Yet another clueless jury, do people understand what they are charged with …
Yesterday, former professional wrestler, former Minnesota governor and 911 truther Jesse Ventura won his court case against American hero Chris Kyle. Actually, since Chris Kyle is dead, Ventura won his defamation law suit against the widow of an American hero. A jury actually awarded Ventura $1.8 million. UNREAL, it would appear we have found a more ignorant one than that of the Casey Anthony case.
Defamation of Character???
A jury awarded former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura $1.8 million Tuesday in his lawsuit against the estate of “American Sniper” author Chris Kyle.
On the sixth day of deliberations, the federal jury decided that the 2012 best-selling book defamed Ventura in its description of a bar fight in California in 2006. Kyle wrote that he decked a man whom he later identified as Ventura after the man allegedly said the Navy SEALs “deserve to lose a few.”
Ventura testified that Kyle fabricated the passage about punching him. Kyle said in testimony videotaped before his death last year that his story was accurate.
Legal experts had said Ventura had to clear a high legal bar to win, since as a public figure he had to prove “actual malice.” According to the jury instructions, Ventura had to prove with “clear and convincing evidence” that Kyle either knew or believed what he wrote was untrue, or that he harbored serious doubts about its truth.
Outrage at Twitchy.com … ‘F*cking disgrace’: Jury helps jagoff Jesse Ventura stick it to Chris Kyle’s widow
Ventura attorney David Bradley Olsen stated Kyle’s claims that Ventura said he hated America, thought the U.S. military was killing innocent civilians in Iraq and that the SEALs “deserve to lose a few” had made him a pariah in the community that mattered most to him – the brotherhood of current and former SEALs. If that is the case, then suing the widow of a deceased US military hero should just do wonders. Olsen stated that Ventura was proud of his military service and would never say anything like Navy SEALs “deserve to lose a few.” Hmm, of course he would say nothing bad about the military. Has anyone actually listened to the comments that Ventura has spewed? He called “Our Military” contract killers on national TV … does any common sense thinking person think he is not capable of making a snarky comment when there are no cameras on?
“Our Military Has Turned Into Contract For Hire Killers” Jesse Ventura (CNN)
And he said Ventura would never have said any of the remarks attributed to him because he remains proud of his and his parents’ military service.
“The statement is completely out of character for Jesse Ventura. He never said anything like that in his life, and he never will,” he said.
As The Gateway Pundits disgustingly says, “Congratulations Jesse! You proved your patriotism by suing the widow of a deceased American Hero! What do you do for an encore, burn an American flag?”
Another Barack Obama foreign policy failure …
CNN is reporting that the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli, Libya has been evacuated due to the escalating militia violence raging out of control. According to news reports, about 150 personnel, including 80 U.S. Marines were evacuated from the embassy and were driven across the border into Tunisia under the protection of F-16, MV-22 Osprey aircraft and drone patrol from above. The only option was to drive the embassy officials out as the Tripoli airport had been shut down due to the violence. The removal of the US Embassy staff took place without incident. As reported at the BBC, It is the second time in more than three years that the US has closed its embassy in Libya. The state department has also urged US nationals not to go to Libya.
The U.S. Embassy in Libya evacuated its personnel on Saturday because of heavy militia violence raging in the capital, Tripoli, the State Department said.
About 150 personnel, including 80 U.S. Marines were evacuated from the embassy in the early hours of Saturday morning and were driven across the border into Tunisia, U.S. officials confirm to CNN.
U.S. officials stress that this is a relocation of embassy personnel and the operations have been “temporarily suspended” until “the security situation on the ground improves.” The embassy will continue to operate from other locations.
A senior State Department official said some of the staff from Libya will be sent to other U.S. embassies in the region and others will come back to Washington.
State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf said that security and safety are a top priority and come first. Really? Also, while there appeared to be no direct threat of an attack against the embassy, it was the rising violence in Libya between the battling factions of warlords for control that caused the evacuation. Too bad the Obama administration and State Department did not take the same precautions in Benghazi, Libya when violence was escalating and the US Ambassador Chris Stevens asked for more security.
