Heavy Police Presence Expected for the 2015 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City



In the wake of the terror attacks in Paris, there is a expected to be a heavy police presence at this years Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City. Snoopy, Hello Kitty, SpongeBob and the Kool-Aid dude will be well protected by by a multitude of levels of security . Despite the pre-parade terror jitters, New York officials are expecting huge crows up to 3.5 million spectators in the parades 89th year.

As an expected three million spectators turn their eyes skyward on Thursday morning, police sharpshooters on rooftops will be peering down for any signs of trouble at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.

In addition to Snoopy and SpongeBob floating overhead, there will be mobile cameras and police helicopters, specially trained police dogs sniffing for traces of explosives and officers patrolling on horseback, said James P. O’Neill, the New York Police Department’s chief of department, its highest-ranking uniformed officer.

Observation posts, staffed by officers from the elite Emergency Service Unit, will be watching for suspicious activity; officers will use radiation detectors to seek out evidence of a dirty bomb; and teams of plainclothes officers will mix unobtrusively with revelers spread along the two and a half miles of the Manhattan parade route between 9 a.m. and noon.

“There will be a lot of police presence,” said Chief O’Neill, outlining elements of the department’s security measures at a briefing this week.

“Things the public will see and, of course, things the public will not see,” he said. “All of this will ensure that New York City has a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving, as we do every year.”

With a record parade crowd expected, William J. Bratton, the police commissioner, said there would be more officers on duty than in the past. He encouraged people to “come on down” to see the parade, free from the anxieties the Paris attacks have sown, and to pitch in as extra eyes for law enforcement.

“There is no threat being directed against the parade,” Mr. Bratton said.

Joshua Campbell, a spokesman for the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Washington, echoed that, saying in an email, “There remains no specific or credible threat to the homeland.”

Try Not to Discuss Politics at Thanksgiving Dinner … But If You Have To, Here Are Some Pointers



So what does one do when a progressive, lib decides to ruin Thanksgiving Day and brings up their liberal talking points and how Barack Obama is God’s gift to humanity? My first thought is lock them in the closet, maybe no one will miss them. Seriously, the answer is ignore them, change the story to puppies and kittens, because everyone has an opinion on their pet. But remember, your young liberal relative probably doesn’t have a job and has been preparing for this as they had previously received their Obama agenda talking points via the DNC. Your only hope is that your liberal relative stayed up all night playing video games the night before and might be drowsy.  But if ignoring the twerp doesn’t work and he/she keeps leaving the kids table to annoy with their moronic liberal talking points, you can always turn to an article from the Washington Free Beacon, ‘How to Talk to Your Pansy Marxist Nephew at Thanksgiving.’

Legal Insurrection has a multitude of ideas and examples of how not to discuss talk turkey, when you could be eating it.

Watch below, Dana Perino’s do’s and don’ts of talking politics at Thanksgiving. I think Dana’s best bit of advice is to start drinking early :) . That has always served me well in the past in dealing with my LEFT-wing, lunatic brother in law. Also, don’t be emotional and don’t let your arguments get to the point of throwing food.

Daily Commentary – Thursday, November 26, 2015 – Happy Thanksgiving to All My Friends in the United States!

  • Hope you have a wonderful day with family and friends

Daily Commentary – Thursday, November 26, 2015 Download

Away in a Manger … Newborn Baby Discovered in New York Church’s Baby Jesus Nativity Scene



A new born baby was discovered at the Holy Child of Jesus Church in New York in the Nativity scene in the manger. The baby still had the umbilical cord attached and was thought to be only a few hours old. The child was rushed to Jamaica Hospital for treatment, but was said to be healthy and in stable condition. The unknown mother obviously did not follow New York’s “safe haven” law when she abandoned the baby in the manger, but on the bright side, she did not abort it and now one of God’s children has a chance to be adopted and live the rest of its life.

