Mother and Four Children Dead after Mass Stabbing in Brooklyn, NY … Suspect Arrested and in Police Custody (Update: Victims ID’d, Suspect Possibly Related to Deceased)(Update: Suspect Mingdong Chen Implicated Himself in the Deaths)

Mass stabbing results in 5 dead and one still in critical condition.

New York City police are investigating a mass stabbing in Brooklyn that has left a woman and four children dead. Authorities arrived at the crime scene at 11 pm Saturday night in the Sunset Park neighborhood and found 5 victims unconscious and unresponsive. A 1 year old boy and two girls, ages 7 and 9, were pronounced dead at the scene. A boy, 5, and a 37 year old woman were taken to Brooklyn hospitals where they were pronounced dead. The suspect was arrested and is in police custody. Police believe there are no other suspects to these grisly murders.

VIDEO – CNN

New York City police pressed forward Sunday in investigating the deaths of four children and a woman who were stabbed at a Brooklyn residence, saying a person of interest had been taken into custody.

A barefoot man was taken from the house in handcuffs after the incident, his feet covered in blood, reports WCBS in New York. He was brought to Brooklyn’s 66th Precinct at around 11 p.m. on Saturday night.

In addition to the five dead, a sixth person is in critical condition, reports WCBS.

Officers arrived at the scene and found all five victims unconscious and unresponsive, police said. A 1-year-old boy and two girls, ages 7 and 9, were pronounced dead at the residence by emergency responders.

A boy, 5, and the 37-year-old woman were taken to two Brooklyn hospitals where they were pronounced dead, police said.

UPDATE I: Identities provided of stabbing victims:

William Zhuo, 1, Amy Zhuo, 7, and Linda Zhuo, 9, were pronounced dead at the scene when officials arrived just before 11 p.m. ET, New York City police said in a statement released on Sunday.  Paramedics rushed 37-year-old Qiao Zhen Li and 5-year-old Kevin Zhuo to local hospitals but the two died, police added.

 UPDATE II: The New York Daily News is reporting that the unidentified suspect, who sources said may be related to the children, was reportedly found inside the apartment when cops burst in on the grim scene.

UPDATE III: 25  year old Mingdong Chen has implicated himself in the murders. 

Chen, the cousin of the children’s father and had been staying at the home for the past week, has been arrested on 5 counts of murder and has implicated himself in the savage stabbing deaths. According to reports he used a kitchen knife in the gruesome murders.

A Chinese immigrant has been arrested on five counts of murder in the deaths of his cousin’s wife and her four children in a late-night stabbing rampage in their Brooklyn home.

The New York Police Department said Sunday that 25-year-old Mingdong Chen has implicated himself in the deaths.

FBI Releases Video & Investigation Finding of Navy Yard Shooter … Aaron Alexis Walks the Halls Looking for People to Kill With Shotgun

The FBI has released chilling video of Aaron Alexis, the gunman who killed 12 and wounded numerous others at  the Washington Navy Yard on September 16, 2013. The video shows 34 year old Aaron Alexis, now deceased,  walking the halls at the Washington Navy yard as he looks for victims. You can see employees in the distance as Alexis stalks the corridors with a shotgun. There is no indication that he was specifically targeting anyone, however, he can be seen stalking the hallways looking for prey.

Chilling footage of the Navy Yard shooter as he stalked random victims through hallways with a sawed-off shotgun has been released by the FBI today.

There is no indication that Aaron Alexis targeted any specific individuals when he sprayed bullets inside a building, killing 12 people on September 16.

In the short clip, Alexis is first seen driving into an underground parking garage in his rental car, a blue Toyota Prius, through the Washington Navy Yard main gate in DC.

More on the story and pics at The Week.

From The FBI: Law Enforcement Shares Findings of the Investigation into the Washington Navy Yard Shootings .

On the morning of Monday, September 16, 2013, Alexis arrived at the Washington Navy Yard. Alexis had legitimate access to the Navy Yard as a result of his work as a contractor and he utilized a valid pass to gain entry to Building #197. Shortly after his arrival in the building and over the course of approximately one hour, Alexis used the Remington 870 shotgun and a Beretta handgun he obtained during the course of his shooting to kill 12 victims and wound four surviving victims before he was shot and killed by law enforcement officers. Investigation to date has determined that Alexis acted alone.