“Securing our facilities and ensuring the safety of our personnel are top Department priorities, and we did not make this decision lightly. Security has to come first. Regrettably, we had to take this step because the location of our embassy is in very close proximity to intense fighting and ongoing violence between armed Libyan factions.
Militia fighting in the area of the embassy and airport has degraded security in Tripoli significantly.
Secretary of State John Kerry called upon various factions to engage in a political process, saying “the current course of violence would only bring chaos.” Good grief, are you kidding? That’s the Obama’s administration’s response?
Judge Jeanine Pirro to Barack Obama … It’s Time to Get Your ‘Big Boy Pants On’ & Stop Kidding Around
Judge Jeanine Pirro says it’s time for Obama to put your big boy pants on!
The world is in chaos with five major crisis going in Iraq, Syria, Ukraine, Israel & Hamas and the United States Southern border. These problems are of Obama’s doing his his incoherent foreign policy and a refusal to enforce existing US immigration laws. Pirro tells Obama … PUT YOUR ON YOUR BIG BOY PANTS AND GET IN THE GAME WITH A COHERENT FOREIGN POLICY!!!” Hey Barack, it’s time to remove the mom jeans.
Secretary of State John Kerry Caught on Hot Mic Comment About Israel … “It’s a Hell of a Pinpoint Operation”
Once again the Obama administration treats it’s allies with condemnation … Kerry was for saying it was an Israel hell of a pinpoint operation, before he was against it.
Secretary of State John Kerry was caught on a hot mic during this Sunday morning’s round robin of talk shows with some interesting and blunt remarks as a condemnation of Israeli tactics Kerry said on the open mic, . “It’s a hell of a pinpoint operation” not once but twice.”The Washington Post’s reports:
Kerry’s comments are clear. “It’s a hell of a pinpoint operation,” he says, then repeats it. “It’s a hell of a pinpoint operation.” It’s an apparent reference to Israel’s insistence that its incursion into the region would be limited. “It’s escalating significantly,” the person on the phone replies, and Kerry then says: “We’ve got to get over there. I think we ought to go tonight.” He then calls it “crazy” to be “sitting around.”
Sec. of State Kerry was asked by Chris Wallace on ‘Fox News Sunday’ what he meant by his comments. As reported at Powerline, In an unusual moment during Fox News Sunday, host Chris Wallace presented Secretary of State John Kerry with video recorded before he came on air and asked Kerry whether he thought that Israel went too far? Let the double talk begin.
“When you said it’s a hell of a pinpoint operation,” Wallace asked, are you “upset that the Israelis are going too far?”
“It’s very difficult in these situations,” Kerry said, repeating that the United States supports Israel’s right to defend itself. He then explained his comments by saying, “I reacted, obviously, in a way that anybody does in respect to young children and civilians.”
Security Service of Ukraine Intercepts Phone Conversations of Russian Separatists Admitting Shooting Down Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17
An intercepted conversation released by the Security Service of Ukraine (SSU) reportedly between Russian-backed militants nicknamed “Major” and “Greek” show admission of Russian militants purposely shot down Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 near the village of Chornukhine, Luhansk Oblast. However, Russian President Vladimir Putin said the blame for the tragedy lies with Ukraine. The Malaysia Airlines passenger plane carrying nearly 300 people was shot down near the Ukrainian border. An adviser to Ukraine’s Interior Minister has said 23 U.S. citizens were among the 298 killed.
Full transcript of an intercepted phone call below:
Igor Bezler: We have just shot down a plane. Group Minera. It fell down beyond Yenakievo (Donetsk Oblast).
Vasili Geranin: Pilots. Where are the pilots?
IB: Gone to search for and photograph the plane. Its smoking.
VG: How many minutes ago?
IB: About 30 minutes ago.
SBU comment: After examining the site of the plane the terrorists come to the conclusion that they have shot down a civilian plane. The next part of the conversation took place about 40 minutes later.
“Major”: These are Chernukhin folks who shot down the plane. From the Chernukhin check point. Those cossacks who are based in Chernukhino.
“Grek”: Yes, Major.
“Major”: The plane fell apart in the air. In the area of Petropavlovskaya mine. The first “200” (code word for dead person). We have found the first “200”. A Civilian.
