Last week we did a post on the US House races in New York state and the potential loses and the purge of Democrats. In a dark blue state like NY … could it really be possible that House races could flip to Republicans? Even though the Senate and Governor races went to the Democrats, it is the House races that are the real story.
Let’s go to the election results and see how those races are going in NY state.
1. Hall (D) v. Hayworth (R): In the U.S. House District 19 with 45% Precincts Reporting the Republican Hayworth has a 53% to 47% lead over Democrat Hall.
RACE CALLED FOR REPUBLICAN HAYWORTH … GOP +1
2. Bishop (D) v. Altschuler (R): U.S. House District 1 with 30% Precincts Reporting the Republican Altshuler is trailing by only 2% to Democrat Bishop 51% to 49%.
3. McCarthy (D) v. Becker (R): In the U.S. House District 4 with 10% Precincts Reporting, Republican Becker has a 58% to 42% lead over Democrat Carolyn McCarthy.
4. Owens (D) v. Doheny (R):In the U.S. House District 23 with 48% Precincts Reporting the Democrat Owens has a 48% to 46% lead over Doheny.
5. Israel (D) v. Gomez (R): U.S. House District 2 with 28% Precincts Reporting, the Democrat has a 56% to 43% lead.
6. Arcuri (D) v. Hanna (R)- In the U.S. House District 24 with 52% Precincts Reporting Republican challenger Hanna has a 55% to 45% lead over incumbent Arcuri.
REPUBLICAN ARCURI DECLARED WINNER … GOP +2
7. Grimm (R) v. McMahon (D) – In the U.S. House District 13 with 44% Precincts Reporting, Grim leads 50% to 49%.
8. Reed (R) v. Zeller (D) - In the U.S. House District 29 with 91% Precincts Reporting, Republican Tom Reed has been declared the winner over incumbent Democrat Matt Zeller 56% to 45%.
RACE CALLED FOR REPUBLICAN REED … GOP +3
9. Gibson (R) v. Murphy (D) – U.S. House District 20 with 88% Precincts Reporting …
RACE CALLED FOR THE GOP CHALLENGER GIBSON +4