Caylee Anthony Still Missing … Judge to Rule on Gag Order … Padilla to Begin Searching Again and Anthony Family Prefers TES Searches over Bounty Hunter


Gag orders, Padilla new searches and Anthony family prefers TES searches … OH MY!!!

As Caylee Anthony continues to be missing since June 2008, the drama seems to continue to take center stage rather than search efforts to finding Caylee. On Tuesday  Judge Stan Strickland delayed a ruling on placing a gag order on the case of arrested and indicted tot mom Casey Anthony and her kissing 3 year old daughter Caylee. The drama continues … However, all the cameras, all the media attention, all the craziness and the 3 Ring Circus goes away if tot mom Casey Anthony just admits what happened and what she knows. That would be Casey Anthony telling the truth for once.


A state attorney has requested that Circuit Judge Stan Strickland limit statements by prosecutors, defense attorneys, Orange County investigators and the family of defendant Casey Anthony in the case.

Lawyers for both sides agreed that any gag order should be more narrowly tailored and the judge said he hoped to rule by Wednesday.

Defense attorneys have stated that there has been continual leeas of information by the state, yet defense attorney Baez has had no issue going on local and national TV himself. Will there be a gag order? It is certain the media does not want there to be.

Orange County Assistant State’s attorney Jeff Ashton said at Tuesday’s hearing that the girl’s grandparents, Cindy and George Anthony, should be able to discuss their belief that Caylee is alive and their efforts to find her.

Defense attorney Jose Baez said the state has leaked much more information. But Ashton detailed several national television appearances Baez made that he said were designed to influence jurors.

Judge’s Ruling On Gag Order Expected In Casey Anthony Case

WESH: Baez Plans To Fight Casey Case Gag Order; Also: Padilla Plans Return To Search For Caylee


A judge is refused to issue a gag order in the case that had been requested by prosecutors, Wednesday afternoon.

Defense attorney Jose Baez said he should be allowed to continue to speak freely. Baez lashed out at prosecutors Tuesday, blaming them for trying the case through the media.

UPDATE II: Judge denies gag order in Casey Anthony case

A judge today denied the state’s request to prohibit the main players in the Casey Anthony case – her attorney, prosecutors, and her parents – from making public comments.

Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland ruled the legal standard had not been met to issue a gag order in the case.

“The State Attorney’s office argued that the defense team, as well as the Anthony family’s lust for the ‘limelight’ may well sabotage the potential jury pool when the case is ultimately tried. While this argument has some appeal it does not rise to the level of being a serious and imminent threat to the administration of justice,” Strickland wrote in his three-page order. “Further, this court is confident that even with a ‘gag order’ the publicity and media attention would continue unabated.”

In other new, the Orlando Sentinel is reporting that Bounty Hunter Leonard Padilla will be returning to Orlando, FL to search for Caylee Anthony. It is being reported that Padilla has received $50K in donations from an anonymous source.

Leonard Padilla is returning to town. A donor has provided $50,000 to help the bounty hunter continue his search for Caylee Anthony.

That development was the main news this weekend in the Casey Anthony case. She is charged with first-degree murder in her toddler’s disappearance.

“People might call him crazy, but bounty hunter Leonard Padilla says he’s planning an exhaustive new search of the bottom of the Econ River in hopes of finding Caylee Anthony’s remains,” said Bob Kealing of WESH-Channel 2.

WFTV-Channel 9 reported that Padilla would not identify the donor. 

Another Padilla search in Blanchard Park was a false alarm — “a frenzy,” WFTV called it — that received exhaustive live TV coverage earlier this month. Kealing reported that Padilla has not taken a lie-detector test yet about that search. To WESH, Padilla repeated that he did not plant evidence in that unsuccessful search.

In a bizarre and ironic twist of fate after learning that Bounty Hunter Leonard Padilla was returning to Orlando with 3 Ring Circus in tow, Anthony family spokesperson Michelle Bart said that a search by Tim Miller of Texas EquuSearch would be more credible than one by bounty hunter Padilla. Irony, you betcha. After being at odds with Tim Miller and TES for searching for Caylee Anthony’s body rather than the denial live search by the family and Kid Finders, the Anthony’s now support TES.

If you liked this post, you may also like these:

  • Missing Caylee Anthony: The Casey Anthony… Bail Bondsman … Bounty Hunter … Media Saga Continues
  • Caylee Anthony Search of the Century Over as Texas EquuSearch Suspends Operations (“I don’t think Caylee will ever be found”) … However, Bounty Hunter Padilla Continues Searches
  • Could Casey Anthony, Mother of Missing Caylee, Be Released from Jail on Bond Today?
  • Bounty Hunter Says He’s Revoking Bond Posted For Casey Anthony
  • Missing Caylee Anthony: Bounty Hunter Leonard Padilla Criticized, “They’ve Made A Circus Out Of This!” … Casey’s Bail

  • Comments

    11 Responses to “Caylee Anthony Still Missing … Judge to Rule on Gag Order … Padilla to Begin Searching Again and Anthony Family Prefers TES Searches over Bounty Hunter”

    1. JENN on November 26th, 2008 1:05 pm

      Also just released that more website searches were found on Casey Anthony’s computer. These searches were for “Neck Breaking” and “House Hold Weapons.”