New York has a so-called safe haven law that says a newborn can be dropped off anonymously at a church, hospital, police or fire station without fear of prosecution. But the law, known as the Abandoned Infant Protection Act, requires that the child be left with someone or for authorities to be called immediately.

Police said that didn’t happen in this case, which led investigators to begin searching for the person who dropped the child at the church.

Portland Press Herald:

The custodian on duty at the Holy Child of Jesus Church in New York this week beheld a scene straight out of Scripture. Hearing the sound of a baby’s cry, he found a newborn wrapped in towels lying inside, of all places, the wooden manger of the church’s nativity scene.

The infant, who weighed about 5 pounds, still had his umbilical cord attached. As emergency crews arrived to take him to the Jamaica Hospital in Queens, his eyes remained closed, his slight arms outstretched towards the sky.

“For unto us a child is born,” Rev. Christopher Ryan Heanue announced on the parish’s Facebook page. “Let us pray for this child, for his parents and for whomever will receive him into their home.”

The identity of the baby’s mother is still unknown, though police told the New York Times that a video shows a woman arriving with the baby and departing without him. She likely entered the church between 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Monday, the period in which the custodian left the empty chapel for lunch.

Doctors said the baby had been born just four to five hours before he was found, and police told the Associated Press that he is in good health.

UPDATE I: Mother Who Left Baby in NYC Nativity Manger Won’t Be Charged.

A mother who left her newborn baby in a Christmas manger inside a New York City church will not be prosecuted, authorities said Wednesday.

“After a full review of all the facts and circumstances surrounding the discovery of a newborn infant this past Monday in a creche inside of Holy Child Jesus Church in the Richmond Hill section of Queens County – including locating and interviewing the mother – my office has determined that no criminal prosecution of the child’s mother is warranted,” Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said in a statement.

Daily Commentary – Wednesday, November 25, 2015 – City of Chicago Bracing for Protests After Video is Released

  • Of a graphic video showing a Chicago police officer shooting and killing a black teen. The officer has been charged with first degree murder.


UPDATE I: Chicago Policeman Facing Murder Charges After Gunning Down Black Teen.

A black teen running down the road was shot sixteen times by a Chicago police officer. He had PCP in his system and a small knife on his person. At no point did he seem to make any threatening moves toward any of the multiple police officers who were on the scene that night. Here we are, months later, and we are seeing the video for the first time.

UPDATE II: Chicago releases dash-cam video of fatal shooting after cop charged with murder:

Hours after a Chicago police officer was ordered held without bond on a first-degree murder charge, the city released a shocking police dash-cam video that captured the white officer opening fire on an African American teen on a Southwest Side street, striking him 16 times and killing him.

The video is about six minutes long and appears to show 17-year-old Laquan McDonald running down the middle of Pulaski Road near 41st Street when Officer Jason Van Dyke, standing next to his SUV, opens fire.

It was released to the media after a late afternoon news conference by Superintendent Garry McCarthy and Mayor Rahm Emanuel.

McCarthy said he understood how people will feel watching the video but urged calm.

“The officer in this case took a young man’s life, and he’s going to have to account for his actions,” McCarthy said.  “People have a right to be angry, people have a right to protest.”

18 Year Old Austrian Jihadi Bride Samra Kesinovic Beaten to Death after Trying to Escape ISIS



I guess this is not quite the girl meets terrorist romance that the 18 year old Austrian girl had dreamed of. According to the NY Post,  18 year old Samra Kesinovic, who fled Austria in 2014 with her friend, 15 year old Sabina Selimovic, to become a jihadi bride has been killed by ISIS. IMAGINE THAT … and I thought those ISIS dudes just so respected women? It is being reported that this beautiful Austrian girl was beaten to death by ISIS after she tried to flee the terror group.

Let this be a lesson to the rest of you foolish girls in the United States and around the world, if you want romance and are having trouble meeting a guy, join a dating site like eHarmony or Match.com, if you want to die join ISIS.

