Liberal MSM Double Standard: How Top NBC Executives Quashed The Bombshell Harvey Weinstein Story

 

THE LIBERAL MEDIA DOUBLE STANDARD: WHO THINKS NBC WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME IF THE NAME HARVEY WEINSTEIN WAS REPLACED WITH DONALD TRUMP?

What is worse than fake news? How about news that is knowing not reported to meet an agenda?

The below article below from the HUFFPO regarding Ronan Farrow, an NBC News contributor, had secured an interview with a woman who was willing to appear on camera,  in silhouette, her identity concealed, saying that Harvey Weinstein had raped her is even larger than the crime of rape itself. As if sexual assault and rape is not bad enough. But for a news outlet like NBC to knowingly, willfully and purposely spike the Weinstein story because of who he was might be even more heinous. An effort by the liberal MSM to protect their own. Would they have done the same for say, Donald Trump? Hell no! As we all know that NBC News and MSNBC certainly ran with the Billy Bush-Trump tapes. But some how, a raunchy tape of two men disgusting talk about woman is worse than a predator who for decades sexually assaulted women in Hollywood. Really? Everyone knew the truth. They knew the stories were much more than rumors, but the liberal media decided to take part in a systemic quashing of the story for fear one of their own would be outed for the disgusting, POS, predator that he was. SHAME ON YOU NBC.

The NBC peacock is Dead

DEAD_NBC_PEACOCK

In mid-August, Ronan Farrow, an NBC News contributor, had secured an interview with a woman who was willing to appear on camera, in silhouette, her identity concealed, and say Harvey Weinstein had raped her, according to four people with close knowledge of the reporting. It was a pivotal moment in a testy, months-long process of reporting a story that had bedeviled a generation of media and Hollywood reporters.

Farrow had a lot of material already. In March, he had acquired a damning and much-coveted audio recording in which Weinstein admits to having groped an Italian model. He had interviews with former executives and assistants who’d worked closely with Weinstein who spoke about the culture of harassment and abuse he perpetrated. And now he had someone ready to accuse Weinstein of rape, on camera.

But at that moment Farrow was also caught in the pincers of an NBC News edict. He had been told by executives at NBC News that he didn’t have enough reporting to go on air with his Weinstein story, according to four sources, and he had been told by the network to stop reporting on it. NBC tried to put a stop to the interview with the woman accusing Weinstein of rape. The network insisted he not use an NBC News crew for the interview, and neither was he to mention his NBC News affiliation. And so that was how Ronan Farrow wound up paying out of his own pocket for a camera crew to film an interview.

As a project for NBC News, Farrow’s story was effectively dead. Later that month, he received permission to take his reporting to another news organization. The story that resulted, published Tuesday by The New Yorker, was a blockbuster: multiple women accusing Weinstein of rape and other sexual misconduct, accompanied by the audio of Weinstein admitting to sexual assault. [...]

Then he struck a rueful tone, suggesting that the NBC iteration of the story had died of natural causes. “We reached a point over the summer where we, as an organization, didn’t feel that we had all the elements that we needed to air,” he said.

Yet interviews with 12 people inside and outside NBC News with direct knowledge of the reporting behind Farrow’s story suggest a different cause of death. All of the sources who spoke to HuffPost asked not to be named, either because they weren’t authorized to speak to the media about the story or because they were fearful of retribution from NBC News executives. These sources detailed a months-long struggle within NBC News during which Oppenheim and other executives slow-walked Farrow’s story, crippling it with their qualms and irresolution.

Toward the end, the concerns seemed to take on a personal tone, and it became difficult to tell where the Weinstein team’s attempts to discredit the story left off and NBC News’ editorial forbearance began. According to multiple sources inside and outside of NBC News who worked on the aborted story, Oppenheim related to Farrow what Weinstein’s lawyers had said in complaint to NBC:



If you liked this post, you may also like these:

  • Remember When Harvey Weinstein Was a Liberal Hero Supporting Hillary Clinton and On MSNBC Morning Joe (VIDEO)
  • Seth MacFarlane Explains His 2012 Oscar Best Supporting Actress Harvey Weinstein Joke … “Congratulations, You Five Ladies No Longer have to Pretend to be Attracted to Harvey Weinstein.” (VIDEO)
  • Multiple Woman Come Forward that Harvey Weinstein Sexally Harrassed, Assaulted and Raped Them (Audio Sting Tape)
  • Osama Bin Laden Movie “SEAL Team Six: The Raid on Osama bin Laden” From Obama Mega Donor Harvey Weinstein To Air Weekend Before the 2012 Presidential Election
  • Sean Hannity 7/12/17: More MSM Double Standard …Where is the Democrat Outrage of Hillary Clinton/Ukraine Collusion? (VIDEO)




  • Comments

    One Response to “Liberal MSM Double Standard: How Top NBC Executives Quashed The Bombshell Harvey Weinstein Story”

    1. A Texas Grandfather on October 12th, 2017 1:06 pm

      This is just another example of the Democrat crime machine. It has branches in Hollywood and the media as well as government.

    Leave a Reply




    Support Scared Monkeys! make a donation.

     
     
    • NEWS (breaking news alerts or news tips)
    • Red (comments)
    • Dugga (technical issues)
    • Dana (radio show comments)
    • Klaasend (blog and forum issues)
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    Close
    E-mail It