Probably The Worst First Day On The Job Ever


The poor kid… It was his first day working as a plumber.

A 17-YEAR -old rookie plumber has burned down a £5 million ($12 million) waterside mansion in southwest England, after a soldering task during his first day on the job went horribly wrong.
The historic mansion in Kingswear, Devon, was undergoing a £2 million renovation when a fire ripped through the eight-bedroom house overnight.

In just minutes it burned it down to the ground. It is thought the fire started after polystyrene insulation caught alight from the flame of a blow torch. The plumber was working for a firm of sub-contractors.
John Howes, of the Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service, said the plumber was “very upset”, according to the Daily Mail newspaper.
“It appears at this stage that this was an unfortunate plumber who was soldering in the roof space of a large building, which was undergoing total renovation”.   via

Posted April 18, 2007 by
Bizarre | 2 comments

If you liked this post, you may also like these:

  • Worst Cruise News in 2005
  • Hillary Ain’t Gonna Win American Idol
  • Daily Commentary – Friday, July 1, 2016 – Miami is the Worst City to Live in, in the United States
  • September 11, 2001: The Worst Crimes Against Americans In US History- A Memoir On September 11, 2010
  • More Information On the Worst Economy Since Hoover

  • Comments

    2 Responses to “Probably The Worst First Day On The Job Ever”

    1. joe bear on April 18th, 2007 2:19 pm

      I have a job for him,in aruba.Hehe

    2. Allan K on April 19th, 2007 7:56 pm

      _ _ _ _ Happens.

      They make a fire blanket to solder in attics and any other professional would use one or maybe start a smoldering fire.

    Leave a Reply

    Support Scared Monkeys! make a donation.

    • NEWS (breaking news alerts or news tips)
    • Red (comments)
    • Dugga (technical issues)
    • Dana (radio show comments)
    • Klaasend (blog and forum issues)
    E-mail It