British Police Looking to Question 3 Men (Burglars) in Disappearance of Missing Madeleine McCann … Missing Since 2007 in Praia da Luz, Portugal


Madeleine McCann has been missing since 2007 when she disappeared while on vacation with her family in Praia da Luz, Portugal. ABC News is reporting that British authorities have requested from Portuguese police that they be allowed to question three male suspects in regards to the disappearance of then, 3 year old Maddy McCann. The three men wanted for questioning are believed to be burglars who were operating in the area where Maddy McCann and her family were vacationing when Maddy went missing. According to reports, the 3 men made a “high number” of calls in the hours after Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.

Madeleine McCann

Maddy McCann at 3 years old … could there be a break in case after all these years?

London police appear poised to make an arrest in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, the girl who was 3 when she vanished while on a Portuguese vacation with her family nearly seven years ago.

The arrests of a trio of alleged burglars who had been active in the neighborhood would be the result of Operation Grange, the reopening of the McCann investigation three years ago.

“We can confirm that a second International Letter of Request has been sent to the Portuguese authorities by the Crown Prosecution Services this week… in connection with Operation Grange,” Scotland Yard told ABC News in a statement. The authorities would not discuss any further details.

Scotland Yard is reportedly working with Portuguese police to find, detain and question three men believed to be burglars who were operating in the area where Madeleine and her family were on vacation in Portugal.

After pouring over records containing hundreds of cell phone numbers used during the time Maddie vanished, police found a high number of calls were made between these men in the hours after her disappearance


After a renewed push for leads in the case of missing British girl Madeleine McCann, authorities in the United Kingdom are turning to Portuguese officials for help.

A letter sent by the Crown Prosecution Services to authorities in Portugal on Friday is requesting permission to conduct interviews in connection with the girl’s 2007 disappearance from her family’s holiday villa in the resort town of Praia da Luz.

Pedro do Carmo, the deputy national director of the Judiciary Police in Portugal, said Portuguese authorities have not yet received the letter, but he noted the latest lines in the Scotland Yard investigation focus on three people. Do Carmo declined to provide the nationalities of those three people, who he said have not been detained.

Are UK police ready to make arrests in this nearly 7 tear old missing person’s case?

For more updates, read others comments and analysis and to provide your own, go to Scared Monkeys Missing Person’s Forum: Madeleine McCann.

If you liked this post, you may also like these:

  • Search Continues for Missing 3 Year Old Madeleine McCann
  • British authorities Say British authorities Say Missing Madeleine McCann Could Still Be Alive
  • Scotland Yard Says It Will Reopen New Investigation into the Disappearance of Missing Madeleine McCann
  • British News Papers Apologize to Kate and Gerry McCann, Parents of Missing Madeleine McCann
  • Madeleine McCann Missing Since May 3, 2007 in Praia da Luz, Portugal … Police Investigating New Suspect Who Assaulted Other Young Girls & Linked to 12 Crimes at Resorts in Portugal

  • Comments

    Leave a Reply

    Support Scared Monkeys! make a donation.

    • NEWS (breaking news alerts or news tips)
    • Red (comments)
    • Dugga (technical issues)
    • Dana (radio show comments)
    • Klaasend (blog and forum issues)
    E-mail It