THEY LIED … ‘Within Hours’ State Department Emails Show Obama Administration Knew Benghazi Attack Was Claimed Responsibility By Al Qaeda Linked Terror Group Ansar al Sharia
I GUESS THIS WAS NOT OPTIMAL FOR OBAMA … BENGHAZI-GATE … Barack Obama, The Lying King!!! HE KNEW!!!
Because the Barack Obama Administration is all about transparency, eh? NOT! The Obama Administration tried to peddle to the America people that the Benghazi attack was caused by a tape. They knew within two hours of the attack what the real cause of the attack was.
Email obtained by FOX News (see email), show that within hours of the Benghazi, Libya Consulate attack, the US State Department and Obama Administration knew that the attack was a terrorist event as an Al Qaeda linked terror group, Ansar al Sharia, had claimed responsibility. More from the Gateway Pundit, the email was sent to State Department officials, White House officials, Secret Service officials at 6:07 PM EST on 9-11-12. I guess the terror attack and murders of four Americans in Benghazi was not “optimal” for Obama. Indeed. America, who politicized the Benghazi attack?
Hat Tip: The Jawa Report … Obama most certainly Built This
A series of internal State Department emails obtained by Fox News shows some of the initial assessments of last month’s deadly consulate attack in Libya, including one email within hours of the attack that noted the group Ansar al Sharia had claimed responsibility.
The emails provide some of the most detailed information to surface about what officials knew in the initial hours after the attack. And it again raises questions about why U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice, apparently based on intelligence assessments, would claim five days after the attack that it was a ‘spontaneous’ reaction to protests over an anti-Islam film.
Ansar al Sharia has been declared by the State Department to be an Al Qaeda-affiliated group. A member of the group suspected of participating in the Sept. 11 attack in Benghazi has been arrested and is being held in Tunisia.
The emails obtained by Fox News were sent by the State Department to a variety of national security platforms, whose addresses have been redacted, including the White House Situation Room, the Pentagon, the FBI and the Director of National Intelligence.
Fox News was told that an estimated 300 to 400 national security figures received these emails in real time almost as the raid was playing out and concluding. People who received these emails work directly under the nation’s top national security, military and diplomatic officials, Fox News was told.
More from The American Spectator …
They are the most damning evidence to date that the obviously false story about a demonstration in response to a video was known to be a lie from the first time it was uttered by any administration official.
As Ambassador John Bolton said on Tuesday evening, if the video story is an attempt to cover something up, it is a truly stupid cover-up since it is impossible that the existence of these e-mails would not become known.
Even More from Reuters …
The first email, timed at 4:05 p.m. Washington time – or 10:05 p.m. Benghazi time, 20-30 minutes after the attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission allegedly began – carried the subject line “U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi Under Attack” and the notation “SBU”, meaning “Sensitive But Unclassified.”
The text said the State Department’s regional security office had reported that the diplomatic mission in Benghazi was “under attack. Embassy in Tripoli reports approximately 20 armed people fired shots; explosions have been heard as well.”
The message continued: “Ambassador Stevens, who is currently in Benghazi, and four … personnel are in the compound safe haven. The 17th of February militia is providing security support.”
A second email, headed “Update 1: U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi” and timed 4:54 p.m. Washington time, said that the Embassy in Tripoli had reported that “the firing at the U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi had stopped and the compound had been cleared.” It said a “response team” was at the site attempting to locate missing personnel.
A third email, also marked SBU and sent at 6:07 p.m. Washington time, carried the subject line: “Update 2: Ansar al-Sharia Claims Responsibility for Benghazi Attack.”
Is it any wonder why Obama has not had a press conference regarding what happened in Benghazi? It is criminal that the MSM is not going after him for this incompetence of foreign policy and cover up. A note to the liberal MSM … No one died during ‘Watergate”.
As aptly stated by Weasel Zippers … GAME, SET, MATCH!!!
Posted October 24, 2012 by Scared Monkeys
2012 Elections, al-Qaeda, assasination, Barack Obama, Benghazi-Gate, Epic Fail, Libyan Consulate - Amb. Stevens, Misrepresentation, Murder, Obamanation, Presidential Election, Radical Islam, Scandal, Terrorism, The Lying King, Transparency, War on Terror, WTF | 3 comments