TED CRUZ SUSPENDS CAMPAIGN …
Following tonight’s overwhelming primary loss in Indiana to Donald Trump, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz has ended his 2016 Presidential bid. Honestly, Cruz had no other alternative after the drubbing tonight in Indiana. The hand writing was on the wall and Cruz did the honorable thing and suspended his campaign. In his concession speech Cruz told supporters, “Together we left it all on the field in Indiana.” Cruz went on to say, “We gave it everything we’ve got. But the voters chose another path.” Cruz further went on to say that we was suspending his campaign but would “continue to fight for liberty”.
Ted Cruz bowed out of the Republican presidential race Tuesday following a crushing loss to Donald Trump in Indiana, clearing the path for the real estate mogul to clinch the GOP nomination.
It was a remarkable turn of events in a presidential primary race that seemed destined — just weeks ago — to end in a contested convention this summer. Even in the final hours of the race in the Hoosier State, Cruz insisted he was staying in the race until June 7 — going so far as to attack his rival during a news conference as a “pathological liar” unfit for the White House.
In the end, the growing strength of Trump’s candidacy and Cruz’s own stumbles in the past two weeks were too much for Cruz to overcome. The Cruz, Kasich and anti-Trump forces had concocted elaborate plans to try to deprive Trump of the 1,237 delegates he needs to win the nomination outright. But those plans hinged on money and momentum. After Tuesday night, it appeared that Cruz would have neither.
“We left it all on the field in Indiana. We gave it everything we’ve got but the voters chose another path,” Cruz said. “So with a heavy heart but with boundless optimism for the long-term future of our nation, we are suspending our campaign.”