A FANTASTIC PICK!!!
Yesterday, at a post-election thank you tour stop in Cincinnati, Ohio, president-elect Donald Trump announced to the audience that he will be picking retired Marine Gen. James “Mad Dog” Mattis for Secretary of Defense. Mattis, 66, served more than four decades in the Marine Corps and as reported is known as one of the most influential military leaders of his generation, a strategic thinker who occasionally drew rebukes for his aggressive talk. Which makes him perfect to dismantle the PC nonsense that has spread to the military. Mattis is known for being a Marine’s marine. Even some on the Left were impressed by the selection. Rep. Adam Schiff (CA), the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, praised President-elect Donald Trump’s nomination of retired Marine Corp General James “Mad Dog” Mattis. I guarantee there were cheers across out military both here and abroad when this was announced. This is one impressive individual.
President-elect Donald Trump said Thursday he has chosen retired Marine Gen. James N. Mattis, who has said that responding to “political Islam” is the major security issue facing the United States, to be secretary of defense.
“We are going to appoint Mad Dog Mattis as our secretary of defense,” Trump told a rally in Cincinnati, the first stop on a post-election “thank-you tour.”
Trump joked that the media and audience should keep the news to themselves. “We are going to be announcing him Monday of next week,” Trump said. “Keep it inside the room.”
Mattis, who retired as chief of U.S. Central Command in 2013, has often said that Washington lacks an overall strategy in the Middle East, opting to instead handle issues in an ineffective one-by-one manner.
“Is political Islam in the best interest of the United States?” Mattis said at the Heritage Foundation in 2015, speaking about the separate challenges of the Islamic State and Iranian-backed terrorism. “I suggest the answer is no, but we need to have the discussion. If we won’t even ask the question, how do we even recognize which is our side in a fight?”
1. “I don’t lose any sleep at night over the potential for failure. I cannot even spell the word.”
2. “The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.”
3. “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all.”
(San Diego Union Tribune)
4. “Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they’re so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact.”
5. “Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” (more)