McCulloch said, adding that the handgun used in the shooting has been recovered.
He said Williams was involved in the demonstration that was wrapping up when the incident took place. Williams, he said, was being held in lieu of $300,000 cash bail.
A man who participated in a protest outside the Ferguson police station Wednesday returned and fired shots — possibly at someone other than police — that wounded two officers, authorities said Sunday.
Jeffrey Williams, 20, was charged with two counts of first-degree assault, one count of firing a weapon from a vehicle and three counts of armed criminal action. He was in custody, with cash-only bail set at $300,000.
“It is possible that he was firing at someone other than the police,” St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert P. McCulloch said at a press conference Sunday. He said there had been civilians between Williams and the officers who were wounded.
UPDATE III: Picture 20 year old Jeffrey Williams, individual with previous record who was on probation and in possession of a handgun. I am most certain he did not have a permit to carry a handgun, nor went through any of the hoop that we law-abiding citizens have to.
Pic Hat Tip – The Conservative Tree House