Samra Kesinovic_ISIS bride killed

Before and After … what the hell was this girl thinking?

One of the two teens who fled Austria last year to become a “poster girl” for ISIS has been beaten to death after trying to escape the group’s Syrian stronghold of Raqqa, reports say.

A Tunisian woman who had been living with Samra Kesinovic, 18, says the young girl was killed by Islamic State extremists after she tried to flee recently, according to The Local Austria.

Kesinovic and her friend Sabina Selimovic, 15, made headlines in April 2014 when they ran away from their homes in Vienna and shacked up with militants in Syria.

The gal pals had traveled to the war-torn nation with the hope of becoming “jihadi brides” — and they later married two of the ISIS militants upon their arrival.

One has to wonder what is going on in the mind of a teen and how easily influenced one must be for a girl, of who ISIS treats as third class citizens, would ever purposely run off and meet up with these killers. The end cannot be that much of a surprise to any common sense thinking person.


The Dana Pretzer Show – Tuesday, November 24, 2015 – Join us Tonight for an Hour Long Discussion with Author David




The Dana Pretzer Show – Tuesday, November 24, 2015 Download Podcast

Daily Commentary – Tuesday, November 24, 2015 – Preview of Tonights Dana Pretzer Show with Author David Merkatz

  • David Merkatz discusses his book Wrongly Charged about being falsely accused of major felonies

Daily Commentary – Tuesday, November 24, 2015 Download

Posted November 24, 2015 by
Dana Pretzer, Scared Monkeys Radio | no comments

Intelligence Analysts Accuse CENTCOM of Covering Up Cooked ISIS Intel … The Obama Policy on ISIS is a Disaster!!! Did WH Pressue to Ease Off on ISIS Intel?



SORRY, BUT NOTHING SHOULD SHOCK US ANYMORE AS TO WHAT COMES FROM THE OBAMA WHITE HOUSE … From The Daily Beast comes the following troubling new story … Allegations are mounting that senior intelligence officials at Central Command not only skewed findings on the ISIS war to please D.C., but tried to hide what they did. But weren’t we just told by White House Spox Josh Earnest that Barack  Obama will spend the next year with “a clear eyed assessment of his view of what’s happening” when it comes to dealing with ISIS? Let’s be serious folks, Barack Obama has never taken the threat of ISIS seriously. It is Obama who called them the JV. Josh Ernest has claimed that Obama is not afraid of receiving bad news. Really? One might add the caveat of receiving, listening and acting upon bad news are three completely separate things. Why does plausible deniability come to mind here with this story with regards to Barack Obama?

So where did the coverup and cooking of ISIS intel start and were they ordered to do so? Fox News was told by a source close to the CENTCOM analysts that the pressure on them included at least two emails saying they needed to “cut it out” and “toe the line.”

Analysts at U.S. Central Command were pressured to ease off negative assessments about the Islamic State threat and were even told in an email to “cut it out,” Fox News has learned – as an investigation expands into whether intelligence reports were altered to present a more positive picture.

Those emails, among others, are now in the possession of the Pentagon inspector general. The IG’s probe is expanding into whether intelligence assessments were changed to give a more positive picture of the anti-ISIS campaign.


Click HERE or on PIC to watch VIDEO via Fox News

In July, a group of intelligence analysts at the U.S. military’s Central Command accused their bosses of distorting and selectively editing intelligence reports about the fight against ISIS in order to portray that campaign as more successful than it really was. As a result of those complaints, the Pentagon’s inspector general opened an investigation.

Now, the allegations of misconduct have extended to a possible cover-up, with some analysts accusing the senior intelligence officials at CENTCOM, Maj. Gen. Steven Grove and his civilian deputy, Gregory Ryckman, of deleting emails and files from computer systems before the inspector general could examine them, three individuals familiar with the investigation told The Daily Beast.