“Greek”: Well, what do you have there?
“Major”: In short, it was 100 percent a passenger (civilian) aircraft.
“Greek”: Are many people there?
“Major”: Holy sh__t! The debris fell right into the yards (of homes).
“Greek”: What kind of aircraft?
“Major”: I haven’t ascertained this. I haven’t been to the main sight. I am only surveying the scene where the first bodies fell. There are the remains of internal brackets, seats and bodies.
“Greek”: Is there anything left of the weapon?
“Major”: Absolutely nothing. Civilian items, medicinal stuff, towels, toilet paper.
“Greek”: Are there documents?
“Major”: Yes, of one Indonesian student. From a university in Thompson.
Militant: Regarding the plane shot down in the area of Snizhne-Torez. It’s a civilian one. Fell down near Grabove. There are lots of corpses of women and children. The Cossacks are out there looking at all this.
They say on TV it’s AN-26 transport plane, but they say it’s written Malaysia Airlines on the plane. What was it doing on Ukraine’s territory?
Nikolay Kozitsin: That means they were carrying spies. They shouldn’t be f…cking flying. There is a war going on.
Search Continues for 19 Year Old, Pregnant Military Wife Erin Corwin Missng Since 6/28/14 in San Bernardino County, CA (Update: Erin Corwin’s Car Found)
19 year old Erin Corwin has been missing since Saturday, June 28, 2014. Corwin, a military wife, who is 3 months pregnant, was last seen at 7 AM leaving her marine base Twentynine Palms home en-route to Joshua Tree National Forest (map). The sheriff’s department said Erin Corwin’s car is a 2013 Toyota Corolla with California license plate 7CJX519. KTLA.com reported, the Corwins, who have been married for a year in a half, are originally from Oak Ridge, TN. Her husband, Jonathan Wayne Corwin, a corporal in the U.S. Marine Corps, told police his wife planned to visit the park to scout out a desirable location for a family outing during an upcoming visit with her mother. Her husband reported her missing the next day.
Erin is a white female adult, 5’02″, 120 lbs., Brown hair, Blue eyes and is three months pregnant. She has no history of medical and/or psychological issues. Erin was last seen driving a blue, 2013 Toyota Corolla with California license plate number 7CJX519.
According to the police, Corwin’s 2013 blue Toyota Corolla was found in Twentynine Palms on Monday. San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department said, “They felt it was necessary for those investigators to get involved early on. They said there were some suspicious circumstances.”
California police recovered a missing pregnant woman’s car — but they’re still not sure where she is.
Erin Corwin’s Toyota Corolla was spotted close to her Twentynine Palms home on Monday after the 19-year-old Marine wife went missing on Saturday, KTLA reported.
Corwin, who is three months pregnant, was last seen Saturday morning when she left the Marine base where she lives with her corporal husband to drive to Joshua Tree National Park.
Michael Beasley lives on Bagdad Highway, near the location where a Twentynine Palms Water District employee spotted Corwin’s abandoned, blue Toyota Corolla on Monday, June 30.
Michael Beasley tells San Diego, California, TV station CBS 8 that on the morning of Saturday, June 28, after Corwin left her at home in Twentynine Palms, reportedly for a solo day trip to Joshua Tree National Park, he saw her meet a man, exit and lock her blue Toyota, and then climb into the man’s red sedan.
“They were just sitting and chatting,” said Beasley. “If she wanted to get out of the car and say, ‘I don’t want to be in this car,’ she could have.”
The pair then drove off together in the man’s vehicle, he said.
If anyone has any information on Corwin’s whereabouts, please call the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Specialized Investigations Division-Homicide Detail at 909-387-3589. Callers who wish to remain anonymous should contact the We-Tip Hotline at 1-800-78-27463 (1-800-78-CRIME).
