DOUBLE TERROR HORROR!!! The country of the Nobel Peace Prize has been shattered by violence and horror
The death toll is up to 85 on the Island of Utoya as 32 your old Anders Behring Breivik slaughtered the youths at a summer camp as he posed as a police man. It is reported by the AP that Breivik lured children to him, then gunned them down and seven shot at kids as they tried to swim away to safety. Correction, sadly the number of dead appears to have risen to 91 as reported in the NY Times.
The Norwegian police on Saturday charged a 32-year-old man, whom they identified as a Christian fundamentalist with right-wing connections, over the bombing of a government center here and a shooting attack on a nearby island that together left at least 92 people dead.
The police said they did not know if the man, identified by the Norwegian media as Anders Behring Breivik, was part of a larger conspiracy. He is being questioned under the country’s terrorism laws, the police said, and is cooperating with the investigation of the attacks, the deadliest on Norwegian soil since World War II.
Some witnesses to the shooting on the island raised the possibility of a second gunman, but police could not confirmed the reports. Still, they did not rule out the possibility.
VIDEO Hat Tip: The Other McCain
Good grief, this individual was just pure evil. The gunman showed no mercy, boasting ‘I’ll kill you all’ … as he continues to murder defenseless children. People are still missing from the island as investigators search on land and the water.
Please say a prayer for the victims, families and loved ones of those that were senselessly murdered.
Earlier in the day, a bomb exploded in Oslo, Norway killing seven people and injuring many more.
They charged a 32-year-old Norwegian man with planting explosives in central Oslo on Friday and a shooting spree on an isolated island hours later, in what added up to the largest attack on Norway since World War II. The death toll rose dramatically overnight and appeared likely to continue to rise, as authorities searched for victims on the island northwest of Oslo.
Some are comparing the bomb blast in Oslo to that of Oklahoma City, the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building and Timothy McVeigh in April 19, 1995.
Police are saying that the suspect Anders Breivik was the individual responsible for both attacks in Norway. Anders Breivik had purchased six tons of fertilizer before the massacre. There is speculation that there might have been a second gunman; however, that has yet to be confirmed.
The Norwegian man suspected in a bombing and shooting spree that killed at least 92 people bought six tons of fertilizer before the massacre, the supplier said Saturday as police investigated witness accounts of a second shooter.
Norway’s royal family and prime minister led the nation in mourning, visiting grieving relatives of the scores of youth gunned down at an island retreat, as the shell-shocked Nordic nation was gripped by reports that the gunman may not have acted alone.
UPDATE I: More VIDEO from the WAPO.
UPDATE II: More VIDEO from Channel 4.