One U.S. official said the alleged activity could amount to obstruction and interference with the inspector general’s investigation, which began last summer. He noted that files relevant to the investigation began to disappear from CENTCOM computers after the Pentagon watchdog’s staff began their work.

Two sources said that investigators are piecing together a trail of emails and reports to find out what may have been deleted, as well as what officials outside CENTCOM knew about potential manipulation of intelligence.

The analysts themselves have taken steps to preserve material that could be used as evidence, these people said.

All three individuals spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the investigation publicly.

Food for thought from Town Hall.com:

Further, Earnest argued Obama will spend the next year with “a clear eyed assessment of his view of what’s happening” when it comes to dealing with ISIS.

There are two major problems with these claims and assertions. First, last week investigative reporter Sharyl Attkisson revealed that her sources, who have worked in the White House, have told her Obama is flat out rejecting intelligence about Islamic groups he doesn’t consider terrorists.

“I have talked to people who have worked in the Obama administration who firmly believe he has made up his mind, I would say closed his mind, they say, to the intelligence they try to bring him about various groups he does not consider terrorists even if they’re on the U.S. list of designated terrorists,” Attkisson said during an interview with Newsmax. “I don’t know the reasoning for it I’ve only been told by those who have allegedly attempted to present him or been in the circle that has attempted to present him with certain intelligence that they said he doesn’t want it, he said he doesn’t want it or he won’t read it in some instances.”

Second, we’ve been hearing for months about the manipulation and downgrading of ISIS intelligence to make the situation in Iraq and Syria look better before being presented to Obama in the Oval Office.

The State Department Issues Travel Alert to U.S. Citizens Due to Increased Terrorist Threats During Busiest Travel Time



Obama_be Afraid

New York Daily News

Ahead of the busiest travel season for Americans, the U.S. State Department has issued a travel alert for U.S. citizens to possible risks of travel due to increased terrorist threats. Although the State Department claims there has been no credible intelligence regarding a specific threat, they are still putting forth the warning. So what do they really know that they are not telling us? The Daily Caller makes an interesting point, Travel alerts are not uncommon for the State Department as they routinely issue warnings for Americans traveling abroad to various hotspots to on guard or consider canceling their plans altogether. However, in light of recent events, the State Department has taken the unusual step of issuing a “Worldwide Travel Alert.”

So be safe in your travels both home and abroad and of course there is no such thing as radical Islam tied to terrorism.


State Department’s travel website.

The State Department alerts U.S. citizens to possible risks of travel due to increased terrorist threats. Current information suggests that ISIL (aka Da’esh), al-Qa’ida, Boko Haram, and other terrorist groups continue to plan terrorist attacks in multiple regions.  These attacks may employ a wide variety of tactics, using conventional and non-conventional weapons and targeting both official and private interests.  This Travel Alert expires on February 24, 2016.

Authorities believe the likelihood of terror attacks will continue as members of ISIL/Da’esh return from Syria and Iraq.  Additionally, there is a continuing threat from unaffiliated persons planning attacks inspired by major terrorist organizations but conducted on an individual basis.  Extremists have targeted large sporting events, theatres, open markets, and aviation services.  In the past year, there have been multiple attacks in France, Nigeria, Denmark, Turkey, and Mali.  ISIL/Da’esh has claimed responsibility for the bombing of a Russian airliner in Egypt.

U.S. citizens should exercise vigilance when in public places or using transportation.  Be aware of immediate surroundings and avoid large crowds or crowed places.  Exercise particular caution during the holiday season and at holiday festivals or events.  U.S. citizens should monitor media and local information sources and factor updated information into personal travel plans and activities.  Persons with specific safety concerns should contact local law enforcement authorities who are responsible for the safety and security of all visitors to their host country.

← Previous PageNext Page →

Support Scared Monkeys! make a donation.

  • NEWS (breaking news alerts or news tips)
  • Red (comments)
  • Dugga (technical issues)
  • Dana (radio show comments)
  • Klaasend (blog and forum issues)
E-mail It