- Two years after veteran Doug Chase died from brain cancer, he finally got approval to see the local VA doctor
Daily Commentary – Thursday, July 3, 2014 Download
Daily Commentary – Tuesday, July 1, 2014 – 73yr Old Vietnam Vet Fired For Giving a Muffin to a Needy Man
- Cracker Barrel claims he broke the company rule of no giving away or consuming food without paying for it
Daily Commentary – July 1, 2014 Download
Two Time Deserter Marine Cpl. Wassef Ali Hassoun who Disappeared in Iraq in 2004 Return to the U.S. to Face Charges
Two time deserter Marine Cpl. Wassef Ali Hassoun who disappeared in Iraq in 2004 is finally turning himself in to face charges. What are the odds that Cpl. Hassoun saw the favorable treatment provided to Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl by the Obama administration and figured that this was his best chance to face the music of double desertion?
What, you mean Barack Obama did not empty GITMO to get Cpl. Wassef Ali Hassoun to return to the United States?
A Marine who was declared a deserter nearly 10 years ago after disappearing in Iraq and then returning to the U.S. claiming he had been kidnapped, only to disappear again, is back in U.S. custody, officials said Sunday.
Cpl. Wassef Ali Hassoun, 34, turned himself in and was being flown Sunday from an undisclosed location in the Middle East to Norfolk, Va. He is to be moved Monday to Camp Lejeune in North Carolina, according to a spokesman, Capt. Eric Flanagan.
Maj. Gen. Raymond Fox, commander of the 2nd Marine Expeditionary Force at Lejeune, will determine whether to court martial Hassoun.
In a written statement from its headquarters at the Pentagon, the Marine Corps said the Naval Criminal Investigative Service “worked with” Hassoun to turn himself in and return to the U.S. to face charges.
Hassoun disappeared from his unit in Iraq’s western desert in June 2004. The following month he turned up unharmed in Beirut, Lebanon and blamed his disappearance on Islamic extremist kidnappers. He was returned to Lejeune and was about to face the military equivalent of a grand jury hearing when he disappeared again.
Ten years ago, in June 2004, Marine Cpl. Wassef Ali Hassoun disappeared from his base in Fallujah, Iraq.
Within days he appeared in a poorly-staged hostage video, and within a month he mysteriously showed up unharmed at the U.S. embassy in Beirut.
After a five month investigation back in the United States, military prosecutors accused Hassoun of faking his kidnapping and charged him with desertion and theft of a Humvee, which he allegedly used to drive off his base in Fallujah.
In Jan. 2005, Hassoun fled the U.S. through Canada, returned to Lebanon where he was born, and the Marines charged him with a second count of desertion.
More Liberal White Guilt … PC Police Look to Change US Military Helicopter’s Racist Names like Apache, Comanche, Chinook, Lakota, Cheyenne & Kiowa
When will this PC nonsense end … Now PC police going after the Apache helicopter.
How can it possibly be deemed racist to name a protector of America freedom an Apache helicopter? Or is it just more liberal white guilt on behalf of Native Americans? One would think that any group would be honored to be named after something that protects freedom.
Veterans aren’t happy with a recent op-ed by the Washington Post, which charged that the Apache, Comanche, Chinook, Lakota, Cheyenne and Kiowa military vehicles were a “greater symbolic injustice” than the NFL’s Washington Redskins’ name.
“Even if the NFL and Redskins brass come to their senses and rename the team, a greater symbolic injustice would continue to afflict Indians — an injustice perpetuated not by a football club but by our federal government,” Simon Waxman of the Boston Review wrote for the Post on Thursday.
He added that the helicopter names were “propaganda” that needed to end, because Native American life expectancy statistics indicate the “violence is ongoing, even if the guns are silent.”
Readers at the popular military news gathering website Doctrine Man reacted Friday.
“I suspect that the author is less unhappy that our choppers have Indian names, and more unhappy that there is a U.S. military,” wrote Alex Kuhns.
Oh yeah, add in the Black Hawk, named for a leader of the Sauk tribe. Don’t forget there is the Tomahawk, a low-altitude missile, and a drone named for an Indian chief, Gray Eagle and Operation Geronimo was the end of Osama bin Laden. So my first question is Black Hawk, eh? Dies that mean the PC police is going after the NHL’s Chicago Blackhawks next? Second, Exactly how is a name like Apache, Comanche, etc racist? I guess these fools will soon be going after Winnebago RV ‘Braves”.