THE MANCHESTER TERROR BOMBING WAS A FAMILY AFFAIR … FATHER & BROTHER ARRESTED.
Two more arrests have been made in connection with the Manchester, England terror bombing. The father and brother of Salman Abedi, the suspected terrorist responsible for the suicide bombing that left 22 young individuals dead, were arrested in Libya. According to the Daily Mail, the terrorist suicide bomber’s family had ties to terror.
The family of the Manchester suicide bomber have links to terror networks around the world as it emerged the killer was in a German hotbed of Islamic extremists four days before the attack, it was revealed last night.
REMEMBER THE LIVES LOST BY THE HANDS OF RADICAL ISLAM
The father and younger brother of the Manchester Arena bomber have been arrested in Libya.
The Telegraph understands Hashem Abedi, 20, the brother of suspected attacker Salman Abedi, was arrested last night in the capital Tripoli by counterterrorism forces on suspicion of links to the Islamic State group.
Three armed vehicles arrived to take away their father, Ramadan Abedi, an administrative manager of the Central Security Force in Tripoli, late Wednesday afternoon.
A third brother, Ismail, has also been arrested after police raids in the UK. The family are believed to live between Manchester, where the children were born and grew up, and Libya.
The revelation comes as detectives probe a “network” linked to the Manchester suicide bomber as more details are beginning to emerge about Salman.
A Muslim community worker has said that members of the public called the police anti-terrorism hotline warning about the Manchester suicide bomber’s extreme and violent views several years ago.
It is also understood that Abedi was in Manchester earlier this year when he told people of the value of dying for a cause and made hardline statements about suicide operations and the conflict in Libya.
The community worker – who did not want to be identified – said two people who knew Salman Abedi at college made separate calls to the police.
WAPO: Manchester bombing probe expands to Germany amid raids, arrests in Britain.
Police used controlled explosives to carry out a raid in the early hours of Thursday while also arresting two male suspects in Manchester. The arrests brought to eight the number of people in British custody who are suspected of involvement in the attack.
While the nation observed a one-minute silence at the stroke of 11 a.m. to honor those who died in the attack, a bomb disposal unit was called to the southwest of Manchester to investigate a suspicious package. The police later said that the area had been “deemed safe.”
Meanwhile, a German security official told The Washington Post that the bomber, 22-year-old Salman Abedi, had been in Düsseldorf just four days before the bombing. The development signaled an expansion of an investigation that already has stretched to North Africa and continental Europe.
Authorities were investigating whether Abedi had possible contacts with extremists in Germany, including during a 2015 visit to Frankfurt, the official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity. Abedi was en route back to Britain from Istanbul when he stopped off in Düsseldorf.