Show Your Support for Natalee Holloway … (Aruba) ATA is a major Sponsor at The Boston Globe Travel Show March 23-25
This weekend Aruba and the ATA are participating and are a major sponsor in Boston, MA at the Boston Globe Travel Show. As with the boycott of Aruba, it is a personal choice done by individuals, not a concerted effort by large organizations or states. The power of the people and your right to decide where one wishes to spend their hard earned money on a vacation is a personal choice. The fact that many Americans chose not to go to Aruba anymore is a direct result of the inaction and unwillingness to solve and prosecute the case of Natalee’s disappearance.
A group of individuals will be going to Boston this weekend. A long time poster at Scared Monkeys, Richard, has provided us with the letter below. Join Richard and others in Boston and help provide, “Justice for Natalee”. Stand up for Natalee.
My name is Richard, and I’ve been posting here about the Natalee Holloway case for some time. Now I’m organizing a protest. You may know that the Boston Globe Travel Show is being held on March 23-25, and Aruba Tourism Authority is a major sponsor.Boston and New England are big tourist markets for Aruba. The ATA comes here even as Aruba does nothing on Natalee’s case. The Holloway Twittys continue to fight a foreign government (or two) with no help from Washington. No help from the travel industry, the gaming industry, or the hotel industry, all of which have financial interests in the Aruban economy.Who will help the family? “We the people.” Some of us will be at Boston, reminding people about the case and urging them not to go to Aruba. ”No justice for Natalee? No tourists for Aruba.”
Here’s what we won’t do:
- Anything violent or illegal. We want to persuade people, not force them.
- Debate theories about what happened. We won’t give answers, we’ll seek them.
- Confront Arubans. We don’t want to argue with Arubans, but to persuade Americans.
- Speak for the Holloway Twitty family. We do not represent them or receive support from them, and they did not ask us to do this. We are doing this to fight an injustice.Here’s what we will do:
- Wear T-shirts with Natalee’s picture. This is the single most powerful visual element we can use to state our case.
- Have handouts with timelines of the case, Aruba’s lies and evasions, steps and mis-steps, and various other details.
- We will refer to this and other blogs as reference material.
The Face of Aruban Tourism
Aruba wonders why their tourism continues to decline.
Updates to follow …
If you want to help, ask Red or Tom to send me your email and I’ll contact you. It’s been nearly two years since Natalee vanished that night. A crime was committed. We want the guilty punished, and Natalee returned home. We will fight for these goals.Come join us in Boston! Stand up for Natalee!
(Page 1, click on doc to enlarge)