Spain Terror Attacks in Barcelona: Van Plows Through Crowded Tourist Area,13 Killed and 100 Injured (VIDEO)
TERROR ATTACK IN SPAIN …
Dozens of people are reportedly injured and dead after a van slammed into the crowded Las Ramblas tourist hotspot in Barcelona, Spain. It is being reported that 13 people have been killed an up to 100 injured in the terror attack. A white van drove through crowd of people swerving from side to side purposely trying to mow down as many individuals as possible. ISIS has since claimed responsibility for the attack. From what it appears, this was not a lone wolf terror attack, it was perpetrated by a terror cell. Sadly, the death toll has risen to 14.
Barcelona Terror Attack: 13 Dead, Dozens Injured – NBC Nightly News
A manhunt was underway for the driver of a van that mowed through crowds of tourists on Barcelona’s most famous avenue on Thursday, killing at least 13 people in an attack that was claimed by Islamic State.
Authorities said the death toll could rise, with more than 100 people injured, some seriously.
Police said they arrested two men, a Moroccan and a man from Spain’s north African enclave of Melilla, though neither was the driver. Witnesses said the driver fled on foot.
It was still not clear how many attackers had been involved.
Hours beforehand, one person was killed in an explosion in a house in a town southwest of Barcelona, in an incident linked to the attack, police added. Residents of the house were preparing explosives, a police source said.
As the manhunt continued into the night, police said several attackers were killed in a shootout during an operation against what they called a possible “terror attack” in Cambrils, another town south of Barcelona.
Earlier in Barcelona, witnesses said the white van zigzagged at high speed down Las Ramblas, a busy avenue thronged with tourists, ramming pedestrians and cyclists, sending some hurtling through the air and leaving bodies strewn in its wake.
Following a deadly vehicle-ramming attack in Barcelona Thursday afternoon — which left at least 13 people killed — a police operation was carried out 90 minutes south of the city in Cambrilla, during which five “terrorists” were killed, officials said.
Police said the operation was in response to a “possible terrorist attack.”
Five “terrorists” were killed in the operation, but initially officials said four people were injured and one person was wounded and detained.
On Twitter, police said they “have killed the alleged perpetrators.” Catalan police told ABC News that they believe the incident in Cambrils is related to the attack in Barcelona earlier Thursday.
Authorities confirmed early Friday morning, the explosive belts carried by the alleged terrorists, were fake.
“We work on the hypothesis that the terrorists killed in Cambrils would be related to the events in Barcelona and Alcanar,” police said. Alcanar is the location of the earlier deadly house explosion that police said was believed to be connected to the Barcelona plot.
More Updates HERE.