Criminal Court Judge Laura Johnson Lets 18 Year Old Devon Coley Out of Jail without Bail After Posting Online Threats to Shoot Cops (Update: Judge Releases Travis Maye Without Bail After Punching Cop)
So this is the New York City’s judicial response following two police officers being killed and the endless death threats, cowardice appeasement?
Brooklyn Criminal Court Judge Laura Johnson let 18 year old Devon Coley waltz free without a care in the world after he was arrested for making terrorist threats. The judge ignored prosecutors requests to keep Coley behind bars as she let the thug go free without bail. UNBELIEVABLE. Devon Coley posted online threats to gun down cops just hours after the shooting deaths of NYPD officers Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu. Coley is believed to be a member of the of the ATC/180HII Crew gang and is awaiting trial in two unrelated cases involving assault and gun possession.
The judge conceded that the posts were “stupid” and an “incredible inflammatory thing to do right now,” but added, “I think that for me to set bail because of the current climate — it would be a misuse of bail.”
WHAT!!! I GUESS THIS IS WHAT JUSTICE IS SUPPOSED TO LIKE LIKE IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY WHEN A THUG COMMITS A CRIME AGAINST THE POLICE?
Coley posted on Facebook a disturbing image of a gunman blasting away at a patrol car,
with the phrase “73Nextt” — a reference to the 73rd Precinct, which covers his Brownsville neighborhood.
A Brooklyn judge cut loose a gang member who had posted online threats to gun down cops in the hours after two NYPD officers were executed in their patrol car — ignoring prosecutors’ pleas to keep him behind bars, The Post has learned.
Criminal Court Judge Laura Johnson let Devon Coley, 18, waltz free without bail despite the fact that he faces seven years behind bars on charges he made a terroristic threat — complete with an image of a killer shooting cops in their car — and is awaiting trial in two unrelated cases involving assault and gun possession.
Johnson’s stunning no-bail decision came just two days after Saturday’s broad-daylight slayings of Officers Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu by a gunman bent on avenging the deaths of Eric Garner and Michael Brown at the hands of police.
At the punks arraignment Monday night, Coley’s court-appointed lawyer painted him as a mere “knucklehead” who didn’t intend to make good on his threat. Forget the fact that the thug is a gang member and waiting trial in two unrelated cases involving assault and gun possession. Yeah right, he is just misunderstood. What the hell has infested the power structure in NYC? Between the Mayor and the judiciary, insane liberal logic appears to appease criminals and attach police authority. Dennis Quirk, head of the state court officers union, said that “She should resign from the bench,” and she is “not fit to be a judge.” Ya think?
Since when did NYC become a catch and release stream for criminal thugs? The same judge has now released another thug without bail after he had been arrested for punching a police officer. Maybe she would like to go for the hat trick after one of these punks kills another police officer.
She keeps turning ’em loose.
A day after freeing a gang member who posted an anti-cop death threat online, a Brooklyn judge ignored the admonishment of a court boss — and sprung a man who allegedly punched a police officer and threatened to kill his colleagues, The Post has learned.
Criminal Court Judge Laura Johnson blatantly disregarded an Office of Court Administration boss who said she “should be setting an example to the public that threatening or assaulting police officers isn’t an acceptable thing,” a courthouse source said.
The admonishment came in the wake of Saturday’s execution-style slayings of two NYPD cops as they sat in a patrol car in Brooklyn.
On Tuesday night, Johnson released Travis Maye, 26, without bail following his arrest in a violent melee with cops earlier that day.
According to court records, Maye took swings at cops at Flatbush Avenue and Prospect Place at around 1:35 a.m., socking one officer in the eye and sending him to the hospital.
Ferguson Protesters Chant “Pigs in a Blanket, Smell Like Bacon” After Two NYC Police Officers Executed … Other Disgusting Reactions to Murder of NYPD Officers
SICK, JUST SICK … WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?