The following timeline details Alexis’ activity during the morning of September 16, 2013:
?7:53 a.m. – Alexis’ rental car, a blue Toyota Prius with New York plates, entered Parking Garage #28 at the Washington Navy Yard, located directly across from Building #197.
?8:08 a.m. – Alexis exited Parking Garage #28 on foot carrying a backpack. Alexis entered Building #197 and proceeded to the elevator.
?8:09 a.m. – Alexis exited the elevator on the fourth floor and entered the men’s bathroom carrying a backpack and a clipboard.
?8:15 a.m. – Alexis crossed the hallway into the 4 West area of Building #197 with shotgun, but without the backpack or a clipboard.
?8:16 a.m. – Alexis shot the first victim in the 4 West area of Building #197.
?8:17 a.m. – First 911 call is received from the fourth floor of Building #197.
?8:20 a.m. – Alexis left the fourth floor using the stairs and entered the third floor.
?8:28 a.m. – Alexis appeared on the first floor.
?8:57 a.m. – Alexis returned to the third floor.
?9:25 a.m. – Law enforcement shoot and kill Alexis on the third floor.

Both weapons used by Alexis were recovered at the scene and have been submitted to the FBI Laboratory for forensic analysis. The Remington 870 shotgun had been altered with a sawed-off barrel and stock. Purple duct tape covered the end of the stock and handwritten etchings were present on various parts of the shotgun. Etched into the barrel of the shotgun were the words “End to the torment!” Etched into the right side of the shotgun receiver were the words “Not what yall say!” and etched into the left side of the receiver were the phrases “Better off this way!” and “My ELF weapon!” (More)

Daily Commentary – Monday, September 23, 2013 – Would Anti-Psychotic Drugs Have Helped Stop the Navy Yard Shooter?

  • Would Anti-Psychotic Drugs Have Helped Stop the Navy Yard Shooter … According to a recent report by the American Psychiatric Association, anti-psychotic drugs are over prescribed especially in children and adults with dementia.

Daily Commentary – Monday, September 23, 2013 Download

Al-Shabaab Claims that Three Americans Are Among Gunmen in Kenya Mall Massacre, Death Toll at 68

Americans among the Al-Shabaab terrorist gunman?

Al-Shabaab, an Al-Qaeda affiliated terror group, is claiming that there are three American gunmen among the others Islamists in a standoff at the Westage Mall in Nairobi, Kenya.  The Al-Qaeda affiliate tweeted the following names: Ahmed Mohamed Isse, 22, “native” of St. Paul, MN, Abdifatah Osman Keenadiid, 24, of Minneapolis, and Gen Mustafe Noorudiin, 27, of Kansas City, MO.  The Kenya Mall Massacre has killed at least 68 and wounded over 200 individuals.

More from the PJ Tatler:

The Somali al-Qaeda affiliate tweeted a series of names on its latest account before Twitter against suspended the group. Al-Shabaab has been creating new accounts each time they get shut down but a movement of pro-Kenyan tweeters has been tracking down the new accounts and complaining to Twitter.

“We received permission to disclose the names of our mujahideen inside #Westgate,” their latest account tweeted.

They proceeded to tweet the names one by one, including Ahmed Mohamed Isse, 22, “native” of St. Paul, Minn., Abdifatah Osman Keenadiid, 24, of Minneapolis, and Gen Mustafe Noorudiin, 27, of Kansas City, Mo.

Al-Shabaab recently released a PR video targeted at Somali-Americans in Minnesota, trying to lure them to jihad as more than two dozen have already done so through the state’s “terror pipeline.” Three Americans — Abdisalan Hussein Ali, Farah Mohamed Beledi and Shirwa Ahmed — from Minnesota have been suicide bombers for Al-Shabaab in a series of attacks in Mogadishu over the past few years.

Other gunmen were named as being from locations such as Finland, Canada, the UK., Somalia and Kenya. None of the names were female, even though witnesses reported a white woman among the shooters.

A Minnesota connection to the Somali al-Qaeda affiliate? As stated at Vox Popoli, Al-Shabaab has recently released a PR video targeting Somali-Americans in Minnesota trying to recruit them to the terror group. And the NSA is spying on our phone calls, emails and meta data.

