MRC/YouGov Poll: 69% Think Media is Dishonest … 78% of Voters Say News Coverage of the Presidential Campaign was Bias
THE MEDIA HAS FINALLY BEEN EXPOSED TO BE BIAS, DISHONEST AND UNTRUSTWORTHY ...
One of the biggest losers of the 2016 presidential elections was the news media, from top to bottom. A recent MRC/YouGov poll showed that 69% of voters believe the media to be dishonest and untrustworthy, while another 78% stated that the new coverage of the presidential campaign was biased. Of those who believe the media was bias, nearly a 3-to-1 majority believing the media were for Clinton (59%) vs. for Trump (21%). Maybe one of the most telling and disastrous finding of this poll for the media was that 97% of voters said that they did not let the MSM affect or influence their vote. Can you say, the MSM is now irrelevant?
The Media Research Center (MRC) announces the findings of a new post-election poll on what actual voters thought about the media’s influence on the 2016 presidential race. The MRC/YouGov poll was conducted on November 9 and 10.
- 7 in 10 (69%) voters do not believe the news media are honest and truthful.
- 8 in 10 (78%) of voters believe the news coverage of the presidential campaign was biased, with nearly a 3-to-1 majority believing the media were for Clinton (59%) vs. for Trump (21%).
- Even 1/3 (32%) of Clinton voters believe the media were “pro-Clinton.”
- 8% of Trump voters said they would have voted for Clinton if they had believed what the media were saying about Trump.
- 97% of voters said they did not let the media’s bias influence their vote.
This should be a wake up call for the liberal media, but it is most likely not. They still appear to be spewing their liberal bias agenda in their news as pointed out by Legal Insurrection. However, one thing is for certain, the American voters rejected their bias and was able to see through the lies.