      Poor Caylee

    2. JENN on November 26th, 2008 1:28 pm

      ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Court documents show “neck breaking” and “household weapons” were some of the Google searches performed on a computer accessible to the mother of a missing Florida 3-year-old.

      The description of the searches was included in more than 700 pages of court documents released in the case this week.

      The Orlando Sentinel reports that the searches also included “how to make chloraform” and took place in March. Someone also used the computer in March to search for peroxide, acetone, alcohol and “lost numbers.”

      The girl’s mother, Casey Anthony, has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and other charges in the disappearance of her daughter, Caylee. The child disappeared in June, and authorities say her mother didn’t report her missing until July.

    3. Sharon Chicago on November 26th, 2008 1:35 pm

      JENN are you kidding?…. if true the trial
      should begin today!

    4. on November 26th, 2008 3:08 pm

      JENN is not kidding Sharon. Of course we can always wait and see if Joran admits to having grabbed Caylee and sold her into the sex trade industry too.

      Unfortunately for Casey and fortunate for the rest of the world, Floria prosecutors are a bit more serious about solving the case and putting the guilty behind bars than in Aruba.

    5. Jamie on November 26th, 2008 4:05 pm

      No info. on here about the revelation that former Anthony spokesperson Larry Garrison turned over evidence to authorities showing that Cindy Anthony withheld important evidence in the case. Hmmm…looks like he had a good reason to withdraw as spokesperson, after all. It’s all over the Internet…did you miss that one?

    6. Becca on November 26th, 2008 4:50 pm

      I just can not believe all of this with this poor child missing. I only have one question and I have e-mailed it to a lot of sites and news stations, but no one seems to care. Dogs get better treatment than this child does from everyone! Michael Vick killed dogs and how it was proven he was forced to take a polygraph test!I just can not figure out why the law can not make Casey Anthony take a lie detector test! But they made Vick take one. If this was done then everyone could save a lot of tax payers money.SO when someone listens and they force her to take a polygraph then they will find out. SOme times I think everyone likes to listen to this girls lies. She is not better than Vick I’d say. Vick is bad enough.. but Casey mostlikely killed a child.When the law wakes up we will find out the truth and that is the only way. I feel so sorry that people are ready to give up on this child and it has been so long but still no polygraph. When will Orange county and the FBI wake up on this case! Huhhhhhhh maybe never I guess they must want this to become a movie and a long one at that with the main leading lady to be a lier. Oh I have to get off my soap box now but all we need to finish this movie is a POLYGRAPH TEST!

    7. Jeni on November 26th, 2008 5:12 pm

      I just watched the video that you have linked in the article. Watched what the Anthony’s and the kidfinders spokeperson had to say about the photo at the shopping centre. Why don’t they see if the shopping centre has surveillance cameras, this could possibly have who that child arrived with, interacted with, and left with. Also it may show who was taking photos of children playing that day.

    8. donna on November 26th, 2008 10:38 pm

      cindy is insane! the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree!

    9. Becca on November 27th, 2008 2:15 am

      This while family is nutzzzzzzzz I’m afraid. It seems that they all are trying to cover up something here. If Casey is not convicted then something is wrong and I mean really wrong with the justice system.And what is this with prisons these days?? They serve great food and snacks too. Casey gets pretty much of what she wants to eat as the news reports are saying. I just wonder who is paying for this,does anyone know? I thought they ate peanut butter and jelly or hot dogs! And that is too good for anyone in jail with the charges she has against her.I really do believe this child is not alive.If Casey even thought Caylee was alive I would think she would tell her mother or father where she thinks she is or whom for real has her. But there is someone else who know what happened for sure to this child.

    10. JP on November 27th, 2008 7:35 pm

      I have a question rather than a comment. Does anyone know exactly when the concrete slab was poured in the Anthony’s back yard and why the police have not demolished the slab to search for Caylee’s body?

    11. sarah teague on November 28th, 2008 12:24 pm

      I read something the other day where Casey called her attorney in and that she was ready to tell him where Caylee is and that he advised her not to. IF this is true, we, as a nation, should absolutely protest. I know it is the job of a defense attorney to protect his client, but in this situation, where the client is the one that has knowledge of the whereabouts of this precious child, I don’t understand why he wouldn’t allow the truth to be known. Does anyone know if this is true or not? I’ve been praying that Casey would just tell where Caylee is so that George and Cindy could have the honor of saying good-bye. It is the not knowing that is unmerciful. I know! I haven’t known where my firstborn, Heather Danyelle Teague is for over 13 yrs now.
      Matthew 10:26 says that there will be nothing hidden that won’t be revealed. I am claiming this for Caylee, for Heather and for all of the missing people. There is no peace in the hearts of us who lie down at night not knowing if the one we love is cold or hungry or scared or in pain. May God have mercy on the ones that keep their secrets.

    Leave a Reply

    Support Scared Monkeys! make a donation.

    • NEWS (breaking news alerts or news tips)
    • Red (comments)
    • Dugga (technical issues)
    • Dana (radio show comments)
    • Klaasend (blog and forum issues)
    E-mail It