Al-Shabaab recently released a PR video targeted at Somali-Americans in Minnesota, trying to lure them to jihad as more than two dozen have already done so through the state’s “terror pipeline.” Three Americans — Abdisalan Hussein Ali, Farah Mohamed Beledi and Shirwa Ahmed — from Minnesota have been suicide bombers for Al-Shabaab in a series of attacks in Mogadishu over the past few years.

Terrorist Suicide Bomb Kills Christians at Pakistan Church: 60 People Killed & More than 120 Injured Including Women and Children Following Twin Suicide Bomb Blasts in Qissa Khawani Bazaar of Peshawar

Because Islam is a religion of Peace …

So where is the outrage that Christan are being killed in Muslim countries? The LA Times is reporting that a pair of suicide bombers detonated their explosives outside a historic church in northwestern Pakistan on Sunday, killing over 60 people in the deadliest-ever attack on the country’s Christian minority. The NY Times is reporting  75 people are dead as the cowardly suicide bombers detonated their bombs as  as worshipers left the All Saints Church in the old quarter of the regional capital, Peshawar.

The bombing in Peshawar, which wounded 120 people, underlines the threat posed by Islamic extremists as the government seeks a peace deal with domestic Taliban militants. It will likely intensify criticism from those who believe that negotiating peace with militants is a mistake.

The blasts killed more than 60 people and wounded 120, said Arshad Javed, top health official at the hospital in Peshawar where the victims were being treated. The dead included several women and children, said Sher Ali Khan, another doctor at the hospital.

The number of casualties was so high that the hospital was running out of caskets for the dead and beds for the wounded, said Mian Iftikhar Hussain, a former information minister of surrounding Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province who was on the scene.

“What have we done wrong to these people’” asked one of the wounded, John Tariq, referring to the attackers. “Why are we being killed?”

The News – International:

PESHAWAR: At least 60 people were killed and more than 120 including women and children were injured in twin suicide blasts in Qissa Khawani bazaar of Peshawar, Geo News reported.

Sources said suicide bombers blew themselves up outside Kohati gate near the Pakistan Church.

Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) have cordoned off the area after the blast.

Chief Executive Leady Reading Hospital (LRH) has confirmed killing of 56 people in the blasts.

Emergency has been declared in the LRH.

The eyewitnesses said the worshipers were leaving the Church when the blast occurred. More than 500 people were present in the Church at the time of suicide attack.

20 Dead as Gunman Attack Nairobi Shopping Mall in Kenya (Update: Attackers were Targeting non-Muslims) (Update: Authorities Calling Possible Terror Attack) (Update: 59 Dead, Likely to Rise, Islamists Have Hostages)

CNN is reporting that dozens are injured and at least 20 are dead as gunman opened fire in a Nairobi mall in Kenya. The attack took place at an upscale Westgate Mall. In is unknown at this time just how many people have been injured or killed and the background of the gunman. A witness said that gunmen armed with AK-47s and grenades.

Gunmen attacked an upscale shopping mall in the Kenyan capital on Saturday, leading to a fierce gunbattle with police and leaving dozens of casualties.

The Kenyan Red Cross reported 20 dead, though a government official, Joseph Ole Lenku, only confirmed 11.

Fifty more people were wounded in the attack at the mall in Nairobi, said Abbas Gullet, head of the Kenyan Red Cross.

A security agent told CNN’s Lillian Leposo at the scene that the violence was a terrorist attack, but officials had yet to confirm that information, Leposo told CNN.

“They have strong reason that these men are terrorists,” Leposo said.

UPDATE I: From AP via the Jawa Report … it would appear that CNN left out this little important fact that the gunman were solely attacking non-Muslims. So they were only attacking non-Muslims, eh? Let’s go out on a limb and call this an act of terror and not workplace violence.

The gunmen announced that non-Muslims would be targeted, said Elijah Kamau, who was at the mall at the time of the midday attack.

“The gunmen told Muslims to stand up and leave. They were safe, and non-Muslims would be targeted,” he said.

UPDATE II: ABC News is reporting that 22 are dead and the attackers were targeting non-Muslims. The authorities are treating it as a terrorist attack.

Gunmen threw grenades and opened fire Saturday killing at least 22 people in an attack targeting non-Muslims at an upscale mall in Kenya’s capital that was hosting a children’s day event, a Red Cross official and witnesses said.

The attackers remained inside and firing subsided as military surrounded the mall hours after the attack. People continued to trickle out from hiding places within the Westgate mall, which is frequented by expatriates and rich Kenyans in Nairobi’s affluent Westlands neighborhood.