After two NYPD officers were shot to death, Ferguson protesters went out and celebrated chanting, “Pigs in a Blanket, Smell Like Bacon.” Honestly, what kind of low life must you be to do this? It is simply amazing that people like this walk among us. And we wonder why there are issues between blacks and the police? There is a special place in hell for people who would celebrate the death of two police officers protecting a community and ambushed and assassinated by a hateful, racist individual.
The vile “pigs in a blanket” reference is from cop killer Ismaaiyl Brinsley, who posted on Instagram before he went on his murderous rampage the following:
The Post has released photos of the alleged suspect’s Instagram posting prior to the murder.
“I’m Putting Wings on Pigs Today,” he wrote. “They Take 1 Of Ours … Let’s Take 2 of Theirs. #RIPEri(c)Gardner #RIPMikeBrown.”
“Never Had A Hot Gun On Your Waist And Blood On Your Shoe…***** You Ain’t Been Through What I Been Through You Not Like Me And I’m Not Like You. #BrooklynGoHard #ConeyIsland.”
This May Be My Final Post,” he continued. “I’m Putting Pigs In A Blanket.”
Warning – Language
Let’s understand this, we have people protesting a thief and individual who assaulted a store clerk and police officer, claiming he was killed for no reason and these same people cheering the murders of two police officers who were just sitting in their vehicle.
Waffle House Employee Quintavius Martin Shoots and Kills Customer Adrian Mosley in South Fulton County, Georgia
Looks like the customer isn’t always right …
A Waffle House cook. 25-year-old Quintavius Martin, shot and killed a customer, 33-year-old Adrian Mosley, after an argument Friday morning at a Waff;e House in South Fulton County, Georgia. The police were called to the restaurant on Fulton Industrial Boulevard and Shirley Drive just after 4:30 AM. According to a witness, “Three people came in and they were being unruly.” They were asked to leave, one female did; however, the two guys hung around and one of them got into it with the cook and the security guard. According to accounts, one of the customers threatened Martin saying, “he’s from this side of town and you can take it outside because I’m going to fire you up.” Quintavius Martin has been charged with murder.
One might say that the Waffle House cook was defending himself and this was justifiable homicide.
Police say a Waffle House cook shot and killed a customer after an argument Friday morning.
Officers said they were called to the restaurant on Fulton Industrial Boulevard and Shirley Drive just after 4:30 a.m.
“Three people came in and they were being unruly,” said witness Ontray Haley. “The female that was with them they asked her to leave so she left, but the two guys hung around and one of them got into it with the cook and the security guard. Next this I know shots rang out and it was a chaotic scene. Everybody was running and ducking.”
Fulton County police detectives said the customer, identified as 33-year-old Adrian Mosley, may have thrown water into 25-year-old Quintavius Martin’s face before Martin, the Waffle House cook, pulled a gun.
“The guy was threatening the cook saying he’s from this side of town and (Martin) said you can take it outside because I’m going to fire you up, which I guess he meant he wanted to shoot him or whatever,” Haley said. “I didn’t know the cook had a weapon on him because I thought the security guard shot him.”
Quintavius Martin, the Waffle House employee charged with shooting and killing a customer during an argument Friday morning, waived his first court appearance Saturday, said Fulton County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Tracy Flanagan.
Fulton County police Cpl. Kay Lester said Martin, 25, has been charged with murder, possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime and carrying a concealed weapon without a permit. He is being held at the Fulton County Jail without bond.
Three More Victims Identified After Elliot Rodger Deadly Killing Spree in Isla Vista, California … UCSB Students Cheng Yuan Hong, 20, George Chen, 19, and Weihan Wang, 20
Three more victims of the Elliot Rodger of the deadly killing spree have been identified. The three victims who were stabbed multiple times to death in unit No. 7 of a two-story, charcoal gray building on Seville Road have been identified as 20 year old Cheng Yuan Hong, 19 year old George Chen amd 20 year old Weihan Wang. The police state that Hong and Chen were listed as tenants at the apartment along with the 22 year old mass murderer Elliot Rodger. All three victims were students at the University of California Santa Barbara. Thirteen others were injured, some by gunfire and others by being hit by his vehicle. One was in serious condition at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital.
