British Police Looking to Question 3 Men (Burglars) in Disappearance of Missing Madeleine McCann … Missing Since 2007 in Praia da Luz, Portugal
Madeleine McCann has been missing since 2007 when she disappeared while on vacation with her family in Praia da Luz, Portugal. ABC News is reporting that British authorities have requested from Portuguese police that they be allowed to question three male suspects in regards to the disappearance of then, 3 year old Maddy McCann. The three men wanted for questioning are believed to be burglars who were operating in the area where Maddy McCann and her family were vacationing when Maddy went missing. According to reports, the 3 men made a “high number” of calls in the hours after Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.
Maddy McCann at 3 years old … could there be a break in case after all these years?
London police appear poised to make an arrest in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, the girl who was 3 when she vanished while on a Portuguese vacation with her family nearly seven years ago.
The arrests of a trio of alleged burglars who had been active in the neighborhood would be the result of Operation Grange, the reopening of the McCann investigation three years ago.
“We can confirm that a second International Letter of Request has been sent to the Portuguese authorities by the Crown Prosecution Services this week… in connection with Operation Grange,” Scotland Yard told ABC News in a statement. The authorities would not discuss any further details.
Scotland Yard is reportedly working with Portuguese police to find, detain and question three men believed to be burglars who were operating in the area where Madeleine and her family were on vacation in Portugal.
After pouring over records containing hundreds of cell phone numbers used during the time Maddie vanished, police found a high number of calls were made between these men in the hours after her disappearance
After a renewed push for leads in the case of missing British girl Madeleine McCann, authorities in the United Kingdom are turning to Portuguese officials for help.
A letter sent by the Crown Prosecution Services to authorities in Portugal on Friday is requesting permission to conduct interviews in connection with the girl’s 2007 disappearance from her family’s holiday villa in the resort town of Praia da Luz.
Pedro do Carmo, the deputy national director of the Judiciary Police in Portugal, said Portuguese authorities have not yet received the letter, but he noted the latest lines in the Scotland Yard investigation focus on three people. Do Carmo declined to provide the nationalities of those three people, who he said have not been detained.
Are UK police ready to make arrests in this nearly 7 tear old missing person’s case?
For more updates, read others comments and analysis and to provide your own, go to Scared Monkeys Missing Person’s Forum: Madeleine McCann.
The Dana Pretzer Show – Monday, October 14, 2013 – With Special Guests Robin Sax, Pat Brown and Brent Butt
LISTEN TO THE DANA PRETZER SHOW ON SCARED MONKEYS RADIO AT 9PM ET
Dana welcomes special guests:
- Robin Sax discussing new developments in the Madeleine McCann case
- Pat Brown discussing new developments in the Madeleine McCann case
- Comedian / TV Personality Brent Butt
LISTEN TONIGHT LIVE AT 9 PM ET
The Dana Pretzer Show – Monday, October 14, 2013 Download Podcast
Daily Commentary – Monday, October 14, 2013 – Preview of Tonights Dana Pretzer Show With Robin Sax, Pat Brown and Brent Butt
- Don’t miss tonight show with Robin Sax and Pat Brown discussing the Madeleine McCann case and TV personality/comedian Brent Butt
UK Police Release Two “e-fit” Images of Man Thought to be Suspect in the Disappearance of Missing Madeleine McCann
Madeleine McCann went missing on the evening of May 3, 2007 while her family was on vacation in Praia da Luz, Portugal. However, the investigation continues as Scotland Yard continues to work toward finding answers as to what happened to Maddy McCain and where is she. UK police have released two “e-fit” images of the same man who witnesses say is a man that they saw the night that Madeleine McCann went missing. Detectives are asking for the public’s help to identify the man in the picture.
Police in Britain have released images of a man whose identification is of “vital importance” to the investigation into the 2007 disappearance of a 3-year-old girl from a Portuguese town.
The two so-called “e-fit” images, constructed digitally with the help of statements from witnesses who say they saw the man on the night that Madeleine McCann went missing. will be featured in a BBC documentary on the case that will be broadcast across Britain Monday night.
The man is described as being white, aged between 20-40 years old, with short brown hair, of medium build, medium height and clean shaven.
One of the main priorities for the investigation is being able to identify the man who is being described, police added.
The witnesses have described the man in the e-fit as being white, aged between 20 and 40 years old, with short brown hair, of medium build, medium height and clean shaven.
Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, the senior investigating officer, said: “Whilst this man may or may not be the key to unlocking this investigation, tracing and speaking to him is of vital importance to us.
“We have witnesses placing him in the resort area around the time of Madeleine’s disappearance.
“This is far from our only line of inquiry and there will be e-fits released of other sightings as well, who we are equally keen to trace. These people were seen on the day of Madeleine’s disappearance and the days leading up to it.”
UK Police Say Phone Records May Hold Key to Solving the Disappearance of Missing Madeleine McCann (Update: Was Maddy McCann ‘spotted alive weeks ago’?)
Madeleine McCann has been missing since May 2007 when the 3 year old disappeared while on vacation with her family in Praia da Luz, Portugal. As reported at the BBC, British police believe that mobile phone records may hold the key to figuring out what happened to Madeleine McCann. Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood stated, officers were examining a “substantial amount of data” from thousands of mobile phones.
Scotland Yard officers are analyzing data from phones belonging to people in the village at the time – 41 people of interest have been identified. [...]
Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, who is leading the inquiry, said officers were examining a “substantial amount of data” from thousands of mobile phones thought to belong to people who were in the resort of Praia da Luz in the days just before, during and after Madeleine’s disappearance.
Police are trying to identify the owner of each phone to build up a picture of exactly who was in the area. More than 3,000 people live in Praia de Luz, while holidaymakers and seasonal workers visit from countries across the world.
Missing Madeleine McCann – Age progression
It is too early to speculate on the success of the latest Crimewatch appeal into Madeleine McCann’s disappearance, police said today.
Met Police assistant commissioner Mark Rowley said it is hoped the TV appeal next week will produce new witnesses, but a conclusion to the case is not imminent.
A reconstruction featuring the “latest, most detailed understanding” of the events leading up to the youngster’s disappearance will be shown on BBC Crimewatch next Monday.
A barrister revealed a man boasted to him he believes he met her on a Mediterranean island.
The man’s shock confession was made at a party in the North-west of England – and the lawyer was convinced by the level of detail.
The barrister, who wishes to remain anonymous, admitted he was shaken up by the encounter. Police were informed the next day.
Greater Manchester Police are preparing a file for Scotland Yard’s Operation Grange, which is leading the hunt for the youngster.
Breaking down in tears, the lawyer said: “I can’t tell you exactly why I believe what I was being told. It was just a gut feeling. I knew that by reporting it, it would compromise me in all sorts of ways.