Kenya Red Cross official Abbas Gullet said at least 22 people were killed in the attack that police blamed on terrorists. He said the death toll would likely rise.

“We are treating this as a terrorist attack,” said police chief Benson Kibue, adding that there are likely no more than 10 attackers involved.

UPDATE III: The BBC is reporting that police first thought it was a robbery; however, is now classifying it as terrorism.

A senior police officer originally said it was an attempted robbery but later called it a possible terrorist attack.

The Somali militant group al-Shabab had threatened to strike the centre.

It is opposed to Kenya sending troops to fight in Somalia. No group has said it carried out Saturday’s attack.

UPDATE IV: Islamist gunmen holed up with hostages in Nairobi siege, 59 dead.

Islamist militants were holed up with hostages on Sunday at a shopping mall in Nairobi, where at least 59 people have been killed in an attack by the al Shabaab group that opposes Kenya’s participation in a peacekeeping mission in neighboring Somalia.

Daily Commentary – Friday, September 20, 2013 – Did Violent Video Games Contribute to the Navy Yard Shooting?

  • It’s being reported that shooter Aaron Alexis had been known to play violent video games for hours on end

Daily Commentary – Friday, September 20, 2013 Download

Washington Navy Yard Gunman Aaron Alexis was Treated for Serious Mental Health Issues … He Had Been Hearing Voices in his Head

How many red flags were needed to have the Washington Navy Yard gunman’s security clearance taken away?

Now the AP is reporting that Aaron Alexis was being treated for serious mental illness. The man who would yesterday murder 12 individuals and wounded countless others was hearing voices in his head. All this and still no one thought that this guy was a risk to himself and others. Because some how being previously arrested for shooting a bullet into your neighbors home is not grounds to not get a security clearance when employed with a government contractor.

The more reports that come out about Aaron Alexis, the more we learn that yesterday’s massacre could have been completely avoided.

Aaron Alexis

U.S. law enforcement officials are telling The Associated Press that the Navy contractor identified as the gunman in the mass shootings at the Washington Navy Yard had been suffering a host of serious mental issues, including paranoia and a sleep disorder. He also had been hearing voices in his head, the officials said.

Aaron Alexis, 34, had been treated since August by the Veterans Administration for his mental problems …

Seriously, how did this guy have any clearance what so ever? The NSA can tape everything we do but some how a guy like this slips through the cracks?

Daily Commentary – Tuesday, September 17, 2013 – Tragedy On Washington Navy Yard as Gunman Kills 12 and Wounds many Others

  • Navy Veteran Aaron Alexis goes on rampage shooting and killing 12 before police confront and kill him

Daily Commentary – Tuesday, September 17, 2013 Download

James Holmes, the Colorado Movie Massacre Suspect Learns Today if He Faces Death Penalty

To go after the death penalty or not go after the death penalty, that is the question …

James Holmes, the gunman suspected of killing 12 people in the Colorado movie massacre will learn later today whether he will face the death penalty and execution for his crimes. Holmes’ defense attorneys had offered to plead guilty for meticulously planning and brutally executing a plan to attack a Colorado movie theater at midnight during a showing of the latest Batman movie. This pea deal would allow Holmes to live out his days in prison with no chance of parole instead of having him put to death. My person opinion is go for the death penalty … good riddance to bad rubbish.. It would be a terrible message to send out that one could go in a movie theatre, kill 12 people and wound several others and then live your life out in prison on the tax payers dime.

A decision on death or not? Heck, if it were up to me the only thought process would be to either bring back “Sparky” or see if I could not get a one time public stoning exemption for his crimes.

VIDEO – decision expected today.

After a week of legal twists and turns, James Holmes will find out Monday if he could face execution if convicted in the Colorado theater attack that killed 12 people.

Behind-the-scenes maneuvering erupted into a public quarrel between prosecutors and the defense over Holmes’ public offer to plead guilty, but the two sides could still come to an agreement that would spare Holmes’s life in exchange for spending the rest of his life in prison.

← Previous PageNext Page →

Support Scared Monkeys! make a donation.

 
 
  • NEWS (breaking news alerts or news tips)
  • Red (comments)
  • Dugga (technical issues)
  • Dana (radio show comments)
  • Klaasend (blog and forum issues)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Close
E-mail It