The three victims who were stabbed in the apartment of the man who unleashed a rampage in the college town of Isla Vista, California, were identified by authorities Sunday, two days after the violent spree.
The victims were identified as Cheng Yuan Hong, 20, and George Chen, 19, both of San Jose, and Weihan Wang, 20, of Fremont.
Authorities said that Hong and Chen were listed as tenants at the apartment of 22-year-old Elliot Rodger, who was suspected of causing the rampage. It was unclear if Wang was a roommate, too. All three were students at the University of California Santa Barbara.
Early today the three other shooting victims that were killed were ID’d, 22 year old Katie Cooper, 19 year old Veronika Weiss and Christopher Ross Michaels-Martinez. All 6 victims in Isla Vista murdered were UCSB students. That fact that an individual with so many mental issues and for some time was not flagged some where along the line had legally purchased guns is troubling, and personally I am as pro-Second Amendment as it gets.
Hidden in Rodger’s bedroom were three guns purchased legally from licensed dealers in Goleta, Oxnard and Burbank, authorities said. They said Rodger used the guns and his black BMW to wreak havoc across a square mile of the quiet college town — running down cyclists and skateboarders, shooting through shop windows and exchanging fire with officers.
Elliot Rodger had wrote in his 141 page manifesto the details to his deranged plans that stated, “The first people I would have to kill are my two housemates, to secure the entire apartment for myself as my personal torture and killing chamber.” The psycho then went on to write that he would lure people into the apartment and kill them before an “ultimate showdown in the streets of Isla Vista.”
As the Jury Deliberates the George Zimmerman Murder Case in the Death of Trayvon Martin … When Will the Idiots on Twitter & Social Media be Tried for Threats & Promoting Violence?
Sorry, death threats on social media and the Internet is not free speech.
The prosecution stated in their closing arguments that this case was not about race. Really? One might say that the case has been nothing but about race. Individuals have called Zimmerman a racist for targeting Martin, a black teen. The race baitors have called the Sanford, FL police and the original prosecutors for not arresting George Zimmerman initially.
But beyond that, as the 6 woman jury deliberates the guilt or innocence of George Zimmerman as to whether he acted in self-defense in killing Trayvon Martin as Zimmerman’s head was being beaten into the concrete or whether they believe that Zimmerman committed the unlawful killing of Trayvon Martin, but there is another question that needs to be asked and answers … who is going to go after the individuals on twitter and social media who have made death threats against George Zimmerman and incited riots? The authorities have asked for calm, the family of Trayvon Martin have asked for calm and so have the family of George Zimmerman. That has not stopped the heinous and horrendous threats against George Zimmerman. Why are these people not being held responsibly for irresponsible comments. This is not free speech, they are threats. But this is what has become of reverse racism in this country.
How is the following allowed?
Having tracked such threats for the last two weeks, it is clear that the volume of vows to stage violent disorder is now clearly at its peak as police prepare to counter flash mob violence in both Sanford and Miami.
The defense for George Zimmerman presented its closing argument this morning with the jury expected to deliver its verdict by the middle of next week. However, the rights and wrongs of the case have to a great extent been overshadowed by sustained threats by Trayvon Martin supporters to spark Rodney King-style riots if Zimmerman is found not guilty.
Extremist groups like the New Black Panthers have also promised to oversee a “rebellion” if Zimmerman is acquitted, warning that “If Zimmerman is acquitted there is likely to be unrest all over America, It will be way beyond the capacity of the NBPP.”
Go to Info Wars and see the endless number of death threats against Zimmerman and the threats of riots if these individuals do not get the verdict they want. In other words, the only verdict these folks will consider proper is guilty, otherwise they need to riot and not only harm George Zimmerman, but any one else who looks like that “creepy ass cracker”.
Sorry, but these people need to be tried for making threats. Individuals need to understand there are consequences for their actions and you don’t get to make death threats or threats of violence. This is just a sad commentary of what society has become. This is also what happens when you have an ignorant and divisive President of the United States in Barack Obama interject himself into an investigation and make the ridiculous comment that if he had a son he would look like Trayvon.