AMERICA IS FINALLY LEARNING WHAT MOST HAVE KNOWN FOR A WHILE,
MSLSD MSNBS MSNBC IS UNWATCHABLE …
As reported at Deadline Hollywood, MSNBC is pretty much on life-support as the TV ratings of the liberal left leaning, Democrat party bias, Obama propaganda network is at all-time lows. Simply speaking, the product that is put forth on MSNBC is unwatchable. Not only does the network suffer from the fact that it is completely bias for the LEFT, but its reporting of the news is suspect as well and falls for along a liberal ideology than the facts, see coverage of Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman, Michael Brown shooting in Ferguson and any of their political coverage.) As correctly stated by Hot Air, “Strident demagoguery may sell for a short period of time, but it has little staying power. In contrast, the talking head shows on Fox and CNN deal with dissent in a much more mature manner, and usually features more of it than MSNBC prime-time shows do.”
Talk about a tale of two cable news networks. With its 53rd consecutive quarter total audience win, Fox News Channel saw a 10% primetime rise among adults 25-54 in first-quarter 2015 over last year. In fact, with 321,000 on average among the 25-54s in primetime, Fox News thrashed rivals CNN (187,000) and MSNBC (132,000) with more news demo viewers than the other two combined, according to Nielsen.
Contrast that to the fate of the NBCUniversal-owned MSNBC, which not only saw a 39% drop in the demo compared to Q1 2014 but its worst quarterly result in the category since Q2 2005. If that almost decade-old result wasn’t enough of a blow, and rising CNN’s fourth consecutive win over MSNBC in prime didn’t cut deep enough, take a look at the gutting the cabler newser’s nighttime offerings are suffering.
With just 145,000 viewers among the 25-54s on average over the December 29, 2014 – March 29, 2015 period, the once-proud flagship The Rachel Maddow Show hit an all-time quarter low with the worst result since its September 8, 2008 launch. Not only is Maddow down 46% in the demo, but her 9 PM show is also down 19% in total viewers. Fellow primetime show All In With Chris Hayes and Last Word With Lawrence O’Donnell fell to their worst quarterly demo ratings since their respective 2013 and 2010 debuts. O’Donnell’s show also had its lowest total quarterly viewership results. And 7 PM’s Hardball With Chris Matthews had its lowest-rated quarter in the demo since 2Q 2005 with an average viewership of 126,000.
With ratings like this, who does not think there are Internet websites and blogs that have a higher viewership?
But what else would one expect for results when you are marketing to a fringe group of an audience? Check this out from 5 pm to 11 pm MSNBC has the following shows to watch. Serious, this is a prime time line up? Unless I am looking to watch liberals lose their minds on election night and the insanity that comes from their mouths when they get routed in an election, the only show in their entire morning, afternoon and prime time schedule I can stomach is ‘The Morning Joe’. Check out their prime-time lineup below and some suggestions we have as replacements that would draw a higher audience.
- 5-6 – The Ed Show [reruns of Mr. Ed would of course, of course get better ratings]
- 6-7 – Politics Nation with Rev. Al Sharpton [Simply unwatchable and painful to listen to this man butcher trying to read a teleprompter. Although as a comedy show, maybe just having Rev. Al read important speeches in US history would be a good laugh for a short period of time. Or they could just show an endless loop of Al Sharpton getting knocked on his ass by Roy Inis.
- 7-8 – Hardball with Chris Matthews – He has lost that tingly feeling running up his leg. These days Chris is just becoming more and more bitter as he sees his career fade into obscurity. Hardball, hell, just run a continuous lop of Die Hard.
- 8-9 – All In with Chris Hayes – Honestly, a TV test pattern would get a higher ratings.
- 9-10 – The Rachel Maddow Show. Nuff said, just play reruns of Law & Order.
- 10-11 – The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell. How about no word with Lawrence O’Donnell or maybe they could just have Jennifer Lawrence or maybe Chris